• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Remember Me: my god everyone was right, the art direction and world in that game are unbelievably gorgeous. But wow is the combat boring, boring, boring. I would have killed for an "adventure" game set in this world instead of an "action-platformer"
At one point in its dev cycle, it was an RPG for Sony.
Weep with me.

aku:jiki

More like Asteroids. Think of it as a high-speed 2D dogfight. Maneuvering to get into good shooting positions is an integral part of the game, it wouldn't work with twin-sticks controls at all. And you get weapons like homing missiles, bombs or one that shoots very slowly but then explodes into smaller projectiles so precision aim isn't required too much.

Old Flash version: http://not.vlambeer.com/luftrauser/
Thanks for the link and info but Asteroids controls means a big fat pass for me. I don't see how what I played in that flash game couldn't be done just as well with dual-stick; manouvering and positioning are very integral parts of any 2D-shooter and pretty much any control method but Asteroids is fun to use for me.

derExperte

Luftrausers: YES PLEASE. This game is great. The amount of variety in your ship designs is crazy, and some parts really fundamentally change the way you approach the game. Very, very easy to fall into the "okay, one more go" infinite loop.

I can't stop but I should because I'm starting to get dizzy. The funky color schemes are taking their toll.

Thanks for the link and info but Asteroids controls means a big fat pass for me. I don't see how what I played in that flash game couldn't be done just as well with dual-stick; manouvering and positioning are very integral parts of any 2D-shooter and pretty much any control method but Asteroids is fun to use for me.

I disagree completely, it would be a very different, imo lesser game. It's perfect the way it is now, so satisfying to pull off some daring stunt and then smoke the pursuers, everything is balanced perfectly. Being able to shoot in every direction without turning would ruin that.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Boo, there is no option to upgrade Forgotten Sands to the Deluxe edition :(

Seems like I can buy it for me though... hmmmm...

About 1 hour to go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 42 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MulderWasTaken, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Amnesia Fortnight 2012 -- MB-EE9C869B9614364D - Taken by Diedac. 6 entrants total.
Amnesia Fortnight 2014 -- MB-D4D5D9CBCBCADE01 - Taken by kevin1025. 16 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-AF1A39964CF9D45D - Taken by Ezalc. 13 entrants total.
Aquanox -- MB-0AFCA76B389F41A3 - Taken by Htown. 8 entrants total.
AquaNox 2: Revelation -- MB-811D23C7B9C1D1C2 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 6 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype -- MB-38B8447014B3523F - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype #2 -- MB-7FEB6B46239B6B78 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype #3 -- MB-55D127DE81647044 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Brazen Prototype #4 -- MB-6DFAE3FD964121D5 - Taken by swx
Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-E278649E0C93B3E9 - Taken by AScotAbroad. 5 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-7F9B40584084B602 - Taken by wetflame. 14 entrants total.
Evil Quest -- MB-C3488286E86B9C60 - Taken by drakaenae. 11 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-1E61A3AC7144BB52
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-9F5FD5EADFE06841 - Taken by Mugatu. 1 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-CEFA3677549320DE
Grimm (Complete Serie) -- MB-6C26D634D9A25BED - Taken by sapsari. 5 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-F56280754854FFC7 - Taken by Vince McMahon. 1 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-BDB2F054DFF392F2 - Taken by wazoo. 6 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-1FD5DF970EBD1DC6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-ECFC711467B8E7A2 - Taken by jmizzal. 6 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online #2 -- MB-C80972144EA9A298 - Taken by zeroOman. 3 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online #3 -- MB-CF0D41D218AC8146 - Taken by AsylumX. 5 entrants total.
IL-2 Sturmovik -- MB-43135C3A31634BCD - Taken by Alduin. 2 entrants total.
Lume -- MB-A40A2E204DBCFFBC - Taken by Darth Kupi. 6 entrants total.
Machinarium -- MB-733DA52072F09D3F - Taken by Terra_Ex. 4 entrants total.
Machinarium #2 -- MB-09B65CB38BE1E2BD - Taken by Madridista. 3 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-307E6C497FB8D053 - Taken by 19Kilo. 5 entrants total.
Painkiller : Overdose -- MB-049BC43A3E333CAF - Taken by nampad. 12 entrants total.
Pirates of Black Cove -- MB-507EDD44D5B56C8E - Taken by Vecks. 9 entrants total.
Redshirt -- MB-4A50D9020FD76478 - Taken by zkylon. 5 entrants total.
RENA -- MB-A0FC2E2437A500E8 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 6 entrants total.
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-A9130D2585C74DC1 - Taken by Kifimbo. 8 entrants total.
Samorost2 -- MB-6923C0D66AE6F965 - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.
Star Ruler -- MB-B5DA4BDCAF41AA02 - Taken by Tellaerin. 9 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition -- MB-F6968DD6F603D0EC - Taken by Ruruja. 12 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection -- MB-C04BA2C048AD17F2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 10 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-7F4D9CCE2C13AEE3 - Taken by bluechox2
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-F57E1BDFB8F467E0 - Taken by ctw0e. 8 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-A3794347AFF094E2 - Taken by fspm. 6 entrants total.
Windosill -- MB-25410D6D11C7B93B - Taken by Aitor. 6 entrants total.
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack -- MB-FC2F17277F359545 - Taken by Henry Swanson

t1395248495z1.png

FloatOn

I did. You bring up a good point...I think I stumbled to that entrance while wandering.
Shrine -> New Londo Ruins -> Valley of Drakes -> Blighttown?

fixed. but yes, that is a way to save yourself some anxiety. however there is some decent loot on the top side of blight town worth getting. and it is kind of a rite of passage to make all the way down to the bottom without that shortcut.

gdt

Any idea when the next sale is. I wanna buy Batman Arkham Origins...SRIV....etc. Got lots of catching up to do.

def sim

Any idea when the next sale is. I wanna buy Batman Arkham Origins...SRIV....etc. Got lots of catching up to do.

Summer; around July. I'm sure we'll see those games at a hefty discount sooner than that, on steam or other stores, however.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Free Super Sanctum TD at GMG, Steam key.
https://freegame.greenmangaming.com/

Nice one, thanks.

Also it comes with this:

Finally, as one last additional bonus, below you'll find a code which will provide you with a 25% discount against these following titles: South Park: Stick of Truth, LEGO Movie, THIEF, Master THIEF, Resident Evil 4, Strider, Wolf Among Us (please note that this voucher is single use only and expires at 26th March 2014 at 1600UTC).

Would totally use it if Wolf Among Us was Steam on GMG. Might use it on Resident Evil 4.

Turfster

Greenmangaming Codemasters deals.
  • F1 2012 75% off
  • F1 2013 66% off
  • F1 2013 Classic 66% off
  • F1 Race Stars 75% off
  • Operation Flashpoint Pack 75% off
  • Overlord Complete Pack 75% off
  • Codemasters Action Pack 75% off (Jericho, Damnation, Maelstrom, Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising + Red River, Overlord 1+2+Raising Hell, Rise of the Argonauts)
  • GRID 2 75% off
  • GRID 2 Reloaded 50% off
Free copy of Hospital Tycoon with any of these.

So has anyone completely migrated to using a DS4 on PC as opposed to a 360 controller?
I have, I really am enjoying the PS4 controller, I even got a batman sticker to put on the lightbar, it's awesome.

The d-pad is so good, I just can't go back to the Xbox 360 controller, especially since I'm getting more into fighting games(not enough to want a fightpad though since I only have like 3 fighting games)

Luftrausers impressions if anyone's interested
Luftrausers isn't a dogfighting game. Yes, you're in a plane and you're shooting down planes (and boats and blimps), but what it really is frenetic aerial bullet hell chaos. But what makes Luftrausers so good, besides the action and stylized graphics, are the controls. Your plane is insanely maneuverable, able to turn on a dime, reach top speed in a moment. That level of control makes a difference.

It's one thing to weave between some bullets and return fire. It's another to swoop into a dive, deftly plummet through a hail storm of bullets, take out a projectile-spewing battleship, and pull up so close that the water's surface is flared up by your thrusters.

It's one thing to shoot down some planes. It's another to maneuver your enemies into a tight cluster, cut your thrusters, and shoot the planes pursuing you while your momentum carries you in the other direction. (And it helps that just activating your thrusters is so satisfying, thanks to the awesome fwhoosh sound effect)

It's fast, it's hard as hell, it's addictive. The music is great. The visuals are simple, yet suit the game perfectly, displaying all the information you need to know without cluttering the onscreen spectacle. Each new part you unlock feels different, a new tool to master, Luftrausers isn't the most complex game, but it's certainly one of the most addictive and satisfying I've played in a while. I'd say it's up there with One Finger Death Punch, in terms of a simple experience that's laser focused on delivering finely tuned fun gameplay. It's the kind of game where I'm instantly restarting upon defeat, to improve my skills, complete missions, unlock new parts.

fantomena

Will I get more 25% codes from GMG with that free game giveaway if I create more STeam accounts and link them to other Playfire accounts?

Tizoc

25% code is appreciated, but it seems for me I can use it with any game? Will use it with Banner Saga if it ever goes on sale on GMG soon.
In the meantime:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Sanctum TD -- MB-E628FFC5F14DD2D8 - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan Desura Key -- MB-FB33B3743A84E8E3 - Taken by Dambrosi. 3 entrants total.

t1395257854z1.png

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Greenmangaming Codemasters deals.
  • Codemasters Action Pack 75% off (Jericho, Damnation, Maelstrom, Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising + Red River, Overlord 1+2+Raising Hell, Rise of the Argonauts)
Free copy of Hospital Tycoon with any of these.
This one is tempting, though I already have the Overlords and Jericho :/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
all those subs
i3scogG1wGBQH.png

It's 23.976fps
ah, you're right. I opened the background_montage.mp4 file.
Code:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 59.941fps [Mainconcept Video Media Handler - MPEG4 Video (H264) (eng)]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 189kbps [#Mainconcept MP4 Sound Media Handler - MPEG-4 Audio (eng)]

RiggyRob

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but what are the chances of the Bioshock Infinite DLC / Season Pass going on sale in summer / the next 4 months?

I'm debating whether to get the Season Pass when Burial At Sea Episode 2 comes out next week. I don't care about the Early Bird and Clash in the Clouds DLC but getting the Season Pass for £16 or cheaper beats paying £9 each for Burial At Sea 1 & 2.

Yeah don't think I can move to fully using a DS4 atm. Walking dead won't launch using DS4tool. Also here is what mark of the ninja looks like with and without a ds4 plugged in:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/plbela...westfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

Stop using DS4 Tool and use SCP DS3 Server by Scarlet Crush. I played Mark of the Ninja entirely using a Dualshock of some sort using it. I'm betting some strange "advanced" setting of DS4 Tool is causing the character to go off screen. As far as TWD goes, there's some xinput dll that needs to be patched/replaced to get it to work properly, I believe, and it affects the 360 controller too.

fantomena

Yay! Used the 25% off code and Grabbed South park for 33$.

Thinking about creating a new Steamaccount and Pløyfire account so I can get a new code to use on RE4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom