• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

wow i did not know this, awesome

really cool since my boxed alpha protocol copy's cd key is borked or something. like it stopped working after x installations but afaik ap didn't have the install limit, rite?

It's not your CD key. SEGA had DRM on it and its operation has since stopped. They released a patch to remove the DRM.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not your CD key. SEGA had DRM on it and its operation has since stopped. They released a patch to remove the DRM.

ah ok that makes sense. like i'm too used to steam so i didn't think manual patches and shit sitll existed

man looking at my shelf i'm gonna have to make up some room for my kickstarter boxes like eternity and w2. i kinda feel bad for not getting the box version of torment but it was pretty expensive. like right now if i could choose i'd rather make w2 digital and torment boxed but since they released in that order there's no undoing it :p

plus i gotta save up for whatever obs comes up with next. like if they make another kickstarter that'd be crazy cool

Ruruja

Saturday Morning RPG is pretty long for a small size game.

I wish the story is better though.
And the lack of tutorial or any kind explanation on the gameplay & UI is pretty lazy.

I've been playing that lately and I find it quite enjoyable, I especially like the soundtrack.

On another note, Sonic & All Stars Racing (the first one) only works if I set my system audio to 44100khz, otherwise it fails to launch, it's a common issue with this game too. Are there any other games with such a strange reason for them not working?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any coupon I can use to preorder DkSII @ GMG and get the 12 credit?

The current 20% discount code doesn't work with DS2, however it expires tomorrow so you won't have to wait long for a replacement that may do the trick.

Benedict

How do I make L.A Noire not run like a slideshow?
Had it on Balanced 1920 x1080p and DX11.

have a Intel Core2Duo E7500@2.93GHz, Geforce GTX 460, 8 GB RAM and Win7 Home Premium.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

have a Intel Core2Duo E7500@2.93GHz, Geforce GTX 460, 8 GB RAM and Win7 Home Premium.

The PC version is garbage. Literally the only difference between low and high settings is the addition of SSAO with the latter.

I suggest you check the PCGW page for that game. But accept that it is a bad port and won't ever run as good as you like.

It just runs like garbage naturally, I couldn't get it to run decent when I tried to play it a few weeks ago.

Wok

I have finished preloading F2P: the Movie and I would like to copy the files on another computer. Any idea where the encrypted files are saved?

Arthea

Doesn't seem to be, judging from an ITAD search.

damn my luck
I should have bought 2 bundles.
If anybody has left it from bundle, I would buy

Hmm, apparently I crossed a 500 games mark on steam recently and I didn't even notice.

I think it was the popcap bundle.

that's a right way to cross 500 ;)
as you'll get hooked on Peggle and don't need any other games for months!

I say it wasn't even all that good when it came out. Golden Axe's main point was how close to the arcade version it was, now how good of a beat em up it was.

I remember thinking how awesome the scream in Altered Beast was but even back then I thought it was pretty shitty. I know for sure that I have played Golden Axe as a kid but it still took me by a surprise!

Man, the AWP users still ruin most CSGO games. I feel like the rounds are fun until they start buying the AWP. donotwant

The problem on my part isn't enemy AWP's, but when our own team starts to flock them without actually knowing how to use them. Frustrating trying to attack with 2vs5 when 3 guys are standing still at the spawn

Parsnip

damn my luck
I should have bought 2 bundles.
If anybody has left it from bundle, I would buy

that's a right way to cross 500 ;)
as you'll get hooked on Peggle and don't need any other games for months!

I played a bunch of peggle and then uninstalled it!

Anteater

PayPal's temporary holds are the worst. I have games to buy, jerks!

gn88ajt.jpg

fantomena

Goddammit. For the first time I actually want to own every piece of DLC for a game because the game is so goddamn good (Metro: LL) and the only DLC which I don't have I can't buy due to a damn price error.

ffs

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's never time to stop buying! Even when you've exhausted all available funds and your only option is to sell your house to the first person you meet on the street.
JaseC
(Today, 12:32 PM)
Keeping the ecenomy alive since 2006.

Milamber

I thought I got all the Rockstar games and never bothered to check the banner until now. I'm missing ManHunt. Did it already go 80% off earlier?

Arthea

Thankfully Deques solved my little problem.

I think, I don't repeat enough that steamgaf rocks, one of best communities I have ever been part of. Don't change steamgaf!

ArjanN

Isn't that how a CS match work?

I've been watching the Katowice CS:GO tournament this weekend and AWP use is actually rare. The same goes for most Competitive mode games I've played. Most of the time people simply won't have enough money for the AWP. And even if they do get there are still ways to work around it.

It's never time to stop buying! Even when you've exhausted all available funds and your only option is to sell your house to the first person you meet on the street.
JaseC has this printed and nailed on his wall right above his monitor. When in doubt he checks it.
2014-03-16_14-07-30_zps909e3d54.png

Pachimari

This month I build my very first PC and this is my setup:

How many years can I expect to get out of it? At maximum but also to run games decently? I hope it can last 5 years until I have to change the video card, even if I have to play new games on High and some on Medium.

ArjanN

Which Operation Phoenix do I need to buy to earn money? The case key or the pass? The pass I assume?

The pass. The key lets you open operation themed crates that drop.

Although if you really want to make money on these operations you should jump on them immediately when they release, on day 1 you can easily make double your money back with a single case drop.

confuziz

Banned
This month I build my very first PC and this is my setup:

How many years can I expect to get out of it? At maximum but also to run games decently? I hope it can last 5 years until I have to change the video card, even if I have to play new games on High and some on Medium.

Why an i5 if i may ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom