• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I was under the impression that GMG had mostly switched to personal codes that they e-mailed out to people?

They still have a public voucher on their site but they do occasionally email personal codes, the majority of which don't work either

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I've got a strange problem with Steam today.

I was looking at buying the new Humble Bundle, the Sega one, even though I own CoH already and I also have the original disc version of Rome TW. But perusing around the Steam links and on the Steam store page for Rome TW it says that I already own it on Steam. But it's not in my library of games, I mean according to the client I don't own it and I can't install it. And I don't remember buying it on Steam in the past, maybe I got it in some other bundle?

So if the Steam store page says I own it, but the client doesn't have it in my game list, how do I fix that?

Levyne

Banned
I noticed someone in my activity feed including screenshots of Titanfall. Is the only way to run origin games with the steam overlay to shortcut to Origin.exe itself (and not the game exe?) Can you link multiple origin games this way or would you just have to rename the origin.exe shortcut for whichever game you're playing at the time?

fantomena

For the first time in months/years GFWL actually needed to update. Holy shit the update is taking a long time.

I'ts pretty great. I assumed it was going to be a controller game for me but I found it much easier to stall and maneuver with the arrow keys.

I'm still working on taking out a blimp.

About that, what is blimp?

louiedog

FOr the first time in months/years GFW actually needed to update. Holy shit the update is taking a long time.

About that, what is blimp?

I assume it's the giant airship that shows up after a few minutes which I have yet to defeat. In my current plane configuration it says I can't unlock any more challenges until I defeat one.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I noticed someone in my activity feed including screenshots of Titanfall. Is the only way to run origin games with the steam overlay to shortcut to Origin.exe itself (and not the game exe?) Can you link multiple origin games this way or would you just have to rename the origin.exe shortcut for whichever game you're playing at the time?

Haven't tried it with Origin but for Uplay games I always go to the game's folder and add the exe as a non-steam game, then rename it. No need to go through the procedure you're describing

Levyne

Banned
Haven't tried it with Origin but for Uplay games I always go to the game's folder and add the exe as a non-steam game, then rename it. No need to go through the procedure you're describing

Yeah, this seems to work, easily enough. When I googled around I found 2 or 3 places that said to link the origin.exe itself, which seemed odd.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some Origin games do need to be launched through the client, though. Syndicate 2012 is one such example.

I thought GO wouldn't surpass yesterday, even if today was the final, since it was at 1pm CET, but it went above 160k.

Now to download the final, don't know who won.

edit: scratch that, I don't need to download. Better watch it on twitch for the presentation and commentary. Hopefully the latter will get into GOTV soon.

Weird. For some reason, if I don't use the Geforce Experience's recommended setting for HAWKEN, I keep getting BSODs after playing a few matches. But the recommenced setting has my HAWKEN's PhysX on very high, which causes the game to run like ass (still playable though) on my system. Anyone knows why?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
TF2 key starting prices are starting to return to normal now that CS:GO's sale has ended. For a moment there I thought they were going to hit <$2.

BruteUA

TF2 key starting prices are starting to return to normal now that CS:GO's sale has ended. For a moment there I thought they were going to hit <$2.

Crap, I forgot it was ending. Was waiting for my souvenir gun to sell so I could pick up a copy to drop here. Next time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, apparently I crossed a 500 games mark on steam recently and I didn't even notice.

I think it was the popcap bundle.
Same here, but with 700. Looking at my account history, it seems that the 700th game was LA Noire complete edition. It's a long road now to 1000, but no good thing was ever easy.

EDIT: sorry for the double post. I'm totally blaming every single one of you and not me :p

Evrain

Save 100% on Cities in Motion 2!
What a great deal, if only it was real and not a lie of Steam!
The discount is a lie.
Dqnf11o.jpg

Now play Episode 2.

Lol. I have episode 2 but I won't be playing it until I clear literally everything else on my backlog.

I stopped somewhere.. I don't even remember. Achievements say my last unlock was Plaza Defender. The game is good, but everything drags on.

It's an alright game I guess... I dunno, I just got so tired of it. And really quickly too. I think it's the most overrated game I've ever played.

rtcn63

It's an alright game I guess... I dunno, I just got so tired of it. And really quickly too. I think it's the most overrated game I've ever played.

Possibly. To be fair, it's a decade old, and likely one of the better titles for its time. I don't revere it too particular.

louiedog

That's what happens when you wait 10 years to play a game. It's like trying to get a friend to like your favorite childhood movie when you're in your 20s. In that case people have moved on. With HL2, games have. It's no longer the right time to see it for the first time.

With HL2 it was the presentation that set it apart from other games at that time. Animations, physics, audiovisuals, City 17. Was crazy.Haven't played it since. It probably still holds up in those regards, gameplay I'm not sure. Though I have played Minerva last summer and thought it was great. Then again that was down to Foster.....who's now on the HL3 team \m/

Most overrated game? Did you played Bioshock Infinite? That game was overrated as fuck.

I stopped somewhere.. I don't even remember. Achievements say my last unlock was Plaza Defender. The game is good, but everything drags on.

I think it has a great length because you go on a journey and you never feel out of place. That was the most fascinating thing about the game. You never had a cutscene and viola you are at your goal. Last of Us did the same (kinda) and got well recieved too. Half Life 2 had some physic puzzles that gave some fresh air. As well as the clever shooting mechanics etc. You can use your gravity gun as a shield or throw grenades back with it. Even the "Give us Orders Freeman" section was fresh air. So you never felt like it was monotonous (Like other games that introduce you to BOOM PENG WOOOMS or that other game that had a great story but awful boring gameplay).

I still cant believe that someone doesnt like HL2.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea even as someone that's beaten hl2 like half a dozen times i still think it's pretty overrated

with time i've become a bit jaded, too, to the weird ego stroking the hl2 games do of having alyx throw herself at you and praise every little thing you do.

i'll still go day 1 for ep 3 if it ever happens lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom