• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was certainly no good for MvC2; I remember that much.

I didn't played MvC2 on Dreamcast but CvS was a must play with my friends and at the end of the day everyone was with the thumbs hurt. We had a way to mitigate it that was putting the controller under the t-shirt to lesseb the friction.

Caerith

Broke 75% in LEGO LotR yesterday, guys. \o/ Progress \o/

I can't wait to play a shorter game (I have To the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance and Brothers queued up), LEGO games are massive. Just Cause 2 massive, I'd say.

Having 100%'d that game, I'm just going to post this here to save you the headache:

1024x576.resizedimage

Dreamcast controller used to destroy my fingers but I love that controller so much.

Yes! That controller actively hurt.

And yet, looking back, I like the design. I even like the little Tamagotchi thing it went for. It's like my bones don't remember all of the torment of trying to mash away at Power Stone.

def sim

Maybe it's because no one here actually plays them, they just collect them. Stay awesome Steam thread!

We totally play games judging from the activity feed on Steam. It's all a ruse.

I didn't played MvC2 on Dreamcast but CvS was a must play with my friends and at the end of the day everyone was with the thumbs hurt. We had a way to mitigate it that was putting the controller under the t-shirt to lesseb the friction.

That's a pretty good trick! We weren't as creative and had to deal with the blisters.

gnomed

Hah. I always assumed that was unique to my friends and I, but it was demonstrated by some folks playing smash at a gathering.

Arthea

59 hours, but I probably fell asleep a few times.

That's not long that long, it took me 5 playthroughs to get more than 100% in FFX-2 (yes, it's possible to get more than 100% for some weird reason (><), most of those were short, though, but FFX-2 has even more stuff to do in the new version. And about 200 hours to 100% FFX (half of that time was actually for arena, darkies, Penance and such). And I plan to replay that
I must be totally insane :(
also it would have been so nice to have it on steam too, in case of future replays
yup, totally insane

Gbraga

Cross posting from the OT

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-7C826D5096C40C56 - Taken by Kirosia

Anteater

Japanese publishers are stupid dicks, they are like dicks, but they are stupid.

I don't know if that's the reason, but they are dicks, konami were the first to region lock a fucking demo on jp psn, because it's christmas so fuck you you can't play it even if you can actually download it.

Maybe their asia distributor suck and don't know what Steam is.

Arthea

I don't know if that's the reason, but they are dicks, konami were the first to region lock a fucking demo on jp psn, because it's christmas so fuck you you can't play it even if you can actually download it.

Maybe their asia distributor suck and don't know what Steam is.

Konami and logic don't go together, that's not news.

No. No, it's really not. Not unless you're some kind of mutant who's more comfortable holding each thumb in a different position when playing a dual-stick game.

Note: There are apparently a fair number of mutants out there. I'm guessing the Xbox throws off large amounts of radiation. >.>

Haha :^)
I'm one of the mutants. To be fair, you have to consider that asymetrical sticks where there before Xbox. The gamecube had the best contoller to date imho: sticks were not only asymetrical, but offered different level of resistance.
To each his own of course, but I think that asymetrical layout is the "natural" way as it feels kinda closer to the keyboard/mouse situation.

gdt

Man, Rayman Legends just will not start for me. Wont boot at all.

Any idea whats going on here? The game wont start at all. It did however download Uplay onto my system but Uplay doesn't even recognize it. Its not on the list of games I own.

Edit: Ok got Uplay to recognize it by putting in the key, but still, press "Play" on either Steam or Uplay and that does jack shit.

Aaron

A quick raffle of spare keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-21023E7C0AC767A6
Sideway New York -- MB-9586CD9A81331498
Prime World Defenders -- MB-744BE0B68C50B94E
Vox -- MB-51DBF4B8E84ED88F
Velvet Assassin -- MB-5E1B2DECB443A539
3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-028F04AE80CAD0BD
Gnomoria -- MB-5CFB653B34D9CB3B
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-7339FCECA4AB0EC4 - Taken by confuziz
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-33D30474321E52AB
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-F10790E6BCFBBF54
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-C9F516AD327CF601
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Steam Key -- MB-A9F5BD5A2C825CD1
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-3DA5A12A4619513B
Little Racers STREET -- MB-1CA5419675859164
Fez -- MB-56249FB60A0D05EB
3079 Block Action RPG FPS -- MB-49DE20ECD58F2662

t1394817245z1.png

def sim

Any idea whats going on here? The game wont start at all. It did however download Uplay onto my system but Uplay doesn't even recognize it. Its not on the list of games I own.

Edit: Ok got Uplay to recognize it by putting in the key, but still, press "Play" on either Steam or Uplay and that does jack shit.

Sorry, I have no clue. Maybe check its steam forum?

derExperte

SteamGAF trying to survive in Germany only speaking German would make for a great comedy-reality-show.

It works better with 'Du Amerekanische Schwein'. - way less polite than using Sie.

But we like staying polite while throwing around insults, has more style.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
With all the German being spoken in here - would any of you (that can actually speak German) be willing to help translate more of Enhanced Steam into German?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
With all the German being spoken in here - would any of you (that can actually speak German) be willing to help translate more of Enhanced Steam into German?

sure, i would like to help :)

i thought about that a while ago after seeing some translation errors

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you need help translating into a gibberish language only my twin and I speak, I'm your man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom