• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chipping away through Volgarr lately. I'm on the Path of the Valkyrie sets of levels and I find myself continually impressed with this game. The art is hideous, but the design is just so honest.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Great news Jase!

If they added cards/achievements/linux support to The Witcher 1, I would have a strong reason to purchase that version on Steam. Currently, I just have it on GOG.

The matter of a Linux port of the original is kinda up in the air since it uses BioWare's Aurora engine. Presumably CDPR will make it happen but in the interest of realistic expectations I wouldn't necessarily consider TW2's imminent Linux port as a clear sign.

I'll sift through this soon.

UE4 will also get official linux support sometimes in the future:

This first release of Unreal Engine 4 is just the beginning. In the C++ code, you can see many new initiatives underway, for example to support Oculus VR, Linux, Valve’s Steamworks and Steam Box efforts, and deployment of games to web browsers via HTML5. It’s all right there, in plain view, on day one of many years of exciting and open development ahead!

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/welcome-to-unreal-engine-4

Nothing short of a complete asscreed reboot will pique my curiosity in that franchise again.

Basically they need to make it deus ex + arkham asylum in a historical skin for it to be worth it to me.

I want an AssCreed set in Roaring 20's Manhattan where you basically scale and infiltrate tall buildings to get a clear shot into other buildings with your rifle, rather than your wrist blade. Like an AssCreed: Silent Scope Edition. You could have missions in the slums, in the financial district, there's some water to work with, etc etc etc

Grief.exe

The matter of a Linux port of the original is kinda up in the air since it uses BioWare's Aurora engine. Presumably CDPR will make it happen but in the interest of realistic expectations I wouldn't necessarily consider TW2's imminent Linux port as a clear sign.

That is a good point.

TW2/3 run on the Red engine and work on the TW3 version could be used for TW2.

I want an AssCreed set in Roaring 20's Manhattan where you basically scale and infiltrate tall buildings to get a clear shot into other buildings with your rifle, rather than your wrist blade. Like an AssCreed: Silent Scope Edition. You could have missions in the slums, in the financial district, there's some water to work with, etc etc etc

What you want already exists and it's call the Saboteur.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if mentioned yet, but the new Oculus Rift "DK2" is available for pre-order.

Thinking about making my wallet about $350 lighter.

Arthea

mannerbot

Chipping away through Volgarr lately. I'm on the Path of the Valkyrie sets of levels and I find myself continually impressed with this game. The art is hideous, but the design is just so honest.

Game's great, wish the boss fights on the Valk levels were harder though (they're the exact same as the Crystal path). The attention to detail is amazing, there are some really clever design decisions and the level design is immaculate. I actually think the game is a bit too generous in the end though. Sure, I died a ton when I first started playing, but when I got ending A I had like 16+ lives stocked up. 1CCing is actually not that hard.

Knurek

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zafehouse: Diaries -- MB-D3F0B35EC673E3ED - Taken by Pakkidis. 11 entrants total.
Clickr -- MB-A09E30150A651EAA - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 8 entrants total.
Silent Storm Gold Edition -- MB-B77D42ECC623AFEA - Taken by trailmix16. 10 entrants total.

t1395265550z1.png

Spares

Pakkidis

Any reason why every steam game needs to install direct x everytime? Shouldn't it just detect that I already have it?

I'm also having some problems win 8.1 64 bit. Seems a latest update messed up my log in stuff.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wasn't that the guy who didn't want to put the game on Greenlight in the first place? Or am I thinking of a different game.

You are correct:
http://thefloorisjelly.tumblr.com/post/38363494684/green-light-district

Here's a list of awesome games that, as of writing, Greenlight has excluded...
Knytt Underground
Kentucky Route Zero (I’ve been fortunate enough to help beta test this, and it is already one of the most incredible games I’ve ever played.)
Fotonica
Probability 0
Sokobond

POP: Methodology Experiment One
FRACT OSC
The Sea Will Claim Everything
La Mulana
qrth-phyl <-- no longer on greenlight because dev took ball and went home
Kario <-- this is probably Kairo, which is on Steam
The Real Texas
BasketBelle
Waiting for Horus
Death Ray Manta <-- no longer on greenlight because dev took ball and went home
Cardinal Quest II
Dino Run SE
Incredipede

Looks to me like the system is working fine? Almost everything on that list has been allowed on Steam.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This is what happens when people endlessly complain that it's too hard to get things through Greenlight.

Are you happy now?

This batch is even more of a mixed bag than the last batch. On one hand, these got through:

On the other hand, Bonetown and this got through:

Burrito Galaxy Z 64: Mega-Tortilla Scrolls Saga 30X6: Planetoid SAL-5A XIV Directors Cut: Candy Edition: Push it to the edge PRO

Steam Description said:
// WARNING! : THIS GAME HAS NO GUNS, BLOOD, OR ZOMBIES, THEREFOR IS NOT A REAL GAME \\

WELCOME TO
" Burrito Galaxy 64: Mega-Tortilla Bean Saga 30X6 - Planetoid SAL-5A XIV Directors Cut: Extreme Edition : Push it to the limit "

GRAB UR BURRITO N SUIT UP, ITS TIME TO BEAN IT UP!

SLAP, BURP, AND SWACK YOUR WAY THROUGH COUPLES OF PUZZLES, SOME OF DUNGEONS AND TWO OF BOSS.

BECOME GUAC - THE FIRST FEMALE BEAN COMMANDER IN BURRITO GALAXY - AND DELIVER THE INTERSTELLAR BEAN PAYLOAD!

EXPLORE ALIEN PLANET WHERE IN PIRATES HAVE TAKEN YOUR BEAN CORE.

HOW WILL GUAC DELIVER THE BEANS NOW!?

FEATURES -
GROOVY COOL TUNES
WIGGITY WACK HAND DRAW ART
SUPER SWAG ITEMS AND COMBAT
TOTALLY TOOBULAR CONVERSATION WITH ALIENS AND HIDDEN RAPPER GIRL
IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAL

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? CAN YOU ASCEND YOUR MORTAL HUSK AND LEAVE BEHIND THIS WASTE OF A LIFE IN PURSUIT OF HIGHER BURRITOS?

Seriously?

And I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel about this
although I'll still probably buy it at some point
:

Koenchu! -The Tale of the Voice Actress-

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Burrito Galaxy Z looks excellent, to be honest, I have no idea why anyone would be surprised that got through. Reminds me a little of ToeJam and Earl or WarioWare in terms of comedy stylings, great art... it's not entirely clear what the game is, but understanding what the hell is going on is way overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom