• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zia

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. I know it's never down for long, but it just happens to be whenever I'm about to play a game.

Chronoja

Weeks? More like months. And I wish I were joking, but I'm not. I don't know how this is acceptable.

I'm usually pretty forgiving about things like this but it has become quite tedious. If they'd just tell us why it's going on, or even a simple acknowledgement of the increasing frequency of these downtimes "we're looking into it" would be nice, however unlikely.

What are you doing Gaben...
VvtGna4.gif

HoosTrax

Gah, scared the shit out of me for a second -- I started up Steam and all of the four dozen or so categories for my 700+ games had disappeared and it was all one giant list in my library.

Re-logged and it was back to normal.

Worse comes to worst, I guess I could have just copied then over from my laptop.

Mairu

I played with the Steam Controller at GDC, but only really for a few minutes on Portal 2. The touch circle pad things are weird.

Knurek

So, I'm getting terrible, terrible stuttering with some of Enslaved cutscenes (like, 0 fps for few seconds terrible). Googling the symptoms, it seems to be a well known problem - I've tried doing some of the suggested fixes (Motion Blur off, LAA on) - can anyone actually confirm that they work, and are not just placebo?

Very brief game thoughts from recent bundles in case anybody was interested. Unfortunately not any gold in this recent lot but that happens on the quest to try all my games.

Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan: Nice art style but clunky gameplay and has some nasty bugs. Avoid for now.

Epic Battle Fantasy 4: Since it is the 4th game, somebody in the world must know how to play it but I couldn't work it out. There are some places on the screen you can click and others you can't and nothing seems to happen anyway and it made no sense to me. Doesn't seem it is worth the time to figure it out.

Winter Voices: Kind of interesting art-style, reminded me a bit of a C64 game (albeit what would have been an amazing looking one). I found it slow and pretty boring to play and it didn't grip me. Might be worth a look for genre fans.

SpaceForce: Rogue Universe: As with all space games, the first thing I did was turned around and attacked a big space station. While this caused a reaction, it took about 10 minutes for me to actually die from the counter attack which was a let down. Other than that, it is pretty enough and the controls seemed to work, it was just not that impressive. I'm not a fan of space games generally, but it seems well constructed so worth a look.

Silent Storm: Quite a big download for what looks like such an old game. The art-style really doesn't do the game any favours and I think you could do better with your time. Even something like Trapped Dead would be a better option and that isn't saying much.

Knytt Underground: A nice attempt at atmosphere and it looks nice in screens. Unfortunately it is a rather dull experience and not one that I wanted to play again (I previously played on console). Boring.

Highborn: An ios port, this has come across reasonably well as a turn based strategy title. Be aware that you only get the first chapter and the characters you use are incredibly annoying with cheesy and forced humour. It isn't terrible, but you can do a lot better. Better options.

Clickr: A completely obnoxious opening sequence (Katamari Damacy style) eventually lets you into a pretty simplistic puzzle game where you click a lot and nothing much happens. Not much to speak of.

Bionic Dues: I was very keen to try Bionic Dues and initial impressions were great. It has a lot of depth to the menus, lots of missions and a huge amount of options to outfit your mechs. But then you get into the game and it doesn't go close to matching the build up. You just move around, square by square and click on things to attack. It just isn't interesting or fun to play the actual game bits. A big let down.

Zafehouse: Diaries: Another game I've wanted to try for a while, but another one that was quickly discarded. As with Bionic Dues, it feels like a lot of work has gone into what is there, but they forgot to wrap it around an actual fun experience. If you could do all the Zafehouse build up and then explore an envrionment or go on a mission? It could have been great (and this half is something a lot of zombie games miss). But you can't, so again it is dull and not something I'm interested in playing. Interesting ideas, could work well when paired with another game, but not enough.

Faabulous

I think you had some unfair expectations of both Bionic Dues and Zafehouse. I don't know why, but you thought then to be games they were clearly not. Bionic Dues was never supposed to be an action mech, but a Roguelike, and those are slow and methodic, that's why there is all that depth. As with Zafehouse, it is a text adventure dude, not an exploration game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom