• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

i think I have max from some bundle...or im thinking of something else. probably thinking of that crayon game

The fist game is on steam, so it's possible.

Man Ground Zeroes looks really nice on the PS4 so I'm hoping The Phantom Pain gets a nice PC release so we can turn things up even more.

I'll probably have upgraded once again by Phantom Pain's release. I'd love to try it out on open world MGS!

i think I have max from some bundle...or im thinking of something else. probably thinking of that crayon game

Max and the Magic Marker was the previous game from the same dev. Don't thing Curse of Brotherhood has been in bundles yet.

PSA for people who bought the Blink Bundle: The remaining episodes of WInter Voices should be on sale for 90% off once Steam updates.

Via reddit

Re: Winter Voices episodic content
Episodic content is definitely new to us. We saw the reaction and have talked to Inner Seas about how we can work it out. Currently our system does not allow games to be added post-launch, and this includes adding additional keys (one of the reasons why we haven't tackled the whole Greenlight thing). We're set with the amount of titles we have.
But they have agreed instead to put all remaining episodes on sale on Steam starting tomorrow (10AM US Pacific) for 90% off for the duration of the bundle sale. They were really receptive to sorting things out quickly, and we're thankful to them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Max and the Magic Marker was the previous game from the same dev. Don't thing Curse of Brotherhood has been in bundles yet.

PSA for people who bought the Blink Bundle: The remaining episodes of WInter Voices should be on sale for 90% off once Steam updates.

Via reddit

cool I hope that includes the latest, its the only I need. will the Highborn guys do the same?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'll probably have upgraded once again by Phantom Pain's release. I'd love to try it out on open world MGS!

Well with just the area provided in GZ it's really great. There is tons of ways you can go about the mission and cut through to the objectives, so I opted to explore and found some hidden stuff just going through the different segments of the base. I'm really looking forward to TPP now since that is apparently way bigger! Hopefully Kojima follows up on his "wish" for TPP to be on PC by the time it releases, but the game looks really great on the PS4 still at 60 FPS.

aku:jiki

Via reddit
Good stuff, thanks for posting. I did think it was really lame to include 2 of 7 episodes but that was only going to stop me from playing it, not buying the bundle, so now I can at least check the first episode out! It did look pretty interesting.

If I install No One Lives Forever from disc, does it need any patching to work on Windows 7 64-bit?

I don't think you NEED any patches, though there is a NOLF v1.3 patch you might want to get anyways. I'm on Windows 7 x64 and it works fine. Speaking of which, I should really pick that game back up at some point, I only got a few levels in before I dropped it for whatever reason...

Sarcasm

I actually fixed it. There were two games it was trying to update..one which I once had but it got region blocked in the end so was deleted. I deleted both, it updated the region blocked one which doesn't show up in library.

But steam stays and works fine now lol..

Arthea

Exactly, I have to wait for the thing to be shipped just so I can get the code and type it into Steam. I feel dirty, this is the first physical version of any game I've bought this decade.

you've been digital only for a decade already? damn, that's impressive. I'm only slowly moving there now.

r3n4ud

I don't think you NEED any patches, though there is a NOLF v1.3 patch you might want to get anyways. I'm on Windows 7 x64 and it works fine. Speaking of which, I should really pick that game back up at some point, I only got a few levels in before I dropped it for whatever reason...
You guys talking about NOLF really makes me wish it would release digitally :/

wetflame

Pizza Dog
South Park: SOT is amazing. The rest of my backlog is taking a massive hit, shouldn't be long until it's over though unfortunately! Hoping to clear a bunch out by the Summer Sale.

Hellraider

Guys, sorry if this has been already answered, but if I get Forgotten Sands digital deluxe edition while I already have Sands of Time will I get SoT in my inventory or it gets lost?

Arthea

people are so hard to please, and gamers even more so.
talking about banning false f2p naming in EU topic. Or you ban all games and put all devs in jail, or all you do is nothing and it's pointless... and there is nothing inbetween those two.

Kazarov

Neo Member
Guys, sorry if this has been already answered, but if I get Forgotten Sands digital deluxe edition while I already have Sands of Time will I get SoT in my inventory or it gets lost?

I purchased forgotten sands deluxe yesterday and got a gift copy of sands of time in my inventory.

gabbo

If I install No One Lives Forever from disc, does it need any patching to work on Windows 7 64-bit?

It depends on which version of the game you have. The GOTYE edition should install fine, and there are optional patches, but it'll be okay.

If you have the vanilla, it may (as has been my experience) require a special fan-made installer, as the installer is 16bit and won't run on Win7 64bit.
Otherwise drag and drop the disc contents to your pc and run it from the executable. Annoying, but workable.

Anteater

hmm, not sure what to think of PoP 2008 so far, it's not bad but nothing really stand out, seems like the main focus is the platforming with a really basic combat system.

Just started The lost and damned

eflc_2014_03_19_19_18dwj7f.jpg

Seems like they've improved on the main characters modeling and facial expression

Braag

Is Valve a common last name I didn't know about?
I was going to a friends place and someone living in the same building has "Valve" as his last name on his door. I had to take a snapshot with my phone.

20130925_181234.jpg

Zeknurn

Is Valve a common last name I didn't know about?
I was going to a friends place and someone living in the same building has "Valve" as his last name on his door. I had to take a snapshot with my phone.

20130925_181234.jpg

You found the office for people in charge of Steam uptime.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Both games are fantastic. They have some annoying sections (and I found stealth to be not so very good), but are still a blast to play.

people are so hard to please, and gamers even more so.
talking about banning false f2p naming in EU topic. Or you ban all games and put all devs in jail, or all you do is nothing and it's pointless... and there is nothing inbetween those two.

And the insane thread on the Souls game and how reviewers are all on the take because they don't think 30 frames is an abomination and the dozens of titanfall threads... Everyone is so angry right now and gaming has never been better. I don't get it.

Pachimari

It depends on which version of the game you have. The GOTYE edition should install fine, and there are optional patches, but it'll be okay.

If you have the vanilla, it may (as has been my experience) require a special fan-made installer, as the installer is 16bit and won't run on Win7 64bit.
Otherwise drag and drop the disc contents to your pc and run it from the executable. Annoying, but workable.
Thanks.

I have the vanilla version and it didn't work on my old desktop running Windows 7 32-bit and now I got a new computer with 64-bit.

I'm gonna try the fan installer.

Also, is it possible to play the game without a disc in? So that I can just start it up whenever I want like my Steam games.

I just got to Blighttown and I'm having a real bad time. So far, I just keep kiting everything back to the ladders, but I might have to find another strategy soon.

I also just realized I've been using the same weapon (hand axe) and armor for a damn long time. Havn't found anything better yet.

Knurek

Was Danmaku in a Bundle before?

Nope. Just with Humble widget.

I just got to Blighttown and I'm having a real bad time. So far, I just keep kiting everything back to the ladders, but I might have to find another strategy soon.
I also just realized I've been using the same weapon (hand axe) and armor for a damn long time. Havn't found anything better yet.

Blighttown breaks people. Just wait for the boss. Honestly.
(And Sen's Fortress is even worse :( )
Also, you can keep your starting weapon for a long time, as long as you upgrade it at a blacksmith.

gabbo

Thanks.

I have the vanilla version and it didn't work on my old desktop running Windows 7 32-bit and now I got a new computer with 64-bit.

I'm gonna try the fan installer.

Also, is it possible to play the game without a disc in? So that I can just start it up whenever I want like my Steam games.

I believe the disc needs to be in the drive, unless one of the patches disabled disc check (I dont think it does)

jonno394

SteamGAf, i'm loving Tomb Raider, is there anything else on Steam that fits the cinematic, exploration/action mould that this game has? I'm nearly finished and itching to play something equally impressive.

SteamGAf, i'm loving Tomb Raider, is there anything else on Steam that fits the cinematic, exploration/action mould that this game has? I'm nearly finished and itching to play something equally impressive.

The only game it reminded me anything of was uncharted which is obviously not on Steam lol.

Knurek

Enslaved, Prince of Persia (2008),
Unearthed
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom