• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Killer is Dead isnt necessarely the best game but Suda on PC is too exciting to pass up

Killer 7 and No More Heroes are like my favorite console games, next to Katamari (we need PC Katamari Damacy up in here)
I'm not even that interested in KiD(Haven't looked up much footage of it) but I will definitely be pre-ordering it to try and show that there is a market for Suda's games on PC.

No More Heroes is so gorgeous on Dolphin at 1080p, and a re-release of that or one of Suda's other games on Steam would be amazing.

It will happen, I must not stop believing, I've got to hold on to this feeling!

this might sound dumb to some but I think that game's perfect for the Wii

i'd buy it on PC day 1 (and it'd be a great move considering it sold like shit), but after playing the PS3 version I really missed the last blow motion stuff. It just feels that much more satisfying

razer hydra!

Uh. You didn't play it on PS3 with your Move?

Put in a ticket and give it about a week.

That's being generous.
Their support is nice, but they must be swamped.
My current ticket has been open for 4 days with no response.
Prior to that, I can't even say how long the old ticket was open (weeks) before I got a response apologizing and asking for pretty much the same information (although I had more missing credits in the interim).

Edit: Holy crap, my rewards are working now and I got a ton from almost 100%'ing Yaiba.

Ah that sweet sweet drama. But yeah, we need a valve insider who can let us know which decade HL3 is coming out in.

Ooooh I'll do it. It'll come out within this decade!

My SOURCE (GET IT?!) is this Valve I built onto the desk I made, to hold my headphones:
2OAi5LI.jpg

With love,

The Steam Whisperer

derExperte

Ooooh I'll do it. It'll come out within this decade!

My SOURCE (GET IT?!) is this Valve I built onto the desk I made, to hold my headphones:

With love,

The Steam Whisperer

The other guys never told us their sources so you're already ahead. But be prepared to get banned when HL3 isn't here before 2021.

KarmaCow

I've already given it over a week. :p

Seems like they just don't have the manpower to run the support site.

Edit: Just checked when I submitted my ticket, was March 19th.

Same here. I just got an email with a generic response to include the info I originally included.

Hal9k

Neo Member
Any here use Playfire? I set it up with the hopes of getting some nice chump change for the occasional sale on GMG. Just looking for some impressions and what i should expect (if anything).

I've given up on playfire as I haven't received any rewards for a bunch of achievements I completed. I'll wait until they iron out all their bugs before I try again.

Thorgal

Ah that sweet sweet drama. But yeah, we need a valve insider who can let us know which decade HL3 is coming out in.

Well , our own jshackles would be perfect as a insider if Valve ever bothers to hire him .

Guy would be hiding His leaks from Valve within the Enhanced steam Source code which only Steamgaf can decipher :p

Dolor

Is it just me or as soon as this new thread with its title was put up, all of Steam's frequent downtime issues abated?

Or maybe Facebook was DDOSing Steam in order to wrestle Oculus away from Valve...

fantomena

I know the critics for Killer is Dead has been average to bad, but Im gonna buy it (yes, Im not even gonna ask for a review copy) just to support SUDA and hope for more SUDA games to PC.

Added that free copy of Dead Space to my Origin account, I don't know why since I own a physical copy and digital copy on Steam, but free is free.

I actually forgot that I had Syndicate installed so I started playing it, I was almost immediately reminded of why I must've stopped playing it when the game asked me to mash F. Syndicate is everything you expect from a modern first person shooter: hyper-linear, heavily scripted and with a hefty amount of cutscenes. At least the setting is at least interesting and some of the weapons and abilities are kind of fun-ish.

hohoXD123

Well , our own jshackles would be perfect as a insider if Valve ever bothers to hire him .

Guy would be hiding His leaks from Valve within the Enhanced steam Source code which only Steamgaf can decipher :p

Operation #getjshackleshired is a go.

See that's the thing. My desk Valve isn't hooked up to any water, so it physically cannot leak! It's purely cosmetic, just like hats.

It's the perfect crime really.
...your desk valve is hired. More leaks please, without the water.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The problem with loving a certain genre that's currently in niche is that you realize you're getting to the point where you've played more of them than not. I still have quite a few more old-school, fixed camera angle horror games to go before I've played them all, but it's beginning to dawn on me that I'm making scary fast progress on completing them all. Like, I've played I think 2/3rds of how many fixed camera angle horror games actually exist. That's still a pretty sizabale chunk of games left still, but what do I do once those are up? There are still many more horror games for me out there, but I'm really going to miss fixed camera-angle horror games. There's something about them that doesn't resonate as well in first-person horror games that are all the rage these days. I know what it is, but it would take some explaining. I'm going to miss horror games like these if they don't resonate anytime soon.

But maybe my woes can be partially silented if more of these games would come to Steam. It's so bizarre, so many of these old horror games had PC ports, I don't know why more of them don't come to Steam.

Arthea

Talking about Killer is Dead, gameplay looks like it can be fun, but even trailer is very hard on eyes, I'm not sure that playing it is an option for me.
In other news, I still can't buy anything at the steam store, I keep telling myself that it's for the better. What I wonder, how long Valve's support takes to answer questions?

Amzin

The problem with loving a certain genre that's currently in niche is that you realize you're getting to the point where you've played more of them than not. I still have quite a few more old-school, fixed camera angle horror games to go before I've played them all, but it's beginning to dawn on me that I'm making scary fast progress on completing them all. Like, I've played I think 2/3rds of how many fixed camera angle horror games actually exist. That's still a pretty sizabale chunk of games left still, but what do I do once those are up? There are still many more horror games for me out there, but I'm really going to miss fixed camera-angle horror games. There's something about them that doesn't resonate as well in first-person horror games that are all the rage these days.

This is how I feel about Tactics-RPGs. Especially since I don't like the Disgaea games for some reason. I really want people to put out more FFT-style games but nobody is obliging :p

Dusk Golem

Talking about Killer is Dead, gameplay looks like it can be fun, but even trailer is very hard on eyes, I'm not sure that playing it is an option for me.

The trailers are once you have a lot of the game's mechanics down, which doesn't happen straight away. The game has a pretty good learning curve anyways. If you don't mind me babbling a bit (it was a livestream), this should skip you ahead to the first boss battle in the game, and you will see at that point the game is much slower as it is still easing you in.

The game can go slower-paced, especially as it eases you into it.

Here's someone else who's playing the game on Very Hard dDfficulty (which means they beat it once), and do it a lot faster-paced and much more skilled.

Arthea

The trailers are once you have a lot of the game's mechanics down, which doesn't happen straight away. The game has a pretty good learning curve anyways. If you don't mind me babbling a bit (it was a livestream), this should skip you ahead to the first boss battle in the game, and you will see at that point the game is much slower as it is still easing you in.

it is a tad slower and immediately less fun, but my eyes are bleeding!
I'm not saying that's a game's fault, don't worry!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On a serious note, the matter of games as an enjoyable activity for me has become something that I've recently begun to dwell on. Even just a year ago I'd laugh off the jokes that I buy more games than I intend to play with the internal notion that I'd get around to at least some of them eventually... but over the past six or so months it's become clear to me that I completely lack the desire to continue with something that doesn't wholly appeal to me. Like, I've been a fan of South Park ever since my brother called me into his room one night in the late 90s and showed me Cartman making fun of poor people during the excursion to South America or whatever, but because I watched a mate play through a good portion of what I'd yet to reach myself in Stick of Truth, when I returned home and loaded up own save, my interest had almost eroded entirely -- SoT is great because it feels as though you're playing an elongated episode of South Park, but the actual game component, as it turned out, doesn't appeal to me as strongly as I first thought.

I should probably clarify that my disillusion towards gaming isn't something that bothers me, but having accepted it, it does feel kinda weird that I spend, relative to what I earn, a lot of money on something I don't really feel strongly about. It's all well and good to joke about how it's nice to have something "just in case", but if there's no intention of making use of that product, is there any sense in obtaining it in the first place? Maybe I'm in too deep and have just subconsciously adjusted to go with the flow that I've developed since the closing days of the 2012 Summer Sale? I dunno.

Dusk Golem

it is a tad slower and immediately less fun, but my eyes are bleeding!
I'm not saying that's a game's fault, don't worry!

That's fair, actually though if I remember you can tone down the colors in the game on the options menu. The second video I posted, and will post again here, is someone else playing the same boss (the first one) on Very Hard Difficulty, but they also have turned down the colors substantially on the options menu. Same effect?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyldxb1IyMg

Oh my god the bloom in Syndicate is retarded. Some lights get so blown out it completely obscures things. Trying to snipe someone near a white back lit surface and the moment I zoom in, I can't see a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom