• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but what are the chances of the Bioshock Infinite DLC / Season Pass going on sale in summer / the next 4 months?

I'm debating whether to get the Season Pass when Burial At Sea Episode 2 comes out next week. I don't care about the Early Bird and Clash in the Clouds DLC but getting the Season Pass for £16 or cheaper beats paying £9 each for Burial At Sea 1 & 2.

iirc it has gone on sale in the autumn and christmas sales so it's pretty much a given that the same will happen with the summer sale.

Pachimari

Play with your graphics settings is my only other advice, as I've not seen that particular issue in a game when it wasn't hardware causing the problem

Hmm, might it be my motherboard. It also creates weird artefacts in Plex and my movies lag. =/

But no issues in anything else nor in any other game.

Stop using DS4 Tool and use SCP DS3 Server by Scarlet Crush. I played Mark of the Ninja entirely using a Dualshock of some sort using it. I'm betting some strange "advanced" setting of DS4 Tool is causing the character to go off screen. As far as TWD goes, there's some xinput dll that needs to be patched/replaced to get it to work properly, I believe, and it affects the 360 controller too.

I played through the whole season of TWD with the 360 wired controller no problems so not sure there. But got a link for the tool you speak of?

I played through the whole season of TWD with the 360 wired controller no problems so not sure there. But got a link for the tool you speak of?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

It's what DS4 Tool is based off... I believe. It works with DS3 and DS4, though you lose the ability to use the DS4 Touchpad and change the lightbar options, etc.

This may make your DS4 work with TWD:
http://www.giantbomb.com/the-walkin...w-to-get-360-controller-to-work-on-pc-565359/

Two new Assassin's Creed games this fall/winter. Codename Unity (XBO/PS4/PC) will be set in Paris. No idea about the other one yet aside from codename Comet (360/PS3/PC).

JaseC should be pleased.

EDIT: Here was the original rumor which seems to have been proven legitimate by the recent leak.

So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good to which he said that i will probably love the next one too. I told him that i already played black flag to which he smiled at me and said the one after that. Turns out that the guy was someone close to the series (dev/pr) and although he didn't disclose what exactly his position was, he did give me a fair bit of info on the upcoming title. My day was literally made when towards the end of our conversation he showed me a short clip about the game on his ipad. Mind you the guy was a not a native english speaker so there might be some errors in what he meant and i what i am posting here.

set in paris and england (london?)

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.

MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.

from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.

Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Thats all for now. I'll post if i remember anything more.

Free Super Sanctum TD at GMG, Steam key.
https://freegame.greenmangaming.com/

capsule_616x353.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235250/

Almost grabbed this when it was under $1 on Steam. Good thing I held out! Might use the 80% off coupon on Sanctum 2 also since I haven't picked that up yet.

Grief.exe

Namco has their priorities mixed up. Dark Souls should have been first.

The signs are there so hopefully DS will follow soon.

Dark Souls will be harder to fix as the internet connection is pivotal to the game.

I don't see any changes in the registry though for the Ace Combat app. The name 'Ace Combat Enhanced Edition' has been there for months.

They haven't pushed a patch to the public build or published a new app that I can see in my short research.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Two new Assassin's Creed games this fall/winter. Codename Unity (XBO/PS4/PC) will be set in Paris. No idea about the other one yet aside from codename Comet (360/PS3/PC).

JaseC should be pleased.

I'll play any AssCollectathon but what I really want is a return to sprawling cities. AssCreed 3 fell far short in this regard in favour of a sprawling and boringly barren frontier, whereas Black Flag favoured smaller cities in favour of a larger "open world" that was 80% water. For Ubi's first "next-gen" AssCreed (I hate how the term "next-gen" survives even when the consoles in question have released) I want the locale variety of AssCreed 2 coupled with city sizes comparable, at least in one instance, to those of Brotherhood's Rome. Let me love you, Ubi. Maybe I'll even forgive you for letting Tintin and King Kong rot in the Steam registry.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll play any AssCollectathon but what I really want is a return to sprawling cities. AssCreed 3 fell far short in this regard in favour of a sprawling and boringly barren frontier, whereas Black Flag favoured smaller cities in favour of a larger "open world" that was 80% water. For Ubi's first "next-gen" AssCreed (I hate how the term "next-gen" survives even when the consoles in question have released) I want the locale variety of AssCreed 2 coupled with city sizes comparable, at least in one instance, to those of Brotherhood's Rome. Let me love you, Ubi. Maybe I'll even forgive you for letting Tintin and King Kong rot in the Steam registry.

Paris is a pretty big place, so there's hope of this being the case.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are they even removing GFWL from Dark Souls? I thought they were "exploring options"

The community stats flag was added to Dark Souls the other week, and said flag, to be of any use, needs Steamworks data. Scamco is planning something, that much is certain, but while it stands to reason that GFWL will be surgically replaced with Steamworks, there's no concrete data to suggest this is happening.

Expect a dev branch to pop up soon after Ace Combat's Steamworks patch goes live.

Does downloading Crysis Warhead automagically put SecuROM on your system or does it only apply when you first run the game? I'm debating whether or not the Playfire credit is worth installing for.

fixed. but yes, that is a way to save yourself some anxiety. however there is some decent loot on the top side of blight town worth getting. and it is kind of a rite of passage to make all the way down to the bottom without that shortcut.

Ugh. Finally got to the bonfire near the top, so I'm good with that now. Those poison dart guys can get fucked though.

JaseC should be pleased.

EDIT: Here was the original rumor which seems to have been proven legitimate by the recent leak.

Can't wait
to get this after finishing Rev, 3, BlaFla

ModBot said:
Instructions for Darth Kupi:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Sanctum TD -- MB-5ABD9C612FAD4E49 - Taken by Fool (I dream of Zack Snyder)

Also heres the 25% off GMG coupon that came with it if anyone wants: MZ3XPX-RKL6CW-S4ADO0

Ezalc

I see Jade Empire is on sale on steam, is this a good version of it or should it just be skipped? I'm considering it over the Prince of Persia games.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I see Jade Empire is on sale on steam, is this a good version of it or should it just be skipped? I'm considering it over the Prince of Persia games.

It has some major issues like failing to launch from the steam client. Nothing you can't fix though

FloatOn

Nothing short of a complete asscreed reboot will pique my curiosity in that franchise again.

Basically they need to make it deus ex + arkham asylum in a historical skin for it to be worth it to me.

Grief.exe

Let's get this started again and try to get some information for the PC version of Dark Souls II!

Either retweet this, or create your own. Publishers thrive on our ignorance, lets team up to try to shed some light on this upcoming release.

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/446344154788806656

H0i9LTG.png

If you are not aware, the PC Trailer shown at TGS has the exact same textures/geometry as the retail console build, but amazing lighting and graphical effects not present. There are some minor geometry differences between the two versions, but the majority of assets are the exact same.
Some screenshots from this area would give us some definitive information to work with.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_dark_souls_ii_tgs_trailer-30829_en.html

idQf74JSP5NiF.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Always good to see a company like EA going back on their always-online-DRM stace.

Still not buying it.

Here's my GMG coupons, for anyone that wants them.

80% off Sanctum 2, if you own Super Sanctum TD
OTI4G6-ROUUKP-BNI6J6

25% off..anything?
2SCG1T-KFEL2D-TJHXOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom