• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoja

Comments on LYNE?

Very relaxing, pretty simple puzzle game. Worth it's price imo. A ton of puzzles, they arrange them in sets, a - z, each with 25 puzzles, so 650 total (not counting infinite, random daily puzzles), but you don't have access to them all at once, you'll unlock new sets when you complete earlier ones. It gives the game a nice segmented pace. I can see it getting a bit repetitious since really there isn't very much you can do with the core principles unless they just continue to expand the grid size or increase the "intersection" nodes, but even if ended up not liking it, for the current price it's not much risk.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Are there any relaxing games where you're not supposed to defend anything, or attack anyone or shoot or fight?

I'm in the mood for just walking around minding my own business. I got MineCraft, The Sims 3 and likes and I'm looking for something in the cheaper end of the scale.

Proteus, Stanley Parable, and Antichamber are three different first person not-shooters that I'd highly recommend. Proteus is the shortest and has the least clear goal but there is one, unlike Dear Esther which is more about hearing a story while taking a walk. Stanley Parable is a bit more like Dear Esther in that the main draw is the writing but you get to make some choices in what you do. Antichamber is a great first person puzzle game that likes to disregard the normal laws of physics.

yuraya

ZealousAjarArctichare.gif

xMnzJ24.jpg

hehe had to make a gif because it reminded me a lot of that pic. I actually like it. If the price is right and it makes its way to steam I might just pick it up ;)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Very relaxing, pretty simple puzzle game. Worth it's price imo. A ton of puzzles, they arrange them in sets, a - z, each with 25 puzzles, so 650 total (not counting infinite, random daily puzzles), but you don't have access to them all at once, you'll unlock new sets when you complete earlier ones. It gives the game a nice segmented pace. I can see it getting a bit repetitious since really there isn't very much you can do with the core principles unless they just continue to expand the grid size or increase the "intersection" nodes, but even if ended up not liking it, for the current price it's not much risk.

Thanks.

MUnited83

For you.
Suck about the region lock of Murdered: Soul Suspect. Would definitely pick up a 20$ copy from Russians otherwise. At 45€ euros, I will just wait. It's a Square Enix game so it's guaranteed to hit 5$ 6 months after release.

Relax.MX

Sarcasm kept telling me to play the first one, but I didn't want to go through the trouble of installing gfwl on my win8 pc.

GFWL? well..shit, this is one of those games that is worth a bad time(we are PC Master Race sometimes we had bad times to make a ideal PC experience), Batman was another, Bulletstorm, etc.. Play the first one, is cheaper, and is great. And / or maybe is not the game for you.

But why you want to skip the first one? I can not find a logical reason XO
Since the second game is only one month away, I don't want to play similar games for fear that would diminish my enjoyment of said game. I usually arrange my "to play list", and break up similar genre/games.

Grief.exe

Is the first Dark Souls story heavy? I'm thinking about jumping straight to DS2, will I miss out much?

It is very story heavy, but only if you start digging into the lore.

I have a feeling you could easily jump into the second game though, it is set hundreds of years after the first one and loosely connected. Just watch the intro video for DSI and then play the sequel, go back to the original after GFWL is removed.

Guess this is the most relevant active thread to ask this.

I'm about to play The Witcher 2 for the first time, would you recommend playing the game as is or starting with Full Combat Rebalance mod which was made by someone at CD Projekt Red even though its not official ?

I'm about to play The Witcher 2 for the first time, would you recommend playing the game as is or starting with Full Combat Rebalance mod which was made by someone at CD Projekt Red even though its not official ?
I wasn't feeling the combat until I started using the mod about 6 or so hours into the game. I would say to use it, for sure. Without it I almost gave up on the game, actually.

It is very story heavy, but only if you start digging into the lore.

I have a feeling you could easily jump into the second game though, it is set hundreds of years after the first one and loosely connected. Just watch the intro video for DSI and then play the sequel, go back to the original after GFWL is removed.
Good idea! It would be very lazy for FROM if they left the game at the state of still needing DSfix after they've removed GFWL.

Can't you install the mod mid-game?

Wok

Cart Life is not on Steam anymore.

I should have bought many copies. Pat & Mat is still there.

Traders are already lurking:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/233390/discussions/0/540736781045338533/

Edit: Sorry, I did not see the news yesterday.

The Cart Life dev has pulled the game from Steam and opened sourced it on his website, which is currently down due to traffic overload. It's http://www.richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/ if you want to bookmark it, but maybe refrain from hitting it right now.

Sorry if this is old. I searched and didn't find anything. It looks like it launched on Steam on March 18, 2013, so maybe its anniversary is part of it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
GFWL? well..shit, this is one of those games that is worth a bad time(we are PC Master Race sometimes we had bad times to make a ideal PC experience), Batman was another, Bulletstorm, etc.. Play the first one, is cheaper, and is great. And / or maybe is not the game for you.
If I could go back in time and stop Yahtzee from ever using the phrase "master race" in one of his videos I would.

I downloaded the PSN app for android and thought it was so much better than the Steam app.

I basically use it for checking and comparing trophies though. Valve hasn't updated the Steam app since they released it right?

Nabs

I downloaded the PSN app for android and thought it was so much better than the Steam app.

I basically use it for checking and comparing trophies though. Valve hasn't updated the Steam app since they released it right?

They updated the IOS app recently.

aku:jiki

Are there any relaxing games where you're not supposed to defend anything, or attack anyone or shoot or fight?

I'm in the mood for just walking around minding my own business. I got MineCraft, The Sims 3 and likes and I'm looking for something in the cheaper end of the scale.
As an alternate suggestion; I got Proteus in the Brandon Boyer bundle and it's pretty much exactly that. You walk around a randomly generated world and when you walk past flowers or creatures they sing and make the music around you. Sometimes stuff happens. I found a group of fireflies that threw me back in time and everything on the island changed, then I chased a diamond frog until he ran off into the ocean.

It's not something I thought I'd ever recommend to anyone since there is no game there, but it seems to be what you're looking for.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
wonder if my shitty little town in my backwards little country will actually have Infamous in stores on release date (as in today), only one way to find out I guess.

also...err...steam is cool and shit?
dat off topic, Im sorry

Illegal Drugs are not a criminal offense in Portugal. You can experience the powers without a PS4.

Use an importer to locate the game?

..umm don't use drugs?

Good idea! It would be very lazy for FROM if they left the game at the state of still needing DSfix after they've removed GFWL.

Can't you install the mod mid-game?

I probably could, I was just asking to see if it an overall better combat system or just down to personal preference.

I guess I could play a little with both and see which one I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom