• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There are STILL "alternative" methods to play your legally purchased and updated copy of Bulletstorm even after GFWL is pulled, afaik. At least for the single player modes.

Don't need to have a local copy of your online GFWL profile either, the method doesn't rely on GFWL at all.

Sure, you can just crack the game. That goes without saying, really. ;)

Oreoleo

Sir, You Are Being Hunted has been a letdown for me. It's a good concept, and I've gone back to it a handful of times as they've added more features but there is little fun to be had IMO. Player movement, gun handling, the stealth system, it all just feels very clunky and inelegant. On top of that it feels like there isn't really anything to explore. Environments are very bland, and except for the rock fragments you're supposed to find to beat the game, all items are found in houses that you loot by clicking on a door as though it's a treasure chest. You can't actually enter buildings. It all feels very unsatisfying.

Grief.exe

Thanks Raven for the birthday gift!

sDSSELb.png

Does beating the average get you a Steam key for the OST?

No, it does not.
At least not unless it's a different sub that the steam key they give you is for.

Like Humble Bundles, it seems you get a steam key for the game and a download of a zip file for the soundtrack.
I'm going to redeem it shortly, so I'll let you know if I end up owning the OST on steam, but I'm fairly certain it's a no.

JaseC

No, it does not.
At least not unless it's a different sub that the steam key they give you is for.

Like Humble Bundles, it seems you get a steam key for the game and a download of a zip file for the soundtrack.

The Imperial Edition includes the soundtrack but I don't want to beat the average only to find the key is for the game alone (I already have it).

_hekk05

Banned
The fastest internet I have ever had was about 4MBps.
Can't imagine the intensity of 100+Mbps

1 Byte is 8 bit, so 4MBps is 32 Mbps.

After 25Mbps, I think there's no noticeable change in browsing speeds unless its gif heavy or something

downloads will be glorious though

The Imperial Edition includes the soundtrack but I don't want to beat the average only to find the key is for the game alone (I already have it).

Sub is "War of the Human Tanks".
Looking at properties for the game and checking the DLC tab shows "You currently own no DLC for this product."

I contacted support, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jawmuncher

1 Byte is 8 bit, so 4MBps is 32 Mbps.

After 25Mbps, I think there's no noticeable change in browsing speeds unless its gif heavy or something

downloads will be glorious though

I see. Wonder why they have to do it that way.
But yeah as you said its the most noticeable with downloads for sure.

AWW YESSS!

Happened to run into a copy of No One Lives Forever GOTY edition in a flea market. Got it for 1 euro. One of my favorite games ever! Don't know where I've lost my original copy of the game.

Seems to run fine on my PC despite the age of the game (though I guess it's not all that ancient, and my PC is very old too anyway). That aliasing though..
Will be interesting to see how the game has held up and if my love for the game is mostly painted golden with time and nostalgia (I really don't think so at least).

Are there any good mods for the game? Anyone know?

Man I'd love a see a version of it come to GOG/Steam some day but I guess it's extremely unlikely.

JaseC

AWW YESSS!

Happened to run into a copy of No One Lives Forever GOTY edition in a flea market. Got it for 1 euro. One of my favorite games ever! Don't know where I've lost my original copy of the game.

Seems to run fine on my PC despite the age of the game (though I guess it's not all that ancient, and my PC is very old too anyway). That aliasing though..
Will be interesting to see how the game has held up and if my love for the game is mostly painted golden with time and nostalgia (I really don't think so at least).

Are there any good mods for the game? Anyone know?

Man I'd love a see a version of it come to GOG/Steam some day but I guess it's extremely unlikely.

NOLF is in an awkward limbo. Presumably the rights to the NOLF IP itself are buried somewhere at Acti (Fox Interactive was bought out by Vivendi Games which became the now-independent Acti-Blizz), but the subtitles, A Spy in HARM's Way and Contract JACK, went with Monolith to WB.

NOLF is in an awkward limbo. Presumably the rights to the NOLF IP itself are buried somewhere at Acti (Fox Interactive became Vivendi Interactive which became the now-independent Acti-Blizz), but the subtitles, A Spy in HARM's Way and Contract JACK, went with Monolith to WB.
Yeah that's kinda what I heard. Sucks.

Sober

NOLF is in an awkward limbo. Presumably the rights to the NOLF IP itself are buried somewhere at Acti (Fox Interactive was bought out by Vivendi Games which became the now-independent Acti-Blizz), but the subtitles, A Spy in HARM's Way and Contract JACK, went with Monolith to WB.
Is there a way to contact all the people who own all the different parts of the IP, so I can kick or punch them in the balls and just take it back from them?

JaseC

Finding cheap copies of Bulletstorm is proving to be an exercise in frustration. Everyone is either offline or AFK.

Is there a way to contact all the people who own all the different parts of the IP, so I can kick or punch them in the balls and just take it back from them?

If such a thing were possible I'd kick Ubi's balls for not putting Tintin and King Kong on Steam. :p

JaseC

Night Dive teased Grim Fandango last August but the photo has since been taken down so I'd assume it's not happening. :(

How's NOLF 2 by the way? For some reason I never played it, maybe I should track a copy of the game.

Is it at least about as good as the first one?

DocSeuss

Deus Ex: The Fall is a game that can be summed up in one line: "better than you anticipated based on the fact that it's a mobile up-res."

I had fun with it. It wasn't great--the writing lacked surprises, the maps were small, the FOV can't be changed, there's no jumping (or physics of any kind, so no reason to stack stuff)... but... I mean, it felt like Human Revolution with worse gunplay, an oddly-large UI, and smaller maps.

For the (lol steam cards) price, um, I had fun?

Bit optimistic of them to say that the story will continue, but I would absolutely say yes to a sequel that was developed for the PC first, so it had the FOV slider/jumping/stacking objects/larger maps back in.

Still hate HR's take on stealth. Of all the series to borrow from, Metal Gear Solid's literally the worst place to source your stealth mechanics.

It's being discussed.

How's NOLF 2 by the way? For some reason I never played it, maybe I should track a copy of the game.

NOLF2 has the tornado fight and the whack-a-mole and the tricycle chase... so NOLF2 is a better game than NOLF. They learned a lot.

It was a pretty old fashioned sequel in that they took the original game and actually added things to it... I'm not sure why that isn't done more these days.

Anyway, some things worked and others didn't quite click for me. It had a bit more stealth and backtracking which I wasn't a big fan of, but also its share of great and crazy moments.

So I'd say it is at least as good as the first, but maybe not as even.

Card Boy

Banned
I think i might buy Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock if its not on sale by the next megasale. Thing has never gone on sale besides the pre-order discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom