• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

The only game it reminded me anything of was uncharted which is obviously not on Steam lol.

Yeah obviously Uncharted (I think Tomb Raider is the better game mostly because I don't have to listen to Nathan Drake make quips and also because there aren't really many moments where you just fight wave after wave of guys).

Oh well, I guess this might be a one off for me and my PC. I was looking at Far Cry 3 due to it's lush enviornments and AAA budget, I might go that route next.

Enslaved, Prince of Persia (2008),
Unearthed
?

Enslaved is a great shout. Already finished it on PS3 but i'm sure it would look and play fab on PC. PoP 2008 was another I was thinking of due to the current sale, but again, finished it on PS3.

Xanathus

hmm, not sure what to think of PoP 2008 so far, it's not bad but nothing really stand out, seems like the main focus is the platforming with a really basic combat system.

Just started The lost and damned

Seems like they've improved on the main characters modeling and facial expression

Are you running a mod on Lost and Damned? I don't remember Johnny looking like that.

derExperte

tell me more

It's been out less than 24hrs and I already put 4 of those into it. Instant action. And not ordinary action, more like ACTION³. A lot of different objectives to unlock new parts. New objectives depending on which parts you use so there's always an incentive to play around and change your playstyle. Perfect controls. Perfect music that changes depending on what parts are equipped. Also every combination has a different name. Cool color schemes. Just tons of little details that make a at first glance simple arcade game insanely fun.

The Cart Life dev has pulled the game from Steam and opened sourced it on his website, which is currently down due to traffic overload. It's http://www.richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/ if you want to bookmark it, but maybe refrain from hitting it right now.

Sorry if this is old. I searched and didn't find anything. It looks like it launched on Steam on March 18, 2013, so maybe its anniversary is part of it.

Interesting. I got it a while back and enjoyed it until I got hit with game breaking bugs - the Steam forums were fairly dead besides people complaining about them, actually.

Should boot it up one day again and see if it's any better.

Arthea

Uncharted pft, we have the superior game: Unearthed.

don't even joke like that, what if somebody would take it seriously. You'd acquire an enemy for life ;)

so... are you proud of what you've done?!
totally talking about e-book jinx (><)

you don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

or something.

yup, exactly that.

It's been out less than 24hrs and I already put 4 of those into it. Instant action. And not ordinary action, more like ACTION³. A lot of different objectives to unlock new parts. New objectives depending on which parts you use so there's always an incentive to play around and change your playstyle. Perfect controls. Perfect music that changes depending on what parts are equipped. Also every combination has a different name. Cool color schemes. Just tons of little details that make a at first glance simple arcade game insanely fun.

That sounds amazing, going to wishlist it for now.

aku:jiki

Does the game offer dualstick controls or do you have to painstakingly turn your ship like in Asteroids? Because fuck Asteroids...

Braag

So American 3rd? HL3 conf...

ooooh-disbelief.gif

derExperte

Does the game offer dualstick controls or do you have to painstakingly turn your ship like in Asteroids? Because fuck Asteroids...

More like Asteroids. Think of it as a high-speed 2D dogfight. Maneuvering to get into good shooting positions is an integral part of the game, it wouldn't work with twin-sticks controls at all. And you get weapons like homing missiles, bombs or one that shoots very slowly but then explodes into smaller projectiles so precision aim isn't required too much.

Old Flash version: http://not.vlambeer.com/luftrauser/

Deques

I have Rocksmith 2014 on the PS3 so already have the cable, is this worth picking up for £4.99?

If you feel that Rocksmith is a great software to learn playing guitar and you don't want to boot up your PS3 just to learn. Then it's probably worth it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
If you feel that Rocksmith is a great software to learn playing guitar and you don't want to boot up your PS3 just to learn. Then it's probably worth it.

I do like a fair few of the songs in the track list. Think I'll grab it. Just need an electric guitar now, my old acoustic electric sometimes doesn't register the higher frets which is annoying.

Deques

It's been years since I last played it, thankfully Barrett is no longer a bullet sponge.
Not worth 10 dollars?

You can get it from GameFly with the 20% off voucher. Not sure the dollar price. I paid around £6 for it and got the original Deus Ex as bonus.

The game is an example of bad port of a mobile game

Turfster

You can get it from GameFly with the 20% off voucher. Not sure the dollar price. I paid around £6 for it and got the original Deus Ex as bonus.

The game is an example of bad port of a mobile game

It was a pretty bad mobile game to start with.
Still kicking myself for buying it.

Blighttown breaks people. Just wait for the boss. Honestly.
(And Sen's Fortress is even worse :( )
Also, you can keep your starting weapon for a long time, as long as you upgrade it at a blacksmith.

Man, I barely got in and I want to run back to the Shrine. Problem is i'm fuck-all far away and not sure how to get back.

I think I got my axe to +4 or 5 before running out of shards.

I knew what this was before clicking on it. I need it in my library.

Deques

It was a pretty bad mobile game to start with.
Still kicking myself for buying it.

SquareEnix should learn from it and ported it into a better game, using HR engine and removed all of the bad touch control UI. And also changed the voice actor of the tutorial voice...

Turfster

SquareEnix should learn from it and ported it into a better game, using HR engine and removed all of the bad touch control UI. And also changed the voice actor of the tutorial voice...

Wait.
They kept that horrible control scheme and interface for the PC version?

FloatOn

Man, I barely got in and I want to run back to the Shrine. Problem is i'm fuck-all far away and not sure how to get back.

I think I got my axe to +4 or 5 before running out of shards.

did you take the master key?

if you did I'd homeward bone the fuck out of the top of blight town because there is a way to get to the bottom with the master key.

Remember the basketball court in Detroit? I couldn't throw the ball in the hoop, so I jumped on the crates that I piled, and put the ball in the hoop, and got the achievement.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

if you did I'd homeward bone the fuck out of the top of blight town because there is a way to get to the bottom with the master key.

Yo you gots to experience the whole thing once though and get fucked by those poison blowdarters a couple times before you switch over to the master key route. You can't experience the joy of the master key if you don't know what you are skipping.

Eternia

I guess there's some content update pushing Dota 2 treasure keys down to around $2 USD (or lower) on the market right now. Sounds like a good time to grab some for future trading for people who uses those.

FloatOn

Yo you gots to experience the whole thing once though and get fucked by those poison blowdarters a couple times before you switch over to the master key route. You can't experience the joy of the master key if you don't know what you are skipping.

true but due to recent life events I'm all about sparing people unnecessary pain.

Grabbing Luftrausers & Remember Me yesterday presents a great study in contrasts.

Remember Me: my god everyone was right, the art direction and world in that game are unbelievably gorgeous. But wow is the combat boring, boring, boring. I would have killed for an "adventure" game set in this world instead of an "action-platformer"

Luftrausers: YES PLEASE. This game is great. The amount of variety in your ship designs is crazy, and some parts really fundamentally change the way you approach the game. Very, very easy to fall into the "okay, one more go" infinite loop.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

or

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

which one ?

depends on prices, but I'd go Enemy Unknown based on length and replay ability. While The Bureau has some really nice mechanics (I loved throwing around commands while avoiding 2 Elite Mutons)....it's roughly a 10 hour journey and that's it. There is literally no reason to play it again aside from different difficulties.

I did. You bring up a good point...I think I stumbled to that entrance while wandering.
Shrine -> Anor Londo -> Valley of Drakes -> Blighttown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom