• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

So am I right in thinking you could get a G2A.com (whatever that is, but anyway...) gift voucher with the 10% off and use it to buy Dark Souls 2 at essentially 10% of $31.80? Because that seems like a decent deal.

Yea sounds like I'm missing something, is there something different about a ROW key that they can sell it for so cheap? If PayPal wasn't associated I would have assumed this is some shady key reseller.

Deques

So am I right in thinking you could get a G2A.com (whatever that is, but anyway...) gift voucher with the 10% off and use it to buy Dark Souls 2 at essentially 10% of $31.80? Because that seems like a decent deal.

Didn't see g2a.com. But wasn't g2a.com a shady key reseller? How did they partner with Paypal doing this sale?

Arthea

Happy birthday grief, let your DS2 be as glorious as you imagine!

I played about two hours with French and I like it a lot. If you're attempting to learn a language with this than you're out of luck. It's mainly a fun way to acquire some extra vocab by exploring your apartment full of items, so no grammer lessons or sentences. It's full of challenges and achievements to keep you motivated. For $10 I'd say it's a fun supplement to other language learning tools but you could easily replace this with Memrise or Duolingo.

Regarding the Japanese, there's a review on the steam page that seems negative about it. I would read that.

Thanks, will look for review you mentioned.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
everyones birthday is in march wtf? mine is this sunday lol

also, to quote jerry maguire... AND IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FREEEEEEEEEEEE
falling

I am officially off work for 2 weeks o/

Arthea

no steam cards with discount on paypal then. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

Card City Nights
I'm a bit late to this party, but it's simply impossible to play all games I want, too little time for that.

It's good little card game. And if you don't get booster packs from steam, there are plenty to be had there (><)
It's fun building decks to suit your playing style, it's fun to play a card game itself, a game is simple enough but has enough depth if you start to strategize combos. I haven't played it to the end yet. It's a perfect game to play in short sessions, as one card game is short.
As all cards games, it is dependant on how good your cards are and in what order you get them, but it feels somehow less dependant on luck than others, I'm not sure I know why, but that's how it feels.

everyones birthday is in march wtf? mine is this sunday lol

also, to quote jerry maguire... AND IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FREEEEEEEEEEEE
falling

I am officially off work for 2 weeks
o/
much envy
especially as I'm starting FFX HD this weekend (><)

Copons

Oh lol I've found the thread of the 100 millions Kickstarter Grief was talking about.

As I'm one of them, Grief I have to warn you: no one fucks with Shenmue fans! :D

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Happy bday Grief, nice to hear you had fun with the girl-friend. ;)

1cooG7r.jpg

Happy Birthday Grief!

Copons

As being kinda new to all this PC scene, I was wondering how do DirectX versions work with existing hardware.
I mean: it's just a software/driver updated targeted to (recent) GPUs too or we'll need to buy a new one?

I know we're still far away from DX12, but I was curious if, considering previous DXs courses of action, my 780 will get this kind of update.

aku:jiki

Bored at work and clicking around on Greenlight again...

You guys should help me upvote Hypership Out of Control 2; the first game is pretty rad.

Also, I believe I am now psychic since I asked about a Hero Quest remake yesterday and... Well, here it is: Dark Quest!

I will now use my new psychic powers to predict what games will be delisted and when. Only $50 per prediction, collectors!

Pachimari

Codemasters published operation flashpoint originally and own the name (and have made their own versions). Legal fun and games followed and the final switch to Arma.

Thanks! Very interesting.

I'm wondering, where is that Monalogue's ??? game on Steam? I can't seem to find it by searching or googling.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Odd I thought Eurogamer gave it 6/10? Well it and Edge gave it 2/10, but this is SteamGAF, we shine our Bad Rats badges with pride!

Edge gave one of my favourite games of the last few years, Dead Island, a 3/10. I'm not concerned about scores :)

I however don't think Yaiba is going to be a good game lol. It's annoying having to wait until the afternoon for the unlock though, bleh.

Arthea

I did big mistake, huge one.
In order to ride chocobo in Last Dream
the hunter is needed
, I could reroll, but I don't want to. Basically there is not much of choice of classes there, as for getting access to game features
3 classes are needed: hunter, engineer and thief, while white mage is needed too
Maybe later it will prove that other classes have some deeper meaning too, but so far it looks like no real choice situation.

Edge gave one of my favourite games of the last few years, Dead Island, a 3/10. I'm not concerned about scores :)

I however don't think Yaiba is going to be a good game lol. It's annoying having to wait until the afternoon for the unlock though, bleh.

If Yaiba is stupid fun as it seems, it's good enough for me with right price tag attached, of course, because now price is beyond ridiculous, especially if a game is as short as everybody claims.

So I read somewhere that if you mod FF7 on steam you can't do the achievements!

Is it for all the mods? I tried searching google and the steam guide sections but wasn't sure of anything!

Also, I've read that FF8 pretty much has botched sound and that a sound mod is a necessity for this. The same question is then obvious, do mods deactivate achievements?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I did big mistake, huge one.
In order to ride chocobo in Last Dream
the hunter is needed
, I could reroll, but I don't want to. Basically there is not much of choice of classes there, as for getting access to game features
3 classes are needed: hunter, engineer and thief, while white mage is needed too
Maybe later it will prove that other classes have some deeper meaning too, but so far it looks like no real choice situation.

If Yaiba is stupid fun as it seems, it's good enough for me with right price tag attached, of course, because now price is beyond ridiculous, especially if a game is as short as everybody claims.

Well £40, and that's WITH a 20% discount is obviously taking the fuckin piss. Glad I didn't pay that.

Tizoc

In my case I won't be able to install it until 8 hours from now and might not put much time in it today (Gotta split between Thief or 1FDP and LoL), but am I rather interested in the screenshots users can take at 1080p.
I wonder what Total Biscuit will say about this game...

_hekk05

Banned
Just finished the swapper. Its a great platformer with a distinct twist on gameplay. Had serious trouble in the last 2 rooms though. Spent like an hour for both.

The story though ...

vtusgo.gif

Pachimari

Weird, I thought I had posted this earlier in the thread but can't find the post.

Do any of you know where on Steam I can find the "Monologue's ???" game? I can't remember the title. It's a walking thriller kind of game talked about pages back in the thread.

Edit:
Just found my earlier post on this very same page. I must have gone blind with all those sales.

Jawmuncher

So I read somewhere that if you mod FF7 on steam you can't do the achievements!

Is it for all the mods? I tried searching google and the steam guide sections but wasn't sure of anything!

Also, I've read that FF8 pretty much has botched sound and that a sound mod is a necessity for this. The same question is then obvious, do mods deactivate achievements?

Not sure if that's true but you could always MOD and use Steam Achievement Manager on the achievements you know you unlocked.

Saddest news of the day.

From an interview NintendoLatino held with Collin van Ginkel, designer and one of the founders of Two Tribes:

Source (features the interview in both English and Spanish.)

D:
Quoting a few pages back, but yup this is very sad. Toki Tori 2 is my GOTY 2013. The first Toki Tori was quite fun too though not in the same league at all.

I don't even understand that sentence in the article. The puzzle mechanics are completely different.
The game had plenty of marketing related problems though, such as releasing the game on PC at the start of the Steam summer sale.

Arthea

Hmm, aren't there items that work like class abilities? Would be logical to have something like that.
BTW, with the Suikoden talk yesterday, what are your thoughts on Exit Fate?

Not that I encountered any. It would be logical, maybe later I'll get some, I wish I chose
a hunter instead of monk though, but I wanted the monk in my party :(

I never finished it, I know some people like this game very much, actually, it just something always interfere in my intentions to finish it (><)
I've played all Suikoden mainline games more then one time, though.

You know I wonder if all these mixed reactions to the SC will have an effect on a future biometric kit from Valve. Like if this hardware doesn't work out well, why would people trust them with another one? That is, if they're still planning on going down that route.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Odd I thought Eurogamer gave it 6/10? Well it and Edge gave it 2/10, but this is SteamGAF, we shine our Bad Rats badges with pride!
Guess I'm not a true SteamGAFfer then. I'm proud of the fact I don't own Bad Rats, and it's a title I decided to never get.

Arthea

Guess I'm not a true SteamGAFfer then. I'm proud of the fact I don't own Bad Rats, and it's a title I decided to never get.

That was not the point, I think. Do you really care about scores while picking your games?
As I keep reminding, we can't play scores, we play games that cater to our particular tastes, while reviews are written by humans that can have nothing in common with our understanding of fun. There is at least one human liking Bad Rats (review was a hit in many steamgaf threads).

edited: for the record, I don't have Bad Rats either

Jawmuncher

You guys are missing out on Bad Rats.
Neogaf badge of honor. Cheddahz gifted it to me......so bad I haven't gone online when I played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom