• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried System Shock 2 by chance?

I played both Bioshock 2 and Infinite for the first time last year, enjoyed the former while not liking the latter. Need to replay the first game at one point, haven't played it in years
I never expected to like Bioshock 2 more than Infinite before the game released, but I have the same opinion as you, Bioshock 2 is more enjoyable than Infinite, at least a gameplay level.

Bioshock 2 rebalanced some things in Bioshock 1(5 medkits max now instead of 9) and gave you the ability to dual wield plasmids and weapons and the buffs you can apply to your character felt like they had a bigger impact on what playstyle you chose.

But Infinite just removed so much, it's kinda crazy.
No medpacks, no carrying more than 2 weapons at a time, it was so weird.

But apparently the DLC adds in the ability to carry multiple weapons like the first two games, so I may have to get the DLC and see how it is(Same goes for Bioshock 2, I've heard SOOO many good things about Minerva's Den)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
old? Pressure, which is in the latest indieroyale bundle, got cards

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Fuckkkk getting past the first stage with no hits isn't too hard for Shiva in Arkham Origins, but then there is a second half of the fight. I wish I was better at the blade dodge.

def sim

BioShock 2 is the better game of the two. It's disappointing to hear Levine and his team didn't take anything from it. :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
@corrosivefist- My Steam id is tizoc789

Does Cloudbuilt support Controllers yet?

From the little I've read controller support is low down the list as it'd necessitate a UI overhaul. The devs said controller support is planned because they'd like to port PE to consoles and so I wouldn't expect work on a controller-friendly UI to begin in earnest until the game is nearing content completion.

Edit: Oh, it's like that, is it? :(

Divius

gdi I still cant play Deadly Premonition

after all the crashes now for some reason I get 5 fps which is unplayable obviously

Parsnip

I like good games just fine. But remember, good is subjective.
And I'm definitely not Derrick. I just have opinions that doesn't coincide with the masses at times and I'm not afraid to voice them. :p

As for Shadow Complex, It was okay, but I don't think it deserves half the hype people gave to it. It's been a long time since I played it and I honestly don't remember a lot, other than some negatives. After being super hyped for it... and then feeling like something was just off... I recall thinking "I'm going to finish out the achievement list and be done with this.". And I did just that. However, it's worth noting that while I sort of compare Strider to in in terms of look/feel, it did a lot of things better than Strider overall.

For me the best part of Shadow Complex, aside from being an excellent game of course (and that alternate joke ending), was that it brought that style of game back to home consoles. And then almost no one followed the great example for a good long while.

def sim

gdi I still cant play Deadly Premonition

after all the crashes now for some reason I get 5 fps which is unplayable obviously

I was so excited to play it. I can't believe how much they bungled up the port.

Anyway, have you tried doing a cold boot? That always fixed whatever issues that game had, for a brief time, IIRC.

HoosTrax

They still haven't added any input options? I thought it was just something they were going to add soon when it came out in Early Access last year.
Nope, no input options. One would almost think that Mercenary Kings was still in Early Access, with how bare the settings menu is.

mrgone

It doesn't. You need a Kepler GPU for streaming.

And it just got even more useless

edit: wait, what? Why would you need.. Oh! All the 600 series and up are Kepler-based. Back to my previous statment. The new Tegras are too, which was where the moment of confusion came in :p

JaseC

Is there any chance of Second Sight returning to steam?

That ball is in Crytek's court as the IP is owned by Free Radical (now Crytek UK). You could try asking Crytek if there are any such plans. I'd do it myself but publishers tend to ignore me.

I just finished Paper Sorcerer. Best five bucks I've ever spent on Steam.

20+ hours of really brutal Wizardy-esque battles. I can't comprehend finishing some of them on the higher difficulties.

There are some really cool creative flourishes, like the energy system that replaces mana. You regenerate one point each turn, and some characters have abilities that let them spend an action to get a larger amount of points.

The defense system is where it gets into love it or hate it territory. You start each battle with a full defense pool which depletes with each physical hit. Once it his zero you're incredibly frail, maybe too much so. I personally loved this because it adds a whole new layer to planning your turns, but it is the main reason battles last as long as they do. Wizardry hasn't been truly relevant for about 20 years, so the lack of trash mobs probably comes off as alien to a lot of people.

I was slogging through Shadowrun Returns' boring campaign and picked this up on a whim. I ended up going right through it, not playing anything else. Except for a few particularly shitty encounters, it was really nice to look forward to RPG battles instead of dreading them. I can't believe stuff like this and Might & Magic X exists today.

Are there any huge bugs or balancing problems that are worth waiting for a future patch before playing? Also price notwithstanding, if you've played Might and Magic X which do you prefer?

Souls takes precedence over everything.

I think telling my wife we need to put off moving and having kids might be more difficult than dark souls

Fuckkkk getting past the first stage with no hits isn't too hard for Shiva in Arkham Origins, but then there is a second half of the fight. I wish I was better at the blade dodge.

I'm not sure I ever 'learned' how to Blade Dodge, just basically spammed the move when the 'signal' happened. Worked pretty well actually. Probably not 100% to no hit though.

ss_lemonade

It doesn't. You need a Kepler GPU for streaming.
You do need nvidia hardware to officially stream but there are other ways to do it for those without geforce gpus using 3rd party apps like splashtop thd and kainy (which I think got shield controller support recently).

Lunaniem

Nope, no input options. One would almost think that Mercenary Kings was still in Early Access, with how bare the settings menu is.

They still haven't removed that awful Kickstarter achievement as well apparently.

What were they doing the whole time?

That ball is in Crytek's court as the IP is owned by Free Radical (now Crytek UK). You could try asking Crytek if there are any such plans. I'd do it myself but publishers tend to ignore me.
I'm actually quite interested in Second Sight as well, so I figured why not send them an e-mail.

Hopefully they respond with some information, that'd be nice.

For me the best part of Shadow Complex, aside from being an excellent game of course (and that alternate joke ending), was that it brought that style of game back to home consoles. And then almost no one followed the great example for a good long while.

That's true. There haven't been a lot of metroidvania type games in the console space as of late... I can't even really name many either.

The last truly excellent one, and one of the best I've ever played, is probably Guacamelee.

MUnited83

For you.

Just sent them a email. Hope they reply.

To think I skipped on it when it was on sale and it got removed shortly after
;_;

I got a reply from Steam support on my average game completion rate being glitched.

NjAvfz3.png

At least they realise it's not my internet connection that's causing the problem.

JaseC

I'm actually quite interested in Second Sight as well, so I figured why not send them an e-mail.

Hopefully they respond with some information, that'd be nice.
Just sent them a email. Hope they reply.

To think I skipped on it when it was on sale and it got removed shortly after
;_;

Despite what I said just before, I also sent an e-mail. If you two get a response but I don't, I'll laugh. Then cry.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Took me the better part of an hour to get it, but soooooo worth it. I feel like I am actually a whole tier better at the combat in the game now:

damngood2gtfen.png

I wonder if the issue is effecting more people.
It is, a few of my steam friends also have it happened to them, and I started a topic on the SPUF about it a while ago and got quite a few people saying that it glitched up on them as well.

Hopefully the fix comes soon.

Eatchildren put up some impressions. Yes, it really seemed that bad. Wonder if I can find the post..

Thanks, I found his review on Steam.

It's just meh. It's iOS origins shows and is really only for people who need some more Deus Ex really bad. You're still better off reading the book though.

I didn't know there was a book.

Hd port of an ios game..what do you think?

I had hopes it could be a decent game at least.

JaseC

Twisted Pixel has been toiling away at a patch for Ms. Splosion Man for over two weeks now. If it's to remove GFWL -- which is surely the case as it's the game's first update in over four months -- then the act bodes well for Microsoft's other GFWL titles... including those not presently on Steam.

Hd port of an ios game..what do you think?
"HD"

Is Deus Ex: The Fall really bad? All reviews on Steam are negative.
Tiny areas, the ability to purchase any item you want at any time, fairly limited options for how to complete levels, and the shooting... Oh god the shooting. Instead of recoil, the fov suddenly zooms out for a second.

Finally, the tutorial is simply criminal. Whenever it wants you to do something, it doesn't let you do anything else? Learning how to sneak? You're forced to crouch until the section is over. Shit like that. It also doesn't let you do anything until the tutorial has specifically told you to do it. Finally it does something that would make most Deus Ex fans hang themselves.
At the end of the tutorial you have a choice between killing a guy or letting him live. However no matter what you choose, he gets shot. As far as I can tell this choice has no impact on the rest of your game. It's just there to pretend that they're giving you a choice, even though they're not.

UnrealEck

Steam store was down for a while there and now that it's back, it seems really fast to load. Pages seem to load almost instantly for me. Maybe it's just server load is low because it's just came back online.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Twisted Pixel has been toiling away at a patch for Ms. Splosion Man for over two weeks now. If it's to remove GFWL -- which is surely the case as it's the game's first update in over four months -- then the act bodes well for Microsoft's other GFWL titles... including those not presently on Steam.

If they release Viva Pinata on Steam, with Steam Achievements, I'm buying it day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom