• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannerbot

I have this feeling that Dark Souls 2 won't look any different on the PC and it'll just have 60 FPS, but that's just me

I expect it to be a similar upgrade to Dark Souls w/ DSfix. That's a pretty big change, even if it doesn't live up to the Dark Souls 2 demos.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How many languages does the extension support right now?

It currently has been translated to 15 languages, though most of the translations are only 60-80% complete, as Enhanced Steam adds new features all the time and it's hard to find translators dedicated and willing to keep it up to date.

I could translate into dutch if that's needed. Don't know how big the userbase is from there though for Enhanced Steam.

That would be great! We only have a very partial Dutch translation at the moment. I'll send you a PM with details shortly.

If you need it translating into British English then I have some spare U's lying around.

Oh you! ;)

It currently has been translated to 15 languages, though most of the translations are only 60-80% complete, as Enhanced Steam adds new features all the time and it's hard to find translators dedicated and willing to keep it up to date.
Well, if you ever need traditional Chinese translation, you can hit me up.

Aerocrane

There probably aren't many Finnish users using Enhanced Steam, but I could translate it to Finnish if you'd like.

def sim

I have this feeling that Dark Souls 2 won't look any different on the PC and it'll just have 60 FPS, but that's just me

The director acknowledged how poor of an effort their port of the original was. I doubt they'll do it again. At minimum, we'll probably see 1080p/60fps.

"slated to launch simultaneously"

man that article just bummed me out

Annubis

I can help with French. Although it's going to be Canadian French (so European French will be all like mais putin qu'est-ce que c'est ça ?)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, if you ever need traditional Chinese translation, you can hit me up.

There probably aren't many Finnish users using Enhanced Steam, but I could translate it to Finnish if you'd like.

PMs sent to both. Enhanced Steam isn't currently in either of these languages, so you guys have your work cut out for you! But no matter how much you can provide, it would be a great help.

I can help with French. Although it's going to be Canadian French (so European French will be all like mais putin qu'est-ce que c'est ça ?)

French is one of the languages we're fully translated in, but if that ever changes in the future I'll keep you in mind. :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
there's another one of you in existence? oh shit....

Imagine this thread if there were dueling-banjos-morningbusses ping-ponging off one another.

While they couldn't break the mold that forged me, they at least cast it out into the dark void of space. It should be passing Jupiter by now, I think.

Deques

If you need a Swedish translator you can count me in

Vitacat

I don't own any GTA games on PC. With the Steam sale of $10 for all of them (except V of course) I'm tempted. I've only ever played some of them, and only on consoles (i.e. PS2 etc.).

Are they just as good (or better) on PC, and can I use my 360 pad to control them? Any issues I should be aware of before buying?

I just came from getting my
PS4

I ordered it three weeks ago and they called me a few hours ago that they finally got a new shipment.

bye bye buying Steam games for a while, I'll keep visiting the thread though, and maybe buy an indie bundle here and there...

Grief.exe

So I just checked one of my orders on Amazon and they randomly changed my default address back to my old apartment.

My sound card is already shipped and headed over there, anything I can do?

Both my apartment and my house, strangely enough, have the exact same street numbering so I probably just missed it during confirmation.

mannerbot

It will be criminal if DS2Fix is needed

Well, I was saying that the jump in graphical fidelity for the PC port of Dark Souls 2 compared to the console release should be something like the original Dark Souls with DSfix installed as compared to Dark Souls on consoles. I did not mean that I expect Dark Souls 2 to be released at 1024 x 720 with 30 fps and for Durante to save the day again. :p

Lunaniem

So I just checked one of my orders on Amazon and they randomly changed my default address back to my old apartment.

My sound card is already shipped and headed over there, anything I can do?

Both my apartment and my house, strangely enough, have the exact same street numbering so I probably just missed it during confirmation.

The only idea I can think of is calling the apartment owners.

milena87

I can help with Italian if you need :)

Vitacat

Please let me know if the GTA games are good on PC. Have the 5 pack in my Steam cart.

Will they all play with my 360 pad on PC?

Turfster

The last sound card I bought was something like Sound Blaster 32.
After that, I just use whatever comes with the MB, does the job fine.

You poor deluded fool.
Please let me know if the GTA games are good on PC. Have the 5 pack in my Steam cart.

Not out of the box, no.

GetGamesGo Devolver Digital sale.
  • Hotline Miami 75% off
  • Dungeon Hearts 50% off
  • Shadow Warrior Special Edition 75% off
  • Defense Technica 75% off
  • Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition 75% off
  • Foul Play 75% off
  • Shadow Warrior 75% off
  • Shadow Warrior Classic 80% off

Grief.exe

There are some problems with the port, but there are workarounds available.

Widescreen fix: http://gtaforums.com/topic/547841-gtanfsmpother-widescreen-fixes-pack/

pcgamingwiki: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas

I should port out that all of Rockstar's old games, including the Max Payne titles, don't 'just work' out of the box. They all require some tinkering.

The last sound card I bought was something like Sound Blaster 32.
After that, I just use whatever comes with the MB, does the job fine.

I'm a huge audio quality guy. On board sound doesn't cut it when you have nice headphones, both in terms of positional audio and general audio quality.

I'm also about to upgrade my headphones to a better model and need the attached amplifier that comes with these sound cards.

I sent my old sound card back and exchanged as it was blocking air flow to my GPUs.

If you have some garbage headset, then you probably won't be able to tell the difference.

phoenixyz

You poor deluded fool.
I'm a huge audio quality guy. On board sound doesn't cut it when you have nice headphones, both in terms of positional audio and general audio quality.

I'm also about to upgrade my headphones to a better model and need the attached amplifier that comes with these sound cards.
If you have a serious setup your soundcard won't be used anyway. Go all digital as far as possible (HDMI->Receiver or Optical/USB->Headphone Amp).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom