• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bow before Doom's giveaways

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-5DF9B8BAA73809FE - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
Magical Diary -- MB-4AB95F09E6E49826 - Taken by bronson. 5 entrants total.
Evoland -- MB-73B076E94D00364A - Taken by Kiru. 9 entrants total.
Defender's Quest -- MB-94F95A3A1B702338 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 6 entrants total.

t1395946873z1.png

Knurek

Really good weekly bundle from Humble.

Anodyne is like an indie love song for Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
Offspring Fling is a lovely, full of charm puzzle platformer with amazing music by Alec Holowka. Well worth the $1.

Haven't played the other games yet, but everything with exception of that Winter Wolves VN and Evoland has so much good opinions floating around, it's a safe bet the bundle's well worth the price.

hohoXD123

Everyone needs a SSD, best investment you can make.

I went with a 128 SSD and it's glorious. I just keep 5 or so games on it, windows, and anything else I feel needs the speed. I use steam mover if I ever want to swap games off of the drive.

SSD gaming is on a whole 'nother level, my friend, and you should get on that shit.

I'd just wait until you definitely need one, the prices are dropping rapidly at the moment.

Thanks for the replies, think I'll go for it. Doubt it'll come back down to this price for a while. Here's a link if anyone else was thinking of getting it, can also get £5 off with the mother's day coupon thing.

ShogunX

Last time I played a game like this my wife called me a pervert.......

Probably best I give it to one of you fine Steam gamers.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magical Diary -- MB-FD03B81361F5C97C - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 14 entrants total.

t1395947144z1.png

derExperte

Thanks for the replies, think I'll go for it. Doubt it'll come back down to this price for a while. Here's a link if anyone else was thinking of getting it, can also get £5 off with the mother's day coupon thing.

Check other stores first, here in Germany I can get the same SSD for 200€, that's 20€ cheaper, at dedicated computer retailers. I might actually grab one for Steam alone, hmmm....

Sleeping Dogs is more GTA4 than SR3, at least in tone. It plays most everything straight (except for two of the DLC packs and even those are mostly serious in a ridiculous setting) and doesn't get anywhere near the irreverence or chaos that Saints Row 3 has.

I really enjoyed it (for the record GTA4 is also the only GTA game I've ever completed) but not for open world madness or any type of over the top hijinks. And those are the things I think of when I hear Saints Row. It has great melee combat, looks amazing, and creates a more or less convincing world in a setting that isn't popular in open world games. The story is a generic undercover cop movie put into a game and is fairly predictable as a result but it was done well.

Yes, of course I am not expecting the same level of crazyness of Saints Row - btw I am looking forward to a definitive version of SRIV at a cheap price since I loved playing it during the free weekend, great game - I guess I mentioned Saints Row just because they are both free-roaming.

At least Origins tried something new. People were hugely skeptical when it came to ME3 multiplayer and it turned out to be huge. I think it's important to give credit to Origin because of trying being innovative.

True. Some games pull it off. I always thought Dead Space 2 had potential. Mass Effect 3 was pretty damn good. But then you have other games where you didn't really need it most likely and it was the developer checkbox for "we need this to get the dudebros money cause they want multi".

I don't know if Origins is good or not... I didn't hear a lot of people wanting to stick with it after the first week when it got old... so I assume that it was kind of bad overall, but again -- that's an assumption. :p

Server has been absolutely melting all morning, sorry for that.

Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. [/Fry]

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How is Deus Ex HR Directors Cut?

I thought it was great. It fully integrates the Missing Link DLC into the main game, something that irked me previously. The reworked boss fights sort of fix my biggest problem with the game. The commentaries are interesting if you're into listening to stuff like that.
Though I played the DC on the Wii U, so I'm not sure of the PC version's quality.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Enclave -- MB-6CFA88C8552998D0 - Taken by Ruruja
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator -- MB-DD4377F4F8D1180A - Taken by Henry Swanson
Gorky 17: -- MB-F4431B0F67D57D85 - Taken by Alduin

Waku

Have some Offspring

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Offspring Fling -- MB-FCAD5E588159D03B - Taken by cardinalmind

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
There is an upgrade option. It costs $5. It doesn't go on sale.

Other posters in the Steam OT have mentioned that the $5 price is only good if you already own the vanilla Deus Ex: HR DLC, The Missing Link.

Edit: It seems to be $5 and I don't have The Missing Link. So the above maybe outdated information.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mirror of Fate HD looks really good, well, for a 3ds port at least. dat 60 fps. Im liking this trend of porting 3ds/vita games

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Offspring Fling -- MB-6AC88006525AAA5A - Taken by dot
Throw your children.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm definitely going to pass that Halo: Spartan Assault Capcom test that Microsoft is putting us through. I want to play Halo 3 4-player co-op at 60+ fps so bad.

maty

Thank you BinaryPork2737 for Evoland. Here is something in return...

Hopefully all keys work

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Sang-Froid -- MB-954471448801331A - Taken by MMBosstones86. 7 entrants total.
Restaurant Empires II -- MB-F70F7F228F188F7B - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 4 entrants total.
Gemini Wars -- MB-8431A4C397CD8B94 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.

t1395948447z1.png

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
You know the games from the Humble Store, (Not the Humble Bundles), do they come with Steam keys?, was interested in picking up Tomb Raider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom