• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Epic should finally port Shadow Complex to the PC to apologise for Bulletstorm going the way of the dodo.

Fuck Shadow Complex, just sort out Bulletstorm please Epic you lazy bastards.

Also surprised at the new Strider game hate, really enjoyed that.

I'm positive once x360 XBLA/Games on Demand goes the way of the dodo (soonish, I think, since XBONE isn't compatible with x360 apps), we'll see a whole new wave of Steam ports.

//EDIT

Creeper World 3 Steam keys available for previous buyers
Game was in IndieFort Spring Bundle 2014 (the one with Paper Sorcerer pricing mistake)

Thanks!

Take the key from your gamersgate account and insert it here to skip that page entirely:

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/steamkeys.php

Viola!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm one cent short of being able to buy the last key I need to pre-order the Age of Wonders 3 DDE [with card money].

Success!

aow33hzjy.jpg

Knurek

I just finished Paper Sorcerer. Best five bucks I've ever spent on Steam.
(...)
Wizardry hasn't been truly relevant for about 20 years, so the lack of trash mobs probably comes off as alien to a lot of people.

Yeah, this will probably murder people used to jRPG, which are usually 100% trash mobs.

If you like Chunsoft roguelikes (the Mystery Dungeon series) you'll probably like it quite a bit - it's very much like one of those with the addition of forced scrolling to keep you moving forward. It's really neat.
Thanks to you and all the others that answered xD
I'll wait as suggested, seems he knows something more than I do

JaseC

Nice pick up. I'm pretty keen on the game, hope it turns out well.

I watched a preview video on YouTube a week or two ago and thought it seemed interesting. I might give it a whirl instead of just idling for cards.

aku:jiki

So they finally lifted my protection period (it's supposed to be 15 days but they saddled me with 65 for whatever reason) and I got kinda stupid with card crafting because I'd wanted to try it for so long. Ended up with a boatload of coupons I won't use before they expire. Expiration dates are April 8th and 9th and just PM me if you want any of them:

140 - 50%
Aerena - 50%
Alan Wake - 50%
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection - 66%
Awesomenauts - 66%
Avencast - 75%
Bleed - 50%
Costume Quest - 75%
Draw a Stickman: EPIC - 33%
Gas Guzzlers Extreme - 50%
Greed: Black Border - 50%
Jack Orlando: Director's Cut - 75%
Limbo - 50%
Magicka - 50%
Nikopol - 75%
No Time to Explain - 50%
No Time to Explain - 50%
Obulis - 90%
Portal 2 - 75%
Postal 2: Complete - 66%
Psychonauts - 33%
Psychonauts - 50%
Psychonauts - 75%
Psychonauts - 75%
Retro City Rampage - 66%
Serious Sam 2 - 90%
Surgeon Simulator 2013 - 25%
Titan Attacks - 75%

(Yeah, I used the good ones for myself... Like €50 in savings!)

Copons

From the comments made by OR staff, it's going to be business as usual after the acquisition. Of courswz with significantly more backing than before.

I still have a difficult time believing that they wont have to bend to corporate interests at one point, as Facebook's model is much different from the Rift. I am starting to leqn towards optimistic.

Being less drowsy than yesterday night I gave a little more thought about it and I realized I had the same worries about Instagram and Whatsapp.
But AFAIK (or better: as far as I'm aware of, using those apps) they remained the same. As in, I don't see a "Login with FB" button to get in Whatsapp, or something like that.
In fact, I kinda hoped the FB aquisition would lead to some much appreciated (by me, having a crappy old smartphone) features like full fledged browser clients, but nothing like that happened, them being sort of "untrue" to both Instagram and Whatsapp natures and philosophies.

But then again, Instagram and Whatsapp were acquired mostly for their userbase (and, as Stumpo said, for their innovation value that FB so much needs nowadays), while Oculus is a very different case, somewhat new and hard to get a true grasp on it, so no one really knows what will happen in the long run. :(

Sendou

It's going down... But what exactly is this?

Links to:

1972248_84346634566938gkgl.jpg

"The release date! The Goddess wanted to show you guys this, but she's not so good with image editors yet."

It's going down... But what exactly is this?

Links to:

1972248_84346634566938gkgl.jpg

"The release date! The Goddess wanted to show you guys this, but she's not so good with image editors yet."

Could it be a port of the sequel?

There might be a sequel but I can't remember if anyone was localizing it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Escape Goat 2 thanks to Toddhunter's Steam review. And that was a good idea, because the game rocks! I'm digging the art style, music is great, and the puzzles are fun. So far they weren't very difficult, but I'm fine with that because it makes me feel smart, as opposed to Fez where I feel like a big stupid.

Edit: It would appear that Sega is working on patching out GameSpy from the earlier Dawn of War games.

I can't believe I'd see the day that SEGA, a console publisher/ex-maker would be doing more good for PC games than Epic fucking games, one of the OG pc-centric devs.

That and iD software being a walking dead studio.

I bought Escape Goat 2 thanks to Toddhunter's Steam review. And that was a good idea, because the game rocks! I'm digging the art style, music is great, and the puzzles are fun. So far they weren't very difficult, but I'm fine with that because it makes me feel smart, as opposed to Fez where I feel like a big stupid.

Really glad you like it. I'm very much the same with the puzzles, it is nice to put a little bit of thought into it and actually solve it, rather than just following a guide and still having no idea what you are supposed to be doing. A good tips is, if what you are doing seems really hard to do, you are doing it wrong (so stop and try something else).

Having said that I did get stuck on level 9-8 and needed help :) That was about it (I'm on the final level now)

Knurek

Make sure to play the first game as well. No interconnected map and 8-bit pixel art compared to the second game, but it's good nevertheless.

Asked a few pages ago but no response, is Bioshock Infinite making anyone else's computer run much hotter than any other game? I assume not given said lack of response but figured I'd try again. Performance has gone from a steady 60 at launch to 60 with weird drops to 30.

JaseC

I can't believe I'd see the day that SEGA, a console publisher/ex-maker would be doing more good for PC games than Epic fucking games, one of the OG pc-centric devs.

That and iD software being a walking dead studio.

But Epic has Fortnite!

Knurek

Asked a few pages ago but no response, is Bioshock Infinite making anyone else's computer run much hotter than any other game? I assume not given said lack of response but figured I'd try again. Performance has gone from a steady 60 at launch to 60 with weird drops to 30.

Tried forcing 30fps cap?
If a game makes your GPU cry, most probably you have somehow unlocked framerate.

Hasney

Could it be a port of the sequel?

There might be a sequel but I can't remember if anyone was localizing it.

They did announce the sequel would be coming to our shores, so hopefully that's what it is.

Hype levels through the roof and firing out of me peepee.

Tried forcing 30fps cap?
If a game makes your GPU cry, most probably you have somehow unlocked framerate.

I ran it at 60 FPS at launch though without issues aside from the stuttering. Would suck to have to cap it now. Suppose I could try using vsync through the nvidia control panel instead of in-game

I haven't played it for a while, but when I did play it it ran about as hot as most AAA games do on my machine, so I can't say that it does, perhaps something is causing it to glitch out? Have you changed/installed anything that might impact it's performance recently?

Is it just Bioshock Infinite?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Really glad you like it. I'm very much the same with the puzzles, it is nice to put a little bit of thought into it and actually solve it, rather than just following a guide and still having no idea what you are supposed to be doing. A good tips is, if what you are doing seems really hard to do, you are doing it wrong (so stop and try something else).

Having said that I did get stuck on level 9-8 and needed help :) That was about it (I'm on the final level now)
Yeah, all of the puzzles I've played had a logical solution. After several tries I always managed to find it, and it feels good. Usually the simplest way is the right one.

Haven't got that far yet, so I can't help you :p I finished all 1-X levels and I'm now moving to 2-X. I also got to 8-5 (I think) when it comes to regular levels.

Make sure to play the first game as well. No interconnected map and 8-bit pixel art compared to the second game, but it's good nevertheless.
Oh I will. It was on my wishlist I think, but never got around to buying it. Now that I know the sequel is so good I'm totally going to grab it.

Haven't got that far yet, so I can't help you :p I finished all 1-X levels and I'm now moving to 2-X. I also got to 8-5 (I think) when it comes to regular levels.

I just finished all the main levels, so I'm feeling pretty good. Apparently there are hidden levels, but I have no idea how to unlock them yet. 9-4 and 9-8 are the problem levels, so hopefully you work them out easier than I did.

JaseC

Not being able to load one's badge page is the most annoying Steam-related bug I've ever encountered. Even the client just redirects me back to my profile page.

adaen

Not being able to load one's badge page is the most annoying Steam-related bug I've ever encountered. Even the client just redirects me back to my profile page.

Yeah, that one is pretty annoying. Opening 15-20 tabs with the badge page at once usually works for me though. 1 or 2 tabs will load the actual page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom