• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Started Brothers to continue the feels.gif trip.
Controller scheme so far makes my brain hurt (and I played Cookie & Cream on PS2).

yuraya

Capcom, Ubisoft and lego bundle would be nice guise..but but what about an Activision bundle? hmm Call of Duty galore.

but seriously give me a Capcom bundle. Forget the rest :D

aku:jiki

I'm clicking around on Greenlight and this has to be the most usesless app I've ever seen.

I've already got hundreds of controller practice simulations... They're called videogames!

Capcom, Ubisoft and lego bundle would be nice guise..but but what about an Activision bundle? hmm Call of Duty galore.

I have a Hate / Love relationship with Capcom so if they will do a bundle, I might give in.
But all proceeds will be for charity and the bundle site.

The_Monk

Started Brothers to continue the feels.gif trip.
Controller scheme so far makes my brain hurt (and I played Cookie & Cream on PS2).

Sometimes brothers and sisters don't get along all the time, there's one that is more protective, others like to be annoying to the other and so on. Having a brother or a sister is good but when growing together it's normal to have some arguments here and there. By growing together, brothers tend to work as a team even when sometimes they are just punching each other. That's how I saw the approach of the controls in that game. It was hard at the start because sometimes it's not easy to work as a team. The result? One of them want to go left, the other want to go right but when you share the same goal you try to make the effort and work as a team to get there. It's good to practice your brain but I also related to the fact that sometimes in life, it takes some time and effort to work as a team.

Hope you like the game, be sure to post your impressions.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Squeenix Bundle would be cool too. They seem to bundle Hitman, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Deus EX and Just Cause quite often lately, so a humble bundle with these games sounds pretty realistic

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
S-Pare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

C-Rush -- MB-D726C51899125113 - Taken by C00kie M0nster

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm clicking around on Greenlight and this has to be the most usesless app I've ever seen.

I've already got hundreds of controller practice simulations... They're called videogames!

While it might be the most worthless, it's certainly not the worst.

aku:jiki

I think you're selling them short.
Build your own bundle, each game is a steal at $45.
Come on, they're not stupid; they recognize that a bundle has to have something to sweeten the deal. Which is why it'll be each game AND a weapon skin* for $45.

*Weapon skins selected at random from a pool of 2 skins. Bundle skins only available in local multiplayer and only for one player. All online skins available for purchase now!

Activision would probably make a Humble Map Pack Bundle that is DLC only with no base games included all on a single key. Minimum purchase: $15.

The only charity available would be Activision itself.

Turfster

Indiegala Doorways bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Airbuccaneers
  • Oknytt (Desura)
  • Unhack (Desura)
TIER 2: 3.49/5.59$
  • Doorways Chapter 1 & 2
  • Huntsman The Orphanage
  • Not the Robots
  • Fester Mudd Curse of the Gold
  • Postmortem One Must Die
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

Grief.exe

I wonder how many people will actually read this post in the SC thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104842071&postcount=519

or maybe people already moved on after the drive by posts and won't bother looking back

Great post.

Apparently asking your average user to read is far too difficult though. Steam controller threads are frustrating.

I wish we could discuss some of the drawbacks and kinks in the design, but the majority of the time we are dispelling ignorance.

Zeth

Danmaku Unlimited 2 is out today. It was a really solid iOS shmup. Excited to try it with a stick.

Also Luftrausers, woo!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Danmaku Unlimited 2 is out today. It was a really solid iOS shmup. Excited to try it with a stick.

It's great with a stick on a vertical monitor!

I reaaaaally like Danmaku, great game, only problem is the size of the player ship, it's just too big

Dolor

I wonder how many people will actually read this post in the SC thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104842071&postcount=519

or maybe people already moved on after the drive by posts and won't bother looking back

I thought it was a great post, but I'm already pretty sold on the controller. If it lets me play Rome 2 or Tropico from my couch or bed or whatever, it's already won me over. I don't care too much about shooters, so I don't need it to be super fast. Just flexible enough to handle different games that I might want to play wherever I want to play them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Huntsman: The Orphanage -- MB-423DFC0659928384 - Taken by DexterPepper
Doorways -- MB-C3283D42F6B662F5 - Taken by zeroOman
Huntsman: The Orphanage #2 -- MB-37A5C54F5E0FD32E - Taken by Man Puncher
Postmortem: One Must Die -- MB-848378B343935922 - Taken by dave is ok
Postmortem: One Must Die #2 -- MB-D880827DE12EAC41 - Taken by topyy
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold #2 -- MB-D8508636724691FC - Taken by cardinalmind
AirBuccaneers -- MB-74ABDB4BCA950A64 - Taken by _hekk05
Doorways #2 -- MB-E0B9F9A5418BB41A - Taken by BernardoOne
Not the Robots #2 -- MB-8A92ADA4DA635FD4 - Taken by Darkroronoa
Not the Robots -- MB-4FA8B05040BF432B - Taken by derExperte
AirBuccaneers #2 -- MB-9374597ACDFC3512 - Taken by Relax.MX
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold -- MB-6E15DEC5A46548CB - Taken by inm8num2

Anybody here played Captain Morgane? Is it any good?

Its not bad. On the easy side for a point-n-click, and the controls are a bit finicky (not a big deal for this kind of game, but it still is noticible).

It is an amusing game. i played it right after Broken Age (which is great), so it holds up ok.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Today I learned that Steam supports HTML5 video in addition to their shitty flash-based videos, thanks to an Enhanced Steam user's tip.

However, there currently isn't a way to enable HTML5 video. So hopefully I can correct that. Their HTML5 video player is actually kinda nice.

Nabs

Remember Me is the Midweek Madness @ $10.20 (-66%) $9.99 (-67%). The PC port was on point like usual. Playing at 1440p/60fps felt fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom