• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

93€ to beta test a game with 3rd party DRM included? Oh my.

You get stuff.

Become an Elite Founder and get special perks!

A lifetime subscription to all GalCiv III DLC and expansion packs
Create your legacy* – Suggest a star name and get special thanks credit
Founders' Vault* – Access exclusive art, music and more from the development team
Forum badge* – Display with your account on the official Stardock forums

You know the games from the Humble Store, (Not the Humble Bundles), do they come with Steam keys?, was interested in picking up Tomb Raider.

Check if there's as Steam logo if unsure. But TR is always Steam.

fantomena

Ks2riXX.png

<3 steam

wait

9yozx7R.png

what the fuck

I know. Glad I have plenty of hdds.

MUnited83

For you.
Here's hoping for The Saboteur.

Same. That would make me open Origin for once (I don't think it's a horrible client or anything like that, but I barely have any games there that I don't have for Steam]

The Saboteur is one of my favorite games ever.

Arkham Origins, Deus Ex HR, Just Cause 2 all on sale...I never clicked add to cart so fast.

I only got a Steam account 3 weeks ago for DMC4, but these sales are making me lose my mind. How do you guys deal with this?

Tizoc

Arkham Origins, Deus Ex HR, Just Cause 2 all on sale...I never clicked add to cart so fast.

I only got a Steam account 3 weeks ago for DMC4, but these sales are making me lose my mind. How do you guys deal with this?

We look upon our gamelist and with joy look forward to its increase.
We also don't eat food.

Tizoc

At work so I can't view all websites or Youtube, but does Planet Stronghold resemble traditional turn based jRPGs gameplay wise?

derExperte

Every single day is a fight for survival. But this is nothing more than boot camp. The war starts in June or July.

Dambrosi

Banned
That's one helluva bundle. I'm in for Sang-Froid, Epigenesis (which reminds me too much of Quake 3 to resist), and maybe Echo Of The Wilds or BeatBlasters, whichever is better.

Question for people who have the games, which is more worth it at the moment/won't go on sale soon:

Strider, Ikaruga, Dungeon of the Endless Founder's Pack?
Get Ikaruga if you have love for Treasure and shmups. Otherwise, get Strider. It's not like the older arcade games at all, but it's still worth the full price I paid for it. Dungeons Of The Endless is an interesting concept, and good looking to boot, but there's a million* such dungeon crawlers on Steam at the moment, and likely much better ones like Diehard Dungeon, Bionic Dues, Dungeons Of Dredmor, Hammerwatch, Hero Seige and Teleglitch, all available for cheaper prices.

Now, a spare from my IR Ludocity bundle for you guys:
ModBot said:
Instructions for Dambrosi:
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Card City Nights -- MB-91F1F06422255A30 - Taken by C00kie M0nster
Have at it!

Guy.brush

Isnt that because they weirdly included loads of different languages audio in the package, and its also all uncompressed?

Yes. Audio is like 30GB out of the 49. It is all uncompressed. They did this to increase performance on weaker CPUs *cough* consoles *cough*.

MUnited83

For you.
$99.99 for Early Access?

No thank you.

That's why regional pricing is awesome, you can get it for half that!

And to be fair, 99$ is not that bad when it includes all the dlc and expansions that will ever be made, plus a bunch of exclusive goodies. If you don't like it you can just wait for the release version, which I believe will be 50$

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Welcome my friend to a bounty like never before. Be careful though, be mindful, it is easy to pick up more titles than you will play and that sense of impending backlog has ruined experiences or stopped people from playing any game at all and you don't want that.

Steam will always have great sales or we will get amazing bundles, but remember you can always wait for the next one for most every title*

*Licensed games may not be applicable and may disappear, never to be seen again.

Just wait until the summer, autumn and winter sales are on. The only reason i don't go crazy is because between GOG and Steam i have pretty much everything i want that i'll never actually play ;)

That's one helluva bundle. I'm in for Sang-Froid, Epigenesis (which reminds me too much of Quake 3 to resist), and maybe Echo Of The Wilds or BeatBlasters, whichever is better.

Get Ikaruga if you have love for Treasure and shmups. Otherwise, get Strider. It's not like the older arcade games at all, but it's still worth the full price I paid for it. Dungeons Of The Endless is an interesting concept, and good looking to boot, but there's a million* such dungeon crawlers on Steam at the moment, and likely much better ones like Diehard Dungeon, Bionic Dues, Dungeons Of Dredmor, Hammerwatch, Hero Seige and Teleglitch, all available for cheaper prices.

Now, a spare from my IR Ludocity bundle for you guys:

Have at it!

Thanks man!

We look upon our gamelist and with joy look forward to its increase.
We also don't eat food.

WE WELCOME YOU!

Buy every.fucking.thing :p

Every single day is a fight for survival. But this is nothing more than boot camp. The war starts in June or July.

I have self control.

and I'm broke.

We don't sleep, we don't eat, we don't drink. We do keep our backlogs growing though.

Welcome my friend to a bounty like never before. Be careful though, be mindful, it is easy to pick up more titles than you will play and that sense of impending backlog has ruined experiences or stopped people from playing any game at all and you don't want that.

Steam will always have great sales or we will get amazing bundles, but remember you can always wait for the next one for most every title*

*Licensed games may not be applicable and may disappear, never to be seen again.

Just wait until the summer, autumn and winter sales are on. The only reason i don't go crazy is because between GOG and Steam i have pretty much everything i want that i'll never actually play ;)

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I just saw Jet Grind Radio for 4.99...this doesn't make no damn sense man.

inm8num2

Repost for new page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fable: The Lost Chapters -- MB-E56535561D9DE1E1 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 16 entrants total.

t1395950113z1.png

I probably should have done a 3 hour giveaway instead of a lightning one.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
DO NOT BUY IT
The only valid decision concerning The Cartel is exclusion.
Because it's terrible and impossible to beat. Only buy that shit for the +1.
Dammit guys, stop criticizing the games I want to buy :(

Oh well, I didn't like the Halo demo when I tried it back then, but I'm willing to give this franchise another chance if these games come to Steam.

Levyne

Banned
I've only played one Sleeping Dogs dlc and thought it was really boring and bad (the halloween one). I think I've had enough of the game to try out anything else. Hopefully we learn more about Triad Wars or whatever it is, soon.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So is Dead Space worth it for 0 dollars?

>_>

Aye, I say so.

As a horror action title where you creep along worrying where the next deadly creature will pop out from and you have to keep calm enough to properly shoot it and not make the situation worse. Recommended play on a harder difficulty if you have any experience with third person action shooters, good sound (headphones preferably), and in the dark.

As a pure action game where when set to easy, you can simply play with the enemies and cut off the limbs to make things more interesting for yourself and then proceed to foot smash everything. Recommend after you've played the game at least half way through as a horror game, on Easy or Normal depending on your skill level, and you try out weapons other than the default weapon you start off with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom