• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Downtime is all too common lately - would be handy if they had some means by which to communicate updates, e.g. a simple tweet to indicate 'unscheduled maintenance, back online in ~15 minutes', or something like that.

Valve: the only firm able to get away with operating like Ma & Pa's small corner store, despite having millions of customers.

Anybody else using GMG/Playfire rewards program? It's where you get money for new achievements linked to your steam account... games that I would otherwise never install and play indefinitely. It's been steady show for titles that I own for a hoarder like myself. So far I've got about $13 worth of credit out of it. Goal is to drive down DS2 $40 to $20 near launch date.

They regularly post new rewards every weekday at http://blog.playfire.com/ though they have a time limits for their games.

KarmaCow

Anybody else using GMG/Playfire rewards program? It's where you get money for new achievements linked to your steam account... games that I would otherwise never install and play indefinitely. It's been steady show for titles that I own for a hoarder like myself. So far I've got about $13 worth of credit out of it. Goal is to drive down DS2 to $20 near launch date.

They regularly post new rewards every weekday at http://blog.playfire.com/ though they have a time limits for their games.

I would but they haven't transferred over the credit to my GMG account and haven't responded to the support ticket in over a week.

derExperte

So the BTA for Indie Royale is the soundtrack for Aqua Kitty but the bundle does not contain the game...
Logic?

Bonus game? Would be cool, Aqua Kitty was a nice surprise for me. Or it's just because they could get the Soundtrack and it fits the water theme of the bundle.

I would but they haven't transferred over the credit to my GMG account and haven't responded to the support ticket in over a week.
I'm definitely experiencing the same thing. It's a slow process of getting credit, maybe about a 3-4 day delay for me. They had a server overload this week and disabled cheevo-sync, but they extended the deadlines for some of them. I'm starting to think that it's better to plan purchases a month or so in advance. Fortunately DS2 still more than a month away.

Anteater

Episodes from liberty city is cool, liking it better than the main game, seems to play better if I'm not imagining it, for both shooting and driving, might've been the bike, and it has checkpoints.

Well it seems that Steam is up again!

No angry letters/death threats to Gaben will be sent from members of this thread today then.
tumblr_murxmhbLhJ1ruoz9wo7_r3_500.gif

ArjanN

Crossposting some of my Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z impressions from the OT:

I've played a couple of levels of the PC version, it's kind of a sloppy brawler, but also pretty fun. These reviews were WAY too harsh.

It really is pretty similar to the Deadpool game by High Moon in a lot of ways: 60FPS, goofy tone that works about half the time, surprising amount of mechanics but none of them super polished, etc.

It also seems similar to that game in that you want to start on a lower difficulty to unlock the upgrades and abilities as they carry over and the harder difficulties will chew you up without them.

Full disclosure: I got the game from a trader for like 20 bucks. But really this game doesn't seem any worse than something like that Deadpool game or Ninja Blade.

DDoS attacks maybe?

Pretty sure they're just having trouble keeping up with the ever expanding userbase.

mrgone

So Bulletstorm was removed because Epic couldn't bear the thought of taking anyone else's money until they released a fully GFWL-free version, right? Right?

RIGHT?

I've played a couple of levels of the PC version, it's kind of a sloppy brawler, but also pretty fun. These reviews were WAY too harsh.

It really is pretty similar to the Deadpool game by High Moon in a lot of ways: 60FPS, goofy tone that works about half the time, surprising amount of mechanics but none of them super polished, etc.

It also seems similar to that game in that you want to start on a lower difficulty to unlock the upgrades and abilities as they carry over and the harder difficulties will chew you up without them.

Full disclosure: I got the game from a trader for like 20 bucks. But really this game doesn't seem any worse than something like that Deadpool game or Ninja Blade.

Pretty sure they're just having trouble keeping up with the ever expanding userbase.

I hope that bro, if that's the case, then they need to upgrade their servers!

Does anyone know if that Top Gun game and Star Trek DAC can still be registered on Steam? I saw cheap copies of both at a local store and thought about checking them out.

Lunaniem

Sounds good enough since I enjoyed Deadpool a bit, I'll probably buy it sometime later this year assuming it goes on sale.

Colin.

Ended up getting NBA 2K14 yesterday. Have never bought any of the previous games, but I like messing about with sports games from time to time. Plus it was cheap. And I'm terrible at it! Going to take me a while to get used to this I reckon.

I have at least one more coupon to get it from Amazon for $5. So if you too want to give it a go on the cheap, PM me and we can work something out.

Chronoja

Does anyone know if that Top Gun game and Star Trek DAC can still be registered on Steam? I saw cheap copies of both at a local store and thought about checking them out.

Top Gun: No, if I recall correctly it tries to install an old version of steam but crashes or freezes doing so.

Star Trek DAC: Yes, retail keys redeem no problem

Sounds good enough since I enjoyed Deadpool a bit, I'll probably buy it sometime later this year assuming it goes on sale.

I'm having a lot of fun with it myself.

It's not something super technical, but I don't know that I'd call it "sloppy". It's kind of like a musou meets action game. It feels like there's more challenge and more skill involved than I've experienced in a musou. But because of the trash mobs (nature of zombies!) the game isn't about the preciseness you'd need in a normal Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, MGR:R, etc.

It's got a LOT of variety in terms of how you can play since there are 3 combat buttons and you can use the dash button as a modifier too. And there's something pretty awesome about chaining executions.

And if you start playing on hard? It can be easy to get into situations where you get wrecked. So the challenge is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom