• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
With a little luck I'm gonna have a friendship discount (which is to say, I'll get drinks for free). If not, I'm totally going to support the other bar and ruin my friends'!

Still don't know if they are going to try to make a deal with Valve or something. Is there an easy way something like that could be done? Does the cybercafe program still work? Or maybe they should get an individual account for each PC and buy a copy of every game they want to have for each one.

or just pirate some cs 1.6 like it's 2002!

That's very near FCE, i'll drop by sometime.
yea two blocks from there. i can like go to film class then go back and watch some league of legends lcs or something

A man of taste.
yea i still remember going to a bizarro film festival and getting hammered with a friend on free fernet. had a couple non-drinking friends go and ask the girls too so we didn't have to stand since we barely could anyways

a very good state of mind to watch gymkata lemme tell you

Part of the problem with at least Precursors is that it's unoptimized as all get out, at least in my experience.
can't quite remember but i think it ran ok for me

It should be working, but there have been a lot of users on the server today and it's crashed like twice already :(

That's coming in version 6.0, releasing soon.

Hmmmm it's not getting region history or price history. I reinstalled and it's still a no go. It's weird because it was working last week.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmmmm it's not getting region history or price history. I reinstalled and it's still a no go. It's weird because it was working last week.

Are all of the other features working, just not these two? It sounds like maybe your settings file got corrupted. Are you using Chrome? If so, try following this Google help doc and see if that fixes it.

Only one in all of Taiwan, which reminds me that most web cafés here are full of pirated games.

Eleven in all of the Philippines. And only three are located in Metro Manila so even the provinces got their Gaben Love. The web cafes here can't install pirated games since the Optical Media Board (anti-piracy office) here is pretty active. I know, because I tried setting up one as a sideline but got discouraged by the costs.

Edit: Singapore would make Gaben blush.

jred2k

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but I'm guessing someone in here would know the answer. Does PoP 2008 have the epilouge DLC on Steam? I can't see it advertised anywhere on the store so I was wondering if it was omitted for the PC release or if it's been included as part of the base game here.

Grief.exe

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but I'm guessing someone in here would know the answer. Does PoP 2008 have the epilouge DLC on Steam? I can't see it advertised anywhere on the store so I was wondering if it was omitted for the PC release or if it's been included as part of the base game here.

Apparently not

http://steamcommunity.com/app/19980/discussions/0/648814843520233931/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/19980/discussions/0/558747287484576490/

One more. There are 42 more keys on another giveaway that ends tomorrow.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MulderWasTaken, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Huntsman: The Orphanage -- MB-3CC1A7DCABF6D792 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 4 entrants total.
Bionic Dues -- MB-4E39437B752A434C - Taken by Sarcasm. 8 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Oknytt (Desura) -- MB-6FE807531C73599E - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead -- MB-2F00EE63722EEDF5 - Taken by arts&crafts. 8 entrants total.
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-3ECCD0EB0B5B43A6 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-A383B7461DBC720D - Taken by VikasNarula. 2 entrants total.
Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood -- MB-B9C7939C56AEE4CE - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
AirBuccaneers -- MB-7C57E63DE3D5C7D3 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 3 entrants total.
Critical Mass -- MB-3F184DDEF6ECDE97 - Taken by bornlivedie. 3 entrants total.

t1395209794z1.png

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rock of Ages -- MB-A358CE72FD98619A - Taken by natertots. 10 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-25F9E5214D57E0A2 - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-E40A8905B52E30A7 - Taken by _hekk05. 4 entrants total.

t1395210379z1.png

Enjoy

louiedog

The Cart Life dev has pulled the game from Steam and opened sourced it on his website, which is currently down due to traffic overload. It's http://www.richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/ if you want to bookmark it, but maybe refrain from hitting it right now.

Sorry if this is old. I searched and didn't find anything. It looks like it launched on Steam on March 18, 2013, so maybe its anniversary is part of it.

Milamber

The Cart Life dev has pulled the game from Steam and opened sourced it on his website, which is currently down due to traffic overload.

Sorry if this is old. I searched and didn't find anything. It looks like it launched on Steam on March 18, 2013, so maybe its anniversary is part of it.

Well shit. I was planning on getting that this summer.

Zia

The Cart Life dev has pulled the game from Steam and opened sourced it on his website, which is currently down due to traffic overload. It's http://www.richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/ if you want to bookmark it, but maybe refrain from hitting it right now.

Shit.

I never purchased it on Steam.

It works out of the box with my XINPUT Logitech, does not seem to work with DualShock2 (haven't tried x360ce).
It's quite annoying that the game doesn't save config on exit - setting screen resolution and fullscreen/window mode every time I run the game gets bothersome fast. Hopefully the dev patches the game.

I found the answer to this. I posted it earlier. Hope the dev patches the behaviour with the rest of the stuff you mention.

Is there an explanation somewhere to the games systems?
I figured a decent amount out just screwing around, but I'm not entirely clear on the graze mechanic or how to max your score multiplier.

Shit.

I never purchased it on Steam.

JaseC is going to be furious.

JustinBB7

From what I can see in my country, that list is VERY outdated. Some of those Cybercafes have closed down 6-7 years ago.

I remember that site from several years ago, I'm not sure it's up to date or supposed to used anymore.

Yea same, one place is listed 3 times and the site doesn't even work anymore.

Braag

The DLC was never even released on PC.
I've never played the DLC myself but i remember the base game ending on a big cliffhanger. People keep referring to the DLC as true ending so I imagine they wrapped up the story?
Because it was clearly meant to have a sequel but seeing how nobody seemed to like the game much (though it did get some nice reviews) I guess Ubisoft decided to drop it completely.

Blizzard

Banned
I know I'm just one person and mean nothing to Ubisoft. But still...I own every Prince of Persia game on Steam EXCEPT Forgotten Sands. I think I even own physical copies of one or two of them.

And every time Forgotten Sands goes on sale and I go to buy it, I see that internet connection requirement. You STILL have always online DRM, Ubisoft? In this, the year of Luigi? =(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've never played the DLC myself but i remember the base game ending on a big cliffhanger. People keep referring to the DLC as true ending so I imagine they wrapped up the story?
Because it was clearly meant to have a sequel but seeing how nobody seemed to like the game much (though it did get some nice reviews) I guess Ubisoft decided to drop it completely.

It's rumoured that the supposed next-gen PoP reboot has since turned into another AssCreed, which wouldn't be surprising since that's exactly how the original AssCreed came about.

I know I'm just one person and mean nothing to Ubisoft. But still...I own every Prince of Persia game on Steam EXCEPT Forgotten Sands. I think I even own physical copies of one or two of them.

And every time Forgotten Sands goes on sale and I go to buy it, I see that internet connection requirement. You STILL have always online DRM, Ubisoft? In this, the year of Luigi? =(

Buy it then crack it.

Didn't Ubisoft actually start working on a sequel to PoP08 but instead decided to use all the content for the Wii version of PoP: The Forgotten Sands instead?

At least, that's what I remember hearing ages ago, and playing TFS on Wii, definitely has a PoP08 vibe to it(the speed of movement and how you traverse through the levels)

Sober

No, the game doesn't end on a cliffhanger. It resolves its story in an interesting way to say the least. From what I have been told by people who played the DLC it retroactively ruins the story, or at least the ending, of PoP2008 and if you don't play it/watch what happens, consider yourself lucky, especially if a sequel isn't coming.

So yeah, just play 2008, be glad you don't witness the DLC stuff.

Get your Bundlestars. I really just wanted Knytt.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead -- MB-522769854E18298D - Taken by Eternia
Kairo -- MB-D02ECAE3B8C0FD4D - Taken by Nabs
Bionic Dues -- MB-FCD70E70517EA248 - Taken by Sajjaja
Gravity Badgers -- MB-1225847B08984346 - Taken by Waku

Salsa

man what even are these games

coming back from vacation made me realize that steam might as well be a self-publishing thing by now. I missed a few days and there's already hundreds of those "I've got 50 extras from a bundle" bland name things, and since I missed their exact launch date now they're just fodder no one cares about

edit: don't mean to shit on the above gifts, you guys hopefully know what I mean

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You could also use a get out of jail for free card, check the Steam market for it

Damn, I can only find expensive foils. :(

man what even are these games

coming back from vacation made me realize that steam might as well be a self-publishing thing by now. I missed a few days and there's already hundreds of those "I've got 50 extras from a bundle" bland name things, and since I missed their exact launch date now they're just fodder no one cares about

That's where Valve is steering the ship to. I expect it to happen some time this year, or early next, now that people can report apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom