• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be a good alternative to the 360 controller?

G3X926h.jpg

mTWsdwg.jpg

OYha9Vn.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope TF2 keys go back up to ~$2.30+ within the next couple of weeks as I need to pre-order the Age of Wonders 3 DDE.

def sim

I can't say I'm a fan of that controller.

Eklu3Sn.jpg

Needs switchable sticks to make everybody happy.

That's tacky, though! I'd rather they commit to one design. Not like there's much actual difference between the feel of asymmetrical or symmetrical sticks.

Arthea

that gog deal on Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition is getting to me.
Please, talk me out of it! I will buy it on steam anyway, and not that I wouldn't have what to play. What's wrong with me?

That zatz controller looks gross

aku:jiki

Gotta love it when games give you achievements for absolutely no reason. Booted up Galaxy on Fire and got the "veteran" achievement before the game logo had even popped up. Pretty cool game too, reminds me of Square's Sylpheed but with more trading and less waifus.

Eww, asymmetrical sticks. Ye gods, why do people keep pushing that idea?
Probably because it's vastly superior to symmetrical sticks.

zkylon

zkylewd
xenoblade is going places now. it's really amazing the amount of locations in this game

i've just unlocked
fiora
and i'm just thankful you can play with any character. i feel that if i had to play with shulk all game long i'd go insane. specially since his kit's pretty boring, though unfortunately really overpowered.

as far as kits go, i guess my order is dunban > shulk > reyn > sharla > melia > riki. i don't even understand what riki does and melia doesn't make any sense. are you supposed to not cast any spells while keeping up auras? that's insane lol

also somehow the game stabilized itself and now i'm no longer overleveled, thankfully.

but finally some emotion! after around 30 hours of build up at last some payoff!

Tellaerin

Probably because it's vastly superior to symmetrical sticks.

No. No, it's really not. Not unless you're some kind of mutant who's more comfortable holding each thumb in a different position when playing a dual-stick game.

Note: There are apparently a fair number of mutants out there. I'm guessing the Xbox throws off large amounts of radiation. >.>

FloatOn

on the plus side, one of my friends got me the early birthday present of dark souls 2 for ps3. totally caught me off guard. I bought the steam version the moment it became available but getting to practice on ps3 before I play the game as it is meant to be played is all kinds of wonderful.

I was only able to play for about 1.5 hours last night so perhaps it is a bit too early to tell but I actually wasn't able to tell how bad the graphics/fps were downgraded from the demo footage. When you first make it to the central town, you will be blown away... I can only imagine how spectacular it is going to look on pc now.

neoemonk

This thread has been something of a bastion for me lately. It just seems like every other thread I go into is full of people bashing each other or complaining about every game. It seems like this is the only place I can consistently visit where the posters seem like they actually enjoy playing games.

Maybe it's because no one here actually plays them, they just collect them. Stay awesome Steam thread!

def sim

I loved my DC back in the day, but that controller was about as ergonomic as a slab of meatloaf.

Sure, though I don't remember how a DC controller feels anymore. I just remember all the good stuff!

on the plus side, one of my friends got me the early birthday present of dark souls 2 for ps3. totally caught me off guard. I bought the steam version the moment it became available but getting to practice on ps3 before I play the game as it is meant to be played is all kinds of wonderful.

I was only able to play for about 1.5 hours last night so perhaps it is a bit too early to tell but I actually wasn't able to tell how bad the graphics/fps were downgraded from the demo footage. When you first make it to the central town, you will be blown away... I can only imagine how spectacular it is going to look on pc now.

You have some good friends, duder. It's good that the visuals aren't affecting your enjoyment of it.

FloatOn

This thread has been something of a bastion for me lately. It just seems like every other thread I go into is full of people bashing each other or complaining about every game. It seems like this is the only place I can consistently visit where the posters seem like they actually enjoy playing games.

Maybe it's because no one here actually plays them, they just collect them. Stay awesome Steam thread!

I think we play games sometimes. I love hearing impressions from steamgaf friends. But more than that steamgaf truly does feel like a community of friends.

It's the thread I visit/post in most for good reason. We may not always agree with each other but I think, generally, respect is honored here above most other threads.

whoa whoa whoa...I think you have the wrong idea....

...alright that's better. and yes, outside SteamGAF is a scary place.

Tellaerin

Sure, though I don't remember how a DC controller feels anymore. I just remember all the good stuff!

I remember it being hell on my hands after marathon sessions of PSO. >.> Bought the DC keyboard for "real" text chat in the game, too. Partying up with Japanese players at odd hours of the night, hunting for rares... Good times, man.

Nice! That's a good friend right there. : ) And happy (early) birthday!

def sim

I remember it being hell on my hands after marathon sessions of PSO. >.> Bought the DC keyboard for "real" text chat in the game, too. Partying up with Japanese players at odd hours of the night, hunting for rares... Good times, man.

I bought the keyboard and mouse for Quake 3. I still didn't do so hot. Anyway, I don't know how SegaNET did it, but playing with Japanese PSO players on a dial-up connection was kind of amazing. Playable too, IIRC. I started duping with my 4x memory card when they gave me rare items for whatever reason. Giving my friends spread needles and lavis cannons early on was interesting.

Dreamcast controller used to destroy my fingers but I love that controller so much.

It was certainly no good for MvC2; I remember that much.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think we play games sometimes. I love hearing impressions from steamgaf friends. But more than that steamgaf truly does feel like a community of friends.

It's the thread I visit/post in most for good reason. We may not always agree with each other but I think, generally, respect is honored here above most other threads.
I think this is spot-on. That's exactly how it feels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom