• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrmm..Replacing the music in FF8 looks to be slightly more work than I expected.
I've played through the game three times already, so hearing the different music is kinda putting me off.

Eh well. I'll look into it after finishing FFX/X-2.

Backlogger

That's 50% off, but I wasn't sure if that was the base "everything" discount or not.

Yeah, I saw that, but I passed on that price on Amazon a couple weeks ago. I'm not in a hurry to get it, so I'll just wait. I'm sure by Summer sale at the latest it will be 67-75% off.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Killer is Dead is confirmed to be releasing at $19.99 on Steam.

Thanks for reminding me to finish the OT.
KuGsj.gif

Vyse24

Hrmm..Replacing the music in FF8 looks to be slightly more work than I expected.
I've played through the game three times already, so hearing the different music is kinda putting me off.

Eh well. I'll look into it after finishing FFX/X-2.

Really? I downloaded the Roses and Wine mod and it replaced (mostly) all of the music for me without any hassle. Just gotta make sure not to verify the game cache afterwards.

nampad

Blink Bundle or Flying Bundle (can't remember which one) had already been doing that I thought. Its great especially if they are adding games or Steam keys to the bundle later down the line.

Could be, I stopped buying bundles for a long while when there was a new named bundle every other day and just recently got back to it (damn this thread!). Only knew Humble, Indieroyale, Indie Gala and Groupees and just discovered Bundlestars (which let to +90 games...).

Anybody else notice Batman and zombie fighting dude wiping blood off of their mouths on the store page?

Kinda funny.

Really? I downloaded the Roses and Wine mod and it replaced (mostly) all of the music for me without any hassle. Just gotta make sure not to verify the game cache afterwards.

Well I was just expecting to drag and replace. Thanks though I'll get to it after clearing a lot of dormant crap from my PC.

Could be, I stopped buying bundles for a long while when there was a new named bundle every other day and just recently got back to it (damn this thread!). Only knew Humble, Indieroyale, Indie Gala and Groupees and just discovered Bundlestars (which let to +90 games...).

Blink Bundle has only had a few (3?) bundles so far, but they have been pretty great. Generally games which are on Steam, and haven't been featured in other bundles. So far no Simulator games either :p

I still don't understand bitcoin...

I think it is easy to understand in this age of digital credit.
Imagine a foreign currency, that has no government issuing it, is sitting on your bank account. That, is bitcoin.

Btw, I really liked the new design of Groupees. It looks well organized and practical.

Blink Bundle has only had a few (3?) bundles so far, but they have been pretty great. Generally games which are on Steam, and haven't been featured in other bundles. So far no Simulator games either :p

Goat Simulator is coming to headbutt you.

Imagine a foreign currency, that has no government issuing it, is sitting on your bank account. That, is bitcoin.

So it's currency without an issuer, really.
But why -- I mean, I don't understand the point... what's the benefit of using bitcoin exactly? Better exchange rates?

Turfster

You forgot the wild fluctuations in value.

But why -- I mean, I don't understand the point... what's the benefit of using bitcoin exactly? Better exchange rates?

Hiding all your drug/paedophilia/weapon dealing money.

Copons

The mirage of earning cash with zero efforts?

I guess... I don't really get it too :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
There are 2 sonic all-stars kart racers on steam.

Which is the good one? The newer one? Transformed?

Transformed is the better of the two. The original isn't bad but has flaws, and no online mode on PC. Transformed is much improved in many ways, and is a way better PC version too.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is part of what is recognized as the holy trinity of kart racers, whose other two corners go to Mario Kart DS and Crash Tag Team Racing.

The only people who actually currently benefit from using bitcoin are

1) People who got in way early and are sitting on (hundreds of) thousands of dollars worth
2) People who invest because they believe that the value will increase
bubble
further
3) People who want to do shady deals, because it's somewhat difficult to find out who is behind a bitcoin transaction

It's unregulated and the future of money and so on, but it's still too difficult to use and too cryptic (hah) for any mainstream adaption

Zafir

Will get Killer is Dead again for PC if the price is right. Not holding my breath with Deep Silvers previous EU pricing though.

maty

Finished Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan, while trying to get the Paylfire rewards. Fortunately I bought it for $1 from IndieGameStand.

The game is quite bad and very buggy, your character can sometimes go off screen with no way to return, controls are slow and unresponsive, audio is horrible (never heard footsteps as bad as the ones in this game), visuals are a hit and miss, etc.

From the screenshots it looked like it could be similar to Bastion but besides the camera perspective there isn't much in common.
In Ku you get only 1 weapon, a sword, and something that shoots bubbles that stuns enemies for a little while and that's it, so the combat comes down to stunning enemy, attacking and rolling back, rinse and repeat.
I have no problem with simplistic combat but when the controls work half the time you press a button then we have a problem. Also the enemy AI (or should I say lack of) is quite bad

The Arena mode is super tedious unlike Bastion challenges. Since there aren't many types of monsters, it introduces enemies with different colors which are basically the same but they just take longer to kill. :/
Last but not least, the Arena mode menu does not work with a controller and you have to use a mouse or you'll get stuck in a loading screen forever.

I wouldn't recommend this game even if it's later patched and fixed.

On the good side, it was short and I got GMG credit for getting some achievements so not everything was in vain.

r3n4ud

Finished Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan, while trying to get the Paylfire rewards. Fortunately I bought it for $1 from IndieGameStand.

The game is quite bad and very buggy, your character can sometimes go off screen with no way to return, controls are slow and unresponsive, audio is horrible (never heard footsteps as bad as the ones in this game), visuals are a hit and miss, etc.

From the screenshots it looked like it could be similar to Bastion but besides the camera perspective there isn't much in common.
In Ku you get only 1 weapon, a sword, and something that shoots bubbles that stuns enemies for a little while and that's it, so the combat comes down to stunning enemy, attacking and rolling back, rinse and repeat.
I have no problem with simplistic combat but when the controls work half the time you press a button then we have a problem. Also the enemy AI (or should I say lack of) is quite bad

The Arena mode is super tedious unlike Bastion challenges. Since there aren't many types of monsters, it introduces enemies with different colors which are basically the same but they just take longer to kill. :/
Last but not least, the Arena mode menu does not work with a controller and you have to use a mouse or you'll get stuck in a loading screen forever.

On the good side, it was short and I got GMG credit for getting some achievements so not everything was in vain.
Thanks for the review, but, no matter how much you no likey, get yur ass back in the game. You're missing achievements :p

People use it for multiple reasons.

One of the more common ones is people with libertarian views who see the lack of government regulation as a thing in it's favor, or techno-libertarians who view the lawless nature of the internet as ideal.

Some people just like the idea of being able to make money for nothing through mining, although I don't even think mining is profitable anymore if you don't have a huge setup.

Finally there are people who want to use money in some illegal manner, since bitcoin is untraceable it's kinda ideal for this. This is also the only thing bitcoin is actually good at, since it's price fluctuates too much for it to be a safe investment and you can't really use it to buy anything you'd need.

Tizoc

How long did it take you to finish the game? Also can you post how to get the cheevos that the playfire rewards mention so I can get those out of the way without missing them if any? I should start this tomorrow and finish it up.

maty

Thanks for the review, but, no matter how much you no likey, get yur ass back in the game. You're missing achievements :p

Haha, I usually try to 100% games but there is 1 that requires to get to wave 40 in arena mode and the furthest I got to was wave 23.
I don't remember how much time it took but it felt like forever.

No, the one from 10 days ago did not work for people who have already done the achievements (it only applied to new players). The most recent update retroactively grants them.

Welp, looks like I was doubly wrong then, since I previously posted exactly that but retracted it because I saw that tweet from 10 days ago. I really am stupid today.

Privacy. This might sound silly but imagine that I have a students' loan left ~3k which turned into tax debt meaning the government can seize any of my bank accounts if they see anything above 500. So I buy bitcoins, can still spend it online, can convert it with high granularity.
P.S.: This example may or may not represent the truth.

maty

How long did it take you to finish the game? Also can you post how to get the cheevos that the playfire rewards mention so I can get those out of the way without missing them if any? I should start this tomorrow and finish it up.

Sure, it took me 3 hours with some idling in the middle, but you can finish it in less if you don't explore every inch of the map, like I always do :p

The 3 achievements are Plucky Patch Kid, Jack Be Nimble and Hyaah! Kyah! Hyeaaagh!

Plucky Patch Kid: When you get to the village in the 1st chapter there is a character (I believe in the 2nd screen) that asks you to move the watermelons to the path in front of her. Very easy.

Jack Be Nimble: Avoid damage during one of the bosses
the giant afer the spider
. You might have to try a few times mostly because of control issues.

Hyaah! Kyah! Hyeaaagh!: Get to wave 11 in all 4 arenas. Not hard but tediuos as I mentioned before.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn! That came out of NOWHERE. Was this even one of the games that was leaked through the SteamDB subs? I don't recall reading anything about the possibility of it coming to PC, let alone Steam.
Fucking awesome.
There was a thread here on GAF about this, but I totally forgot until now.

EDIT: sorry for the double post!

Some games for ya

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-AE2C8DACA3C1DB32 - Taken by Benedict
Incredipede -- MB-8AC9479519DE2FF4 - Taken by Saty
Anodyne -- MB-C7D42808207B48D7 - Taken by Sub Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom