• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Bundle with Skyborn? That was fast.
I suggest picking it, it's not a game of forever or anything but it is a good game. I just wish they bothered to add cards, a game would have sold better without resorting to being sold in bundle a few weeks after steam release.

I will pick this bundle myself as it has one game from my wishlist, what is so nice of them.

edited: now when we got and PopCap bundle and Sega bundle, I start to believe that we will get Capcpom bundle one day!
nope, just kidding (><)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Squeenix will do anything about Last Dream. The review the devs put up on the store page mentions the chocobos but does anybody know if they're actually named that in the game itself?

Arthea

I wonder if Squeenix will do anything about Last Dream. The review the devs put up on the store page mentions the chocobos but does anybody know if they're actually named that in the game itself?

I haven't played until meeting them, but some creatures in a game are named very similar to moogles too, I don't remember exact name, but it made me think about moogles instantly (may be, they named chocobos - moogles, that would be hilarious.)
SE do anything about anybody, if they can, not sure how easy is to do their thing on steam though.

edited:
uraizen, if you read this, play that Yaiba already! I need some impressions and nobody else bought it. (><)

Motor Rock was yanked a few days after release but there was a lot of noise about it being a carbon copy of R&R Racing whereas The Last Dream seems to have, for the most part, flown under the radar.

It's an RPG maker game, most likely not particularly great either, so it can remain under the radar forever!

JaseC

I haven't played until meeting them, but some creatures in a game are named very similar to moogles too, I don't remember exact name, but it made me think about moogles instantly (may be, they named chocobos - moogles, that would be hilarious.)
SE do anything about anybody, if they can, not sure how easy is to do on steam though.

Motor Rock was yanked a few days after release but there was a lot of noise about it being a carbon copy of R&R Racing whereas The Last Dream seems to have, for the most part, flown under the radar.

Is it just me or does Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z have an outrageous price?

Isn't it standard retail?
South Park is $60
Castlevania LoS2 is $60
Yaiba is $60
Titanfall is $60

Seems to fit the pattern to me.
Granted, I don't really care since I paid $24 for it on preorder. :p

I'm an idiot! Tried connecting a 360 controller with a play n charge usb kit!

Yeah, unfortunately, that doesn't work. You need the stupid dongle.

SE do anything about anybody, if they can, not sure how easy is to do their thing on steam though.

edited:
uraizen, if you read this, play that Yaiba already! I need some impressions and nobody else bought it. (><)

It's an RPG maker game, most likely not particularly great either, so it can remain under the radar forever!

Apparently I'm nobody. :(

Arthea

You know, I remembered just now, that some time ago SE managed to do something against replica swords sellers, if they can do that, they surely can finish off Last Dream.

Arthea

Isn't it standard retail?
South Park is $60
Castlevania LoS2 is $60
Yaiba is $60
Titanfall is $60

Seems to fit the pattern to me.
Granted, I don't really care since I paid $24 for it on preorder. :p

Yeah, unfortunately, that doesn't work. You need the stupid dongle.

Apparently I'm nobody. :(
$60 is fine, 60&#8364; is not

ups double posted. anyway, $60=44&#8364;, while 60&#8364; is almost $85! If that's not ridiculous, what is?

sorry! are you on my fl? If yes I somehow missed you bought it

Deques

The reviews says Chocobos and then moas in parenthesis. What does it mean? And also over 200 achievements for an RPG Maker game?

Tizoc

edited:

Would like impressions too. I am now hesitant on whether to start on Normal or Hard. If the game has a New game+ like mechanic I'd start on normal then jump into hard with all my upgraded skills.

JaseC

The reviews says Chocobos and then moas in parenthesis. What does it mean? And also over 200 achievements for an RPG Maker game?

I'd guess that even though they're clearly chocobos, to avoid legal action (or rather, in an attempt to avoid legal action), as far as Last Dream's fiction is concerned they're moas. (Or is that Moases? Or Moasi? I've no idea what the the plural form is supposed to be.)

you are so evil at times (><)

Not evil, just pragmatic. ;)

$60 is fine, 60&#8364; is not

ups double posted. anyway, $60=44&#8364;, while 60&#8364; is almost $85! If that's not ridiculous, what is?

sorry! are you on my fl? If yes I somehow missed you bought it

I don't know if I'm on your FL.
I don't even think the game is out though -- I tried to preload it last night and it didn't have the option. So you'll have to wait until the 18th, either way, I think. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
...and prob. Playfire rewards in the next few days >=3

I havent messed with those playfire rewards. I mean, actually playing the games? I dont play videogames...

...because I only play ONE videogame :(

edit: someone on my friends list has a avatar with the dude from papers please and its freaking me out, I dont know why

Tizoc

I havent messed with those playfire rewards. I mean, actually playing the games? I dont play videogames...

...because I only play ONE videogame :(

I'd get in on that Marvel Heroes crack but I fucked up my username and want to change it before I play it =P

Arthea

I don't know if I'm on your FL.
I don't even think the game is out though -- I tried to preload it last night and it didn't have the option. So you'll have to wait until the 18th, either way, I think. :p

wait, it's released on 18th, lol, I thought today for some reason. (><)

edited: I checked, you aren't on my fl, we can always change that ;)

Tizoc

wait, it's released on 18th, lol, I thought today for some reason. (><)

edited: I checked, you aren't on my fl, we can always change that ;)

Yaiba? It shows March 21st for me.

As I posted previously, work is kinda slowing my OT writing progress so it may be up by the time the game gets released ^^;

Arthea

Yaiba? It shows March 21st for me.

As I posted previously, work is kinda slowing my OT writing progress so it may be up by the time the game gets released ^^;

ya, I know it's 21st for me too (Europe), but I thought it's 14th for US (uraizen is from US), when in fact I just double checked it's on 18th, it was my mistake.

edited: Xsees forums are back, no new info on release date, though.

Wok

The humble bundle to raise money for cancer research has new games:
  • Electronic Super Joy + DLC and Soundtrack
  • Expander (Android only) + Soundtrack
  • Pivvot (Android only)
  • Sky Nations
  • Sword & Sworcery EP + Soundtrack
  • The Sea Will Claim Everything
  • Paragon

JaseC

I was just about to buy Realms of Arkania: Blades of Destiny from GamersGate for $4 when I remembered that it's currently in a Bundle Stars bundle for $3.49, so here are the spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Luxor Evolved -- MB-F11D76739FF4DA3F - Taken by Arthea
Blockland -- MB-63F34D556B011423 - Taken by Sarcasm
Pressure -- MB-0A59D5B0E7880A1D - Taken by Deques
AI War Collection -- MB-76BF6A688EBCA01F - Taken by Sub Zero
Thunder Wolves -- MB-60A3CC5897B7C062 - Taken by spindoctor
Time Gentlemen, Please! Plus Ben There, Dan That -- MB-EA2121A9CD4CF52E - Taken by nightstorm
Eryi's Action -- MB-0805950A34198DD9 - Taken by cardinalmind
The Cat Lady -- MB-E5265A0189E904AA - Taken by topyy

Hey SteamGaf.
Since I've won quite a handfull of give away games recently, I've decided to burn some karma and give back a little. Bought this game especially to give it away, hope the winner will have fun with it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nom Nom Galaxy -- MB-9CE32B4DC0EF1689

t1394875025z1.png

Arthea

Many thanks for Luxor Jasec

edited: I'll make my giveaway on my favourite day - first of April. As SE says: "please be excited"

Deques

I was just about to buy Realms of Arkania: Blades of Destiny from GamersGate for $4 when I remembered that it's currently in a Bundle Stars bundle for $3.49, so here are the spares:

Thanks for Pressure!

Does the bundle include the dlcs too for Realms of Arkania: Blades of Destiny?

Arthea

So, what's up with Asian region locks? can someone explain me this? I mean, I can't think of any reason why publishers would do this, unless they hate money or something, and seeing how they treat some of us (EU and AU and Japan, for example), that's not the case.

So, what's up with Asian region locks? can someone explain me this? I mean, I can't think of any reason why publishers would do this, unless they hate money or something, and seeing how they treat some of us (EU and AU and Japan, for example), that's not the case.
Japanese publishers are stupid dicks, they are like dicks, but they are stupid.

Kaleinc

Banned
Even Valve has a stance against China which is a decent part of Asia.
It's all China's fault :)

I don't know, maybe suing and litigating Asians for pirating their games is a bigger money for them than discounting their games. Maybe its just the typical licensing crap we also get.
They just want us to pirate Games to get our fix. I still am not able to buy that Metal Gear thanks to Konami.

I don't know, maybe suing and litigating Asians for pirating their games is a bigger money for them than discounting their games. Maybe its just the typical licensing crap we also get.
They just want us to pirate Games to get our fix. I still am not able to buy that Metal Gear thanks to Konami.
The problem is the east Asian countries aren't poor at all, publishers don't have to lower the game prices to gain sales like they did in Russia.

Arthea

but still that seems just silly, they region lock our games and impose ridiculous prices, why they just lock Asia out.
Piracy is an issue everywhere, not only in Asia, surely. And how locking out all region out of their games makes it any better?

but still that seems just silly, they region lock our games and impose ridiculous prices, why they just lock Asia out.
Piracy is an issue everywhere, not only in Asia, surely. And how locking out all region out of their games makes it any better?
To boost console version sales maybe, still very dumb though.

Arthea

To boost console version sales maybe, still very dumb though.

Still seems silly, our games on steam already cost same or more as their console counterparts in some cases, and these being digital releases, they are cheaper by definition. Why can't they do the same for Asia?
Unless they take into account steam discounts, as console games discounts rarely match those. OTOH you can resell (or giveaway) a console game if it's physical, so they lose money, that have to make steam releases (or PC in general) worth for them.

Still seems silly, our games on steam already cost same or more as their console counterparts in some cases, and these being digital releases, they are cheaper by definition. Why can't they do the same for Asia?
Unless they take into account steam discounts, as console games discounts rarely match those. OTOH you can resell (or giveaway) a console game if it's physical, so they lose money, that have to make steam releases (or PC in general) worth for them.

ucjkT6V.jpg

Sarcasm

Here yea go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-A2D190B066805A8B - Taken by Alduin. 1 entrants total.

t1394793305z1.png

Knurek

Broke 75% in LEGO LotR yesterday, guys. \o/ Progress \o/

I can't wait to play a shorter game (I have To the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance and Brothers queued up), LEGO games are massive. Just Cause 2 massive, I'd say.

Arthea

Dat gog.com sale.

oh my 75% on The Banned saga and Dragon Commander too
oh lol, not 75% at all, -75% only on some games form that list, still -50% for Saga and Dragon Commander.

edited: kinda tempted to pick a pot of gold, but it doesn't say it picks a game from listed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom