• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Did Steam do something to the client, because all the text and icons are tiny now if I don't use BPM. Is there a setting I can change to fix that?

Shot in the dark here.

If you have a skin installed, sometimes you need to update those when Valve releases a beta client.

Aw yis.

14ao39.png

All dat SSD space.

The weekend may begin!

def sim

Sure, you don't have to purchase a sound card, but they are a nice investment for your computer at whatever price range. I could purchase a USB DAC/AMP or I could purchase a receiver and speaker system, but both both those options are quite expensive. You can still have a decidedly high-quality audio solution without spending a large sum of money.

You spent the right amount, totally. Dolby headphone is all you'd use with AD700's and will work well.

Copons

It currently has been translated to 15 languages, though most of the translations are only 60-80% complete, as Enhanced Steam adds new features all the time and it's hard to find translators dedicated and willing to keep it up to date.

I'm abroad (in Germany actually, me Italianische schweine) so I'm a little web-impaired at the moment, but if you need it, as soon as I come back home, I could help for the Italian translation, long term support included. (PM me if interested, just so I won't miss your answer)

Nzyme32

I'm viscerally angry that Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Family Edition is not available in the UK.

How the fuck am I meant to learn to type now other than with Typing of the Dead

Wok

Free To Play, 39.99€... whaaaa?

Its free. But you can also "buy" it for 40€ and get Dota2 items + 25% are going to the players and several other people who made that movie possible.

Where can I buy it?

The Free to Play Competitor's Pack will also be available for purchase on Steam and the Dota 2 Store on March 19th, 2014

I cannot find the price you mentioned.

Ruruja

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Desura keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Pester Desura Key -- MB-1425B26427141A1B
ulgzbKC.png
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club Desura Key -- MB-1947D6C899CC5A9A - Taken by cardinalmind
ulgzbKC.png
Pester Desura Key 2 -- MB-152F76A4B14F9FB5
ulgzbKC.png
World War 2: Time of Wrath Desura Key -- MB-54AF6CC255FAC174
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe Desura Key -- MB-2F9C50CB6D4A2606
ulgzbKC.png
Eleusis Desura Key -- MB-AFF8F0EB324150A5
ulgzbKC.png
Paranautical Activity Desura Key -- MB-1C42FB827154DCB7 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
ulgzbKC.png
Kansei Desura Key -- MB-9AFFDE1219A41384
ulgzbKC.png
Ether Vapor Remaster Desura Key -- MB-C3DD6832DC824721 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Fairy Bloom Freesia Desura Key -- MB-57B8E0383BC885E6
ulgzbKC.png
The Body Changer Desura Key -- MB-4CDB28677A26F9FE - Taken by Dusk Golem
ulgzbKC.png
Rise of the Ravager Desura Key -- MB-7090D109BB874EA7 - Taken by tylergregg
ulgzbKC.png
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge Desura Key -- MB-07C093E416AE7A91 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Roach Desura Key -- MB-D19FDFDF41C50690 - Taken by Benedict
ulgzbKC.png
Jisei Desura Key -- MB-AB32324DDA4B729C - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
ulgzbKC.png
Satazius Desura Key -- MB-FB9DBF9DBF33A636 - Taken by GaussTek

The-Bean

Accidentally bought TWD: Survival Instinct for my account, rather than a gift. *facepalm* Only $5 but I hope I can get this refunded. :S

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The title has been removed from your account and a credit has been applied to your Steam Wallet. The credit can be used for future Steam purchases.

To view your current available Steam Wallet balance:
- The current available balance will be listed in the upper right hand corner next to "[Your username]'s Account".
- In most cases, the new funds will automatically be displayed in your account.
- If this has not happened, please allow two hours for the transaction to fully complete.

Please note in the future that Steam purchases, per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, are not refundable - this store credit was issued as a customer service gesture.

Thank god for that! Support only took 22 hours to reply, last time I contacted them it took a couple of days for a reply.

Grief.exe

i'm having such a better time with Max Payne 3 on PC than i did on consoles

Said every person who has played the PC version.

I posted this in the Dark Souls II thread, but I thought you guys might be interested in it as well as it effects the PC version.

The more I watch the 60 FPS/1080p TGS trailer the more I think Bandai has just been showing off the PC version the entire time. There is also some tertiary evidence that these effects will make it into the final PC release.

I will go down picture by picture. I've downsampled the footage to 720p so the page doesn't become impossible to load.

Picture 1
  • Same geometry/textures as the console release.
  • Darker lighting.
  • Looks like much higher-resolution textures and possibly more emphasis on the normal maps than the console version (speculative).
  • Specular Highlights and Normal Maps less pronounced than the demo version, different geometry textures as well. Supports the theory that the demo build was a completely separate vertical slice from the actual game.

Picture 2
  • Love the atmosphere created by the darkness and through the use of the torch.

Picture 3
  • This trailer really shows off the particle effects. Are they this impressive in the console version?

Picture 4
  • Where is the aliasing? I didn't notice any in the entire trailer.
  • Specular highlights on the blade (probably in the console version as well).
  • Now that is the level of detail in Dark Souls that I have come to expect.

Picture 5

Picture 6
  • Two pictures here.
  • More particle effects.
  • Fog effect is completely different from the console version.

idQf74JSP5NiF.jpg

def sim

Thank god for that! Support only took 22 hours to reply, last time I contacted them it took a couple of days for a reply.

They were surprisingly quick when I requested a refund for Max Payne 1&2 since neither would work with Windows 8.

This was a while back though and I want those games back now that there's no problem at all. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom