• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Aww sheeeit

$22.49 (-25%)

Shiiit

Who's ready for the imminent release of another RPGMaker game? The game is now available to buy for 50% off at $7.49.

About the Game

The Demon of Fear, Azutura, is slowly but surely awaking because the world is increasingly being dominated by thieves, rogues and bandits. Indeed - Azutura feeds on people's fears. The solution is found and crafted by the best alchemists of the realm: a special relic whose vapors will put the Demon in a profound sleep for the next few decades or so.

A notorious traveler gifted with an extraordinary strength, Jordan, is sent to the House of Fear where the Demon lies to do the job. But the very first day of his mission, he is robbed by thieves and loses the precious relic!

Details

'The Book of Legends' is an epic game created by the makers of Millennium, Dreamscape, Moonchild, Undefeated, 3 Stars of Destiny and Asguaard - Aldorlea Games. The story, characters and dialogues, developed by Indinera Falls, are immersive and enthralling - a huge stand-alone role playing game, packed full with characters, quests, items and secrets, evocative of the greats of the genre.

Key Features:

• More than 40 achievements to unlock
  • More than 30 playable characters
  • Play as the strongest man in the world (yes!) but also control a Princess, a Celebrity, a Ghost, a Dragon, a Demon, even a chicken and a cow - in "The Book of Legends", the word "role playing" takes on its full meaning
  • More than 125 spells to cast
  • More than 60 weapons and 110 pieces of equipment
  • More than 100 different enemies - defeat extraordinary monsters such as dragons, manticores, demons and ogres
  • More than 300 areas to explore
  • 60 hours of playtime
  • 2 different modes (Casual/RPG)
  • Mouse control allowed
  • Easy-to-use Quest book and Party Switcher
  • Auto-save
  • Party Splitting
  • Choices that affect the game significantly
  • Multiple endings
  • Exciting story full of twists and witty or hilarious dialogs
  • Countless hours of playing, a myriad of side quests and secrets
  • Great interaction between characters and even non-playing characters
  • Spectacular spells and summoning
  • A Colyseum with 2 different tournaments
  • Gorgeous characters, graphics and music

Screenshots and Promotional Images

thebookoflegends01.jpg

thebookoflegends03.jpg

thebookoflegends04.jpg

thebookoflegends02.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
JShackles, if you need a Norwegian translator, send over a PM and I can see what I can do. :)

PM sent. You guys are on fire today!

In case anyone else is interested, we still need translators for:

Bulgarian
Danish
Greek
Korean
Romanian
Thai
Ukranian

The rest of the Steam-supported languages all have at least a partial translation.

Amzin

Out of curiosity, is it possible to make a Final Fantasy Tactics-esque game with RPGMaker? I really just want another tactics games with the ability to mix jobs/skills around and haven't seen much of that, was wondering if it'd be possible to make one. Not that I have the time for it anyway.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
PM sent. You guys are on fire today!

In case anyone else is interested, we still need translators for:

Bulgarian
Danish
Greek
Korean
Romanian
Thai
Ukranian

The rest of the Steam-supported languages all have at least a partial translation.

I can help you with Greek if you want

Turfster

Do you mean actual noise in the sound? That means software or hardware is broken somewhere.

Well yes, I have a cheap-ass motherboard with serious interference problems.
Anyway, dropping the subject.
If you don't need one, fine, but there are still people that need them =p

phoenixyz

AD 700s + Asus Xonar DGX
You mean the ATH-AD700 headphones? You got a good deal there if together it was ~$100.

Is that relevant though?
Not really, I just think that high quality D/A conversion is only relevant if the speakers/headphone have a certain level of fidelity. And you were telling that one guy that sound cards are still super relevant. But in the day of software audio and digital connectors thats not entirely true imho.

You can have a high-quality setup without breaking the bank.
Well, it probably depends on how you define high-quality. If you buy the right stuff you can get the most out of your money, doesn't mean you will get anywhere near a $500 setup with $100 for example.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no Naruto in that namco sale? fuck you namco and gmg!

I can only get bully to work at 720p. Any other resolution makes the game push the image off of the screen, like it's not scaling properly. Weird.
Try this...

Go to your Steam folder, then SteamApps\common\Bully Scholarship Edition, then right click on the Bully icon and select Properties and go to Compatibility. Checkmark the disable DPI scaling option and hit Apply.

dpisetting_zps82fbfc39.png

Doesn't pacman championship edition Dx+ a shitty port? I remember reading that it isn't even full screen.
Try this...

Go to your Steam folder, then SteamAppscommonBully Scholarship Edition, then right click on the Bully icon and select Properties and go to Compatibility. Checkmark the disable DPI scaling option and hit Apply.

dpisetting_zps82fbfc39.png
Oh shit, I'll try that when I get home. Thanks!

Grief.exe

You mean the ATH-AD700 headphones? You got a good deal there if together it was ~$100.

Didn't know this was going to come with so much fact checking. I bought these about 4 years ago before they became the cult-icon headphone for PC gaming.

This seems to be as I used the words 'high-quality' and you associate that word with high cost as well. I find this entire discussion arbitrary.

Sure, you don't have to purchase a sound card, but they are a nice investment for your computer at whatever price range. I could purchase a USB DAC/AMP or I could purchase a receiver and speaker system, but both both those options are quite expensive. You can still have a decidedly high-quality audio solution without spending a large sum of money.

EDIT:

Oh shit, I'll try that when I get home. Thanks!

Check out the frame rate unlocker as well

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Bully:_Scholarship_Edition#High_frame_rate

Aerocrane

Doesn't pacman championship edition Dx+ a shitty port? I remember reading that it isn't even full screen.

It is fullscreen, Pac-Man Museum has the ridiculous borders. DX+ has some other issues.
Let me quote myself: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100537808&postcount=12748

If you guys are planning on buying Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+, you might want to pass on it if you have the console version already.
The biggest thing that makes me think this was based on a mobile version is the assets, the game looks blurry at 1920x1200 with black bars at top and bottom of the screen.
http://i.minus.com/im83nI2Hvayr6.png
http://i.minus.com/iHh6xqaCJo493.png

In the second screenshot you can see at the top next to the high score a pause button that is clickable, and at the bottom a gear which opens a settings screen when clicked.
In that menu there is an option labelled "Display Controller". It reduces the size of the screen to show virtual directional buttons and a bomb button for those who play the game by using mouse or touch.
http://i.minus.com/iImpvmkiNz5OF.png
http://i2.minus.com/ipRFUe3Wh0wEb.png

In the control settings there is an option labelled touch/mouse operation which uses this display setting. Even the main menu looks somewhat like it was designed for touch. I wouldn't be too surprised if this version of the game appeared on the Windows 8 App Store with some sort of XBL integration for achievements.
http://i.minus.com/i85XxsTRgoRQK.png
http://i.minus.com/iNhB2e0bk3yfo.png

The black bars are present in all of my screenshots because in game there is no resolution option, only a toggle for fullscreen.
The Windows 8 app store has had Pac-Man DX for a while now (and it was updated to DX+ the day the Steam version came out), the assets in that release are identical (exactly the same images) to the assets in the Steam release (I checked).

It looks as though they simply copied over the Windows 8 app version and put it on Steam.

Well, I was saying that the jump in graphical fidelity for the PC port of Dark Souls 2 compared to the console release should be something like the original Dark Souls with DSfix installed as compared to Dark Souls on consoles. I did not mean that I expect Dark Souls 2 to be released at 1024 x 720 with 30 fps and for Durante to save the day again. :p

ah ok, my bad. I hope you're correct

Aaron

A quick repost before the raffle ends.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-21023E7C0AC767A6 - Taken by StAidan. 4 entrants total.
Sideway New York -- MB-9586CD9A81331498 - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
Prime World Defenders -- MB-744BE0B68C50B94E - Taken by topyy. 6 entrants total.
Vox -- MB-51DBF4B8E84ED88F - Taken by OldAsUrSock. 2 entrants total.
Velvet Assassin -- MB-5E1B2DECB443A539 - Taken by Fool (I dream of Zack Snyder). 4 entrants total.
3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-028F04AE80CAD0BD - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 1 entrants total.
Gnomoria -- MB-5CFB653B34D9CB3B - Taken by _hekk05. 3 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-7339FCECA4AB0EC4 - Taken by confuziz. 10 entrants total.
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-33D30474321E52AB - Taken by Benedict. 10 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-F10790E6BCFBBF54 - Taken by PixyJunket. 1 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-C9F516AD327CF601 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Steam Key -- MB-A9F5BD5A2C825CD1 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-3DA5A12A4619513B - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-1CA5419675859164 - Taken by Mengy. 3 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-56249FB60A0D05EB - Taken by Supaidaman. 1 entrants total.
3079 Block Action RPG FPS -- MB-49DE20ECD58F2662 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.

t1394817245z1.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Out of curiosity, is it possible to make a Final Fantasy Tactics-esque game with RPGMaker? I really just want another tactics games with the ability to mix jobs/skills around and haven't seen much of that, was wondering if it'd be possible to make one. Not that I have the time for it anyway.

I think you could do a Final Fantasy 5 game in RPG Maker "fairly" easily, from what I've played of them. You'd end up with something closer to Shining Force rather than Tactics Ogre since I think the grid map system seems pretty fundamental to the RPG Maker engine.

Terra_Ex

Shiiit
Who's ready for the imminent release of another RPGMaker game? The game is now available to buy for 50% off at $7.49.

Screenshots and Promotional Images

thebookoflegends01.jpg
Looks pretty nice and I haven't played through a jrpg styled game in a while, so bought. Can never have enough rpgs in my library. I also saw portraits for a tiger and hawk on the game's website so adding that to the horse and we've more that justified the purchase.

Now to pick up the rpgs from the new groupees bundle...

Aerocrane

Also one more thing to anyone looking to pick up the PC version of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+. If you were intending on modding the game or ripping the soundtrack, you are too late for that. A patch was issued shortly after the game's release which encrypted the game's files, disabling any modding and making users unable to obtain the soundtrack's audio files. The graphics were simply stored as .png files and maybe with time and effort some parts of the art could have been redone to suit higher resolutions. The soundtrack itself was in a folder in .ogg format.

Did Steam do something to the client, because all the text and icons are tiny now if I don't use BPM. Is there a setting I can change to fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom