• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a 3 day sale.
  • Aliens Colonial Marines 50% off
  • Total War Rome 2 50% off
  • Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai 75% off
  • Total War Grand Master Collection 75% off
  • Jet Set Radio 75% off
  • Space Marine 75% off
  • Dreamcast Collection 85% off
  • Football Manager 2014 50% off
  • Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed 75% off
  • Company of Heroes 2 50% off

Yeah I just didn't think the rest was worth mentioning :p

One DLC 5$ , Game with both DLCs 17.5$ , Game with just one DLC 30$ , Game with another DLC 50$
Save75onSPOREonSteam1_zps8d228b33.png

Don't ever change EA.

kiyomi

Grabbed Sengoku as well as Sonic All Stars Racing from the Humble Store.

Bought way too much these past few days, and I can't even play these games yet. Someone stop me.

Anteater

It's actually a 3 day sale.
  • Aliens Colonial Marines 50% off
  • Total War Rome 2 50% off
  • Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai 75% off
  • Total War Grand Master Collection 75% off
  • Jet Set Radio 75% off
  • Space Marine 75% off
  • Dreamcast Collection 85% off
  • Football Manager 2014 50% off
  • Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed 75% off
  • Company of Heroes 2 50% off

Hey no region lock, it must've been a mistake

Backlogger

Hmm, I want Jade Empire, but its been cheaper so might as well wait.

Geneforge 1-5 has been in bundles before? How did I miss those? Decent price for 5 games, but maybe I should just wait for it to appear in another bundle...

Anteater

Grabbed Sengoku as well as Sonic All Stars Racing from the Humble Store.

Bought way too much these past few days, and I can't even play these games yet. Someone stop me.

yeah I keep buying those $4-5 games it adds up so quick

At least I'm getting a lot of mileage out of gta4 from the collection!

Anteater

i think the gta4 engine is about to implode or some shit, buildings and textures disappear if I play longer than like 3-4 missions at a time, and it's been getting worse, I should hurry and beat it.

DocSeuss

How does someone go about selling a hyperviolent indie game in multiple countries? Do they have to submit paperwork for different countries with rating systems and stuff?

I'm having an issue with connecting to the steam site. Whenever I try to access it, I get the browser equivalent of 'cannot connect to the page'. I read in this thread, or one of the predecessors, about using Google DNS but that doesn't work either.

Strangely, it is fine on my old laptop :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm having an issue with connecting to the steam site. Whenever I try to access it, I get the browser equivalent of 'cannot connect to the page'. I read in this thread, or one of the predecessors, about using Google DNS but that doesn't work either.

Strangely, it is fine on my old laptop :/

Try checking your browser's proxy settings and ensure it's not trying to use one. Also, if you uninstalled a VPN before this trouble started, reinstall it, reload the page after connecting, then once it has completely loaded, disconnect and uninstall the VPN again.

Jawmuncher

Ha ha, alright, I won't buy either of those C&C games. Thanks for warning me off of them.

While I haven't played RA3 yet C&C3 felt like a budget RTS game.
Its all there and it works but it loses all the charm of C&C. If it wasn't for the Live Action Cutscenes it could literally be any generic Sci-Fi RTS. Also adding aliens to it was dumb as hell. Kane's Wrath was actually a little bit better, but still a lot of the negative stuff still applies to it.

Guy.brush

RED ALERT 3 is -66% off.
How is it? Is it fun in coop?
Can you turtle against the AI or is it a RTS in name only and favors constant action and adrenalin rushes over old school base building and wall/tower defense?

I read that as Hotline Miami 2 initially.

What is that new Open Source Command and Conquer engine?

OpenRA?

Anyway I'll recommend getting the Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection when it is down at 5$ which is occasionally. Only downside is that it is on Origin and won't increase your Steam game count.
But it has:
  • Command & Conquer
  • Command & Conquer The Covert Operations
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath
  • Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
  • Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Yuri's Revenge
  • Command & Conquer Renegade
  • Command & Conquer Generals
  • Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour
  • Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
  • Command & Conquer 3 Kane’s Wrath
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
  • Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight

Tellaerin

It's time for the daily RPGMaker game release on Steam. And this one is brimming with features! It's $9.99, full price without a sale.

Screenshots and Promotional Images

ss_d375730124d9a074961fe7cda52e7792c69b02d4.1920x1080.jpg

ss_e1fb3dc2fef1069379c93cf08d7b0d0eec495135.1920x1080.jpg

ss_0bfa3137372f20841a2df1cb562944448ec34bff.1920x1080.jpg

I assume you're being sarcastic about that feature list, but I like the character art and the sprite work, and the story sounds entertaining. Wishlisted it.

What's up with these good weekly Steam sales, anyway? Not that I'm complaining, but they definitely seem to be on the rise lately. Wonder what brought that about.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uplay day at GMG!

eSeYofQl.jpg

I assume you're being sarcastic about that feature list, but I like the character art and the sprite work, and the story sounds entertaining. Wishlisted it.

What's up with these good weekly Steam sales, anyway? Not that I'm complaining, but they definitely seem to be on the rise lately. Wonder what brought that about.

Publishers can now set their own discounts up to two months in advance, including opting into the week-long deal spotlight. Dailies, Midweek Madness, Weekend Deals and of course featured discounts during the sale periods are still overseen by Valve.

zeroOman

OpenRA?

Anyway I'll recommend getting the Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection when it is down at 5$ which is occasionally. Only downside is that it is on Origin and won't increase your Steam game count.
But it has:
  • Command & Conquer
  • Command & Conquer The Covert Operations
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath
  • Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
  • Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Yuri's Revenge
  • Command & Conquer Renegade
  • Command & Conquer Generals
  • Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour
  • Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
  • Command & Conquer 3 Kane’s Wrath
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
  • Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight

mmm when? week or month?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The MP2 script is lightyears ahead of the shitty Man On Fire retread with Rockstar(tm) bullshittery and posturing that MP3 gave us.

Other than a serious need of an independent editor, the MP3 script is at least bearable. The same can't be said for the warmed over mediocrity that is the MP2 script, it was the worst of the three. I will concede that the MP2 script is better than the schlock that comprises the Bioshock scripts though.

Is Mars any good?

Depending on what you want out of a RPG, it's a 6-8/10 game. It had budget on the lower side, so there is a general lack of polish throughout the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
*snipped image*

Publishers can now set their own discounts up to two months in advance, including opting into the week-long deal spotlight. Dailies, Midweek Madness, Weekend Deals and of course featured discounts during the sale periods are still overseen by Valve.

Be careful on GAF with images of tumbleweed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom