• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, this is a terrible way of hiding spoilers. At least have the decency of saying which game you're talking about :p

what other game would 'SL50' apply to? I wouldn't really consider it a spoiler anyway

EXCELLENT! That means GMG should have it up later today! I should be able to use the 25% code with it, plus drop it's price by at least $5.50 and I should be able to get it for under $40 >=3
OR I CAN WAIT TILL THEY OFFER A 30% DISCOUNT CODE, AND AFTER HAVING MORE GMG CREDIT, GET IT FOR $30 OR LESS!

needs more caps

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nice, I liked Dark Void (the third person shooter by these devs) and Quantum Conundrum was very much a product of Kim Swift so I have relatively high hopes for this.

Not interested in the game if I can't white knight one of its developers.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well, I did it... I ordered a 4GB R9 270X.

From some articles with very thorough tests I had read in my researching before, I determined that a 7970 was probably as far as I could upgrade before my CPU started bottlenecking things, maybe even dabbing a bit into being bottlenecked. So, for the performance and price, I think the R9 270X hits about the right spot. From what I've seen, this is hitting just a bit under the 7950, but jumping up to 7970 would be $100 more. No thanks.

I wont be upgrading this PC any more, it's gonna run till it dies or I build a whole new one. I made sure to get one with 3rd party cooling (my 5850 has the super loud stock fan, which is louder because it has been unstable/rumbling for months and I can't fix it) so at least the quiet will be an additional bonus. I also ordered a new CPU cooler while I was at it since this last one was a cheapo I got when I had no job and it suckssss.

This is not a dig at this thread at all, but getting on GAF has been very frustrating lately.

I feel like I am mainly just arguing against the ignorant, rather than participating in game discussion.

First two threads I jump into have people believing a Kickstarter project will cost $100 million, and the Steam controller is, 'stupid,' due to the lack of analog sticks.

ijTL1U5TMkfJ1.gif

No, it's the reason why I feel like avoiding review threads now.

sultanapex

Neo Member
Hi;

I prepare a site about Steam machines to list specs and to compare machines. I'm going to add machine photos and 3DMark score for CPU and GPU. Do you have recommendation about site? and comparison?

http://www.steammachs.com/

Any recommendations will be appreciated :)

Thanks...

mrgone

I am pretty sure something like this is almost required already. I believe DX 11.X is Windows 8 exclusive already, so I doubt that would go further back for DX 12.

It would go a long way to proving they actually gave a shit about actually growing the standard in a useful way if they abandoned that ridiculous policy and released DX12 for all of their supported operating systems (so, you know, developers might actually support the new features sometime before ape-caust). They probably won't, though. I really hate how two-faced Microsoft is about the whole gaming thing.

When I signed up they asked for your account username - do they mean the actual username you sign in with or the steam ID? Mine are different. They said they needed it to send requests so I assume it's the ID they're after?

That's pretty much where I aborted too :( I'm 99% sure they mean Steam ID as your login, your Steam name being the non-unique name that you can change whenever. With broader access to the back-end as devs they can probably add the game manually to your account with your ID. If you go back far enough Steam IDs are email addresses, though, which always makes things awkward. Plus it just feel weird giving someone your Steam login. Especially for beta access to a game that's been around for a couple of years already.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I'm gonna go ahead and blow the lid off this conversation by saying that, in Sweden, that game was called "nigger" from like the 60's or whatever all the way through the 90's. I'm not even kidding. That's what it was called when I was a school kid, everyone used the name and it was very popular.

wee-bey-gif.gif

bunk-the-wire.gif

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-21D0BA061BD1E4F9 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 35 entrants total.

t1395421931z1.png
Good luck!

Dolor

It would go a long way to proving they actually gave a shit about actually growing the standard in a useful way if they abandoned that ridiculous policy and released DX12 for all of their supported operating systems (so, you know, developers might actually support the new features sometime before ape-caust). They probably won't, though. I really hate how two-faced Microsoft is about the whole gaming thing.

I'm the guy that wrote the Consumer Case for SteamOS OT and one of the reasons I wrote about was because of this locking of API improvements behind OS paywalls, so I'm definitely not defending it. Just saying it's likely inevitable.

Arthea

I put over 22 hours in Assassin's Creed 2, and I only enjoyed it for less than half that time. So yeah, there's no correlation between time spent in a game and enjoyment gotten out of it.

your patience is way greater than mine! Well, that's a lie, I did finish couple of games I didn't enjoy, and I've spent much more time in them than that.
isn't AssCreed 2 considered the best of them Asses?

Anteater

Yea my 760gtx had a lot of stuttering with arkham city too in the open world with dx11 features turned on. I had to turn it off, was kind of a bummer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wonder if my shitty little town in my backwards little country will actually have Infamous in stores on release date (as in today), only one way to find out I guess.

also...err...steam is cool and shit?
dat off topic, Im sorry

So am I right in thinking you could get a G2A.com (whatever that is, but anyway...) gift voucher with the 10% off and use it to buy Dark Souls 2 at essentially 10% of $31.80? Because that seems like a decent deal.

Were you right? I'm tempted to buy a key at that price and hold it and if it turns out the game is just the console downgrade garbage, I can try to resell it.

The_Monk

wonder if my shitty little town in my backwards little country will actually have Infamous in stores on release date (as in today), only one way to find out I guess.

dat off topic, Im sorry

Don't know which city is that but in here they have been selling inFAMOUS in most retails stores since yesterday in the early morning. Come on, we have nice things too! :(

*music stuff*

I really like the car troubles track. I don't dislike any of them but don't have any firm thoughts on the others but I do have a comment on car troubles. The last quarter sounds wrong to me. I think it's because I'm expecting a particular note which doesn't come so it sounds odd/different to what I was expecting after listening to the first three quarters of the track. Does that make sense? I'm sorry but I do not have the musical expertise to express it any better than that. Perhaps that was the effect you were going for? If so then mission accomplished I guess? :)

dat off topic, Im sorry

So you should be! Go to the corner naughty little Junior and think about what you've done! :mad:

Oh, you've been de-Juniored! Nice :D.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Don't know which city is that but in here they have been selling inFAMOUS in most retails stores since yesterday in the early morning. Come on, we have nice things too! :(

thats cause youre in Lisbon and not down south >_> Ill check the local Jumbo later I guess, I need to dust off my PS4 (I dont mean that in any anti console, lets start a flame war way, I mean it in the most literal sense possible, the thing is dusty as shit for lack of use, its just a fact)

Oh, you've been de-Juniored! Nice :D.

oh I didnt notice, cool. No idea what it means (I can make topics I guess?) lol

Copons

Also, thank you a lot people for the music impressions. I was busy working on some more today, so back here for ele'o feedback. For those who don't know, I'm not really a composer, but doing it for an RPG Maker Horror game I am currently going to try and get through Steam Greenlight somewhere in the future. Music is a trickier part for me, as I am not used to composing, but prancing and feedback is needed. I'm soon going to move this type of talk to the game dev topic, but as this helped inspired it and Greenlight is a secondary goal, asking here first, and the input has been wonderful.

I'm sorry to hook on your post like this, but as I've a RPGM game draft lying around since always (like, since Geocities was a thing :D ), I was curious about what is now the best course of action regarding both quality resources (mostly free if possible) and tutorials (to get back on track).

EDIT:
(travelling is getting so expensive, it's sad).

Holycrap indeed, when I was planning my last week trip I thought of Lisbon but apparently low cost flights from Rome aren't that low at all... (or maybe it's just me that I'm spoiled with PC gaming prices. also this led me to think that I kinda dig a Humble Easyjet Bundle, like, right now plz :D )

The_Monk

thats cause youre in Lisbon and not down south >_>

Margem-Sul do Tejo in here, not Lisbon. But I did went to Lisbon last week for the Sucker Punch Event (travelling is getting so expensive, it's sad).

Anyway, good luck finding a copy. ;)

---

On the Steam-topic, I really hope Dark Souls II to look as good as the first one with the DsFix. I'm not going to focus my energy on the negative side so here's hoping for the best. If all else fails, well... my hype has not vanished. Also, I might only get to play that game on early May so there's still a long time to wait... but I need it so bad.

Pachimari

Are there any relaxing games where you're not supposed to defend anything, or attack anyone or shoot or fight?

I'm in the mood for just walking around minding my own business. I got MineCraft, The Sims 3 and likes and I'm looking for something in the cheaper end of the scale.

On the Steam-topic, I really hope Dark Souls II to look as good as the first one with the DsFix. I'm not going to focus my energy on the negative side so here's hoping for the best. If all else fails, well... my hype has not vanished. Also, I might only get to play that game on early May so there's still a long time to wait... but I need it so bad.
I don't get hyped anymore, even though I know the game would be great, I don't know why.

FloatOn

Made some great progress in dark souls 2 yesterday. Why is this on the steam thread instead of the OT you ask?

1) I <3 everyone here
2) the graphics downgrade isn't nearly as insufferable as the long ass load times on ps3... I can't wait to cut these times down by at least half when I get the PC version.

I have a very good suggestion for those who felt overwhelmed by Faster Than Light and gave up at some point because you thought it was unfair or hard to play.

The list of tips and tricks in this Steam Forum thread adds several layers of depth and strategy to an already complex and satisfying game.

I was already having fun but after reading all that stuff I'm now enjoying it a lot more than before. I mean, I didn't know there were advantages to exploring nebulas, the rewards of invading enemy ships, how timing your weapon charges and shots is crucial during the most intense fights, opening hatches during invasions. . . .I mean, holy shit, this game is deep.

I love it when someone sees the light! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

oh I didnt notice, cool. No idea what it means (I can make topics I guess?) lol

It means you can be banned without it being an automatic perma-ban :p.

Are there any relaxing games where you're not supposed to defend anything, or attack anyone or shoot or fight?

I'm in the mood for just walking around minding my own business. I got MineCraft, The Sims 3 and likes and I'm looking for something in the cheaper end of the scale.

Dear Esther?
The 39 Steps?

Kuroyume

Banned
A hornet simulator would be more awesome than anything. Not only would you have flying but people are scared of those things so it would make for some awesome AI animations. Same with something like a tarantula simulator. Maybee you could make your own web traps.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I know a lot of people here liked Gone Home, which seems to fit the bill.

You might also want to look at Universe Sandbox, Zen Bound 2, or Toki Tori.

The_Monk

I don't get hyped anymore, even though I know the game would be great, I don't know why.

I'm trying to avoid all these videos and so on but the "new" feeling is wearing off fast. Oh well!

Made some great progress in dark souls 2 yesterday. Why is this on the steam thread instead of the OT you ask?

1) I <3 everyone here

HMM, I'm going to let that pass only because of reason 1) and because you are a good person. Oh and because I want to play that, too...

Dear Esther?
The 39 Steps?

Perhaps Gone Home?

EDIT: Shackle'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom