• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If I had the time, money, and ability to self-publish I would be making a Visual Novel/SteamGAF Simulator to sell on Steam based off all of this.

Sajjaja

homphobes

Speaking of this, I saw a dude on Facebook who is some sort of hardcore feminist or anti-gender thing and had some sort of major breakdown on and started calling people bigots and yelling (through text) at people to get educated about how gender is a social construction and....yeah....It was pretty...heated. Just started posting anime pictures with words on them that said misandry and other stuff.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
If I had the time, money, and ability to self-publish I would be making a Visual Novel/SteamGAF Simulator to sell on Steam based off all of this.

giphy.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, I reached a secret level in Escape Goat 2 and it doesn't fuck around. I don't think I'll ever be able to beat this; I came close twice, but blew it both times.

The game even goes as far as blatantly mocking you:
after dying many times the "quit" option in the menu changes to "rage quit".
And that's exactly what I did!

Speaking of this, I saw a dude on Facebook who is some sort of hardcore feminist or anti-gender thing and had some sort of major breakdown on and started calling people bigots and yelling (through text) at people to get educated about how gender is a social construction and....yeah....It was pretty...heated. Just started posting anime pictures with words on them that said misandry and other stuff.
Why do people have meltdowns on the internet?

Odds and ends - have fun:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Sanctum TD -- MB-36EDB512E45F5768 - Taken by Relax.MX. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Ski Park Tycoon (Desura) -- MB-7C36BAD3398E97D6 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Hunter's Trophy 2 -- MB-050FC57E2A7F59FC - Taken by arts&crafts. 6 entrants total.
Sanctum 2 -- MB-8F038F412A91031C - Taken by Iron Badger. 10 entrants total.
APB Reloaded (Stackable Premium Pack) -- MB-0C051A226D9A7646 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 3 entrants total.
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project -- MB-2A19233F95E62C9F - Taken by BorntoPlay. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Blindside (Desura) -- MB-F25FE7078652D408 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
Sang-Froid -- MB-A23AC2A4CFAEBDD0 - Taken by oipic. 13 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
The Body Changer (Desura) -- MB-12BF90A5DB9A70FD - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.

t1396079133z1.png

Backlogger

Now imagine witnessing this meltdown through an Occulus Rift headset

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hmmm... my Sniper 2 is all fucked up when it's in DX9 mode now. I assume this is because it's one of those "nVidia - The way it's meant to be played" games and they didn't do shit to fix it for newer ATI cards.

gdt

So my computer died for about 4 months, and of course all my PC games with it. Okay no prob I say. I got games console games I need to replay. Bang a couple out.

Oh man, I'm kinda starving for games, so I re sub for ps+, and I have a backlog again.

But I just fixed my PC like 2 weeks ago and started buying all the fall games I missed and the backlog is getting crazy again! Oh steam. How I missed thee.

Rayman, batman AO, splinter cell, etc. mmmmmmm. Still need to finish Metro LL, Okami HD...just bought the Bioshock DLC,,,,so glad I'm back to full strength.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

You should block people like that if you value your mental health, even if you agree with the underlying argument; people like that are toxic.

Dice

You should block people like that if you value your mental health, even if you agree with the underlying argument, people like that are toxic.
"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence." - Robert Frost

Tellaerin

I'm kind of confused about the "improved" graphics in the PC version of Half Minute Hero. What's the point of spending time and effort to revamp a game's visuals if you're going to make it look worse? :p Thankfully, there's an option to switch to the original pixel art.

I played the crap out of the PSP version of HMH, but after playing the first couple of levels on PC, I can already feel it getting its hooks back into me. ^^;

mrgone

I'm kind of confused about the "improved" graphics in the PC version of Half Minute Hero. What's the point of spending time and effort to revamp a game's visuals if you're going to make it look worse? :p Thankfully, there's an option to switch to the original pixel art.

I played the crap out of the PSP version of HMH, but after playing the first couple of levels on PC, I can already feel it getting its hooks back into me. ^^;

On top of the graphical "improvement" (I don't hate the look, but it's not as charming) the new graphical treatment is nearly as low-res as the original and both are all sorts of messed up by whatever bargain-basement screen scaling method the devs employed for the game. Original graphics + windowed is the only way I can play it without the OCD kicking in and turning me into a howling weredouche (never get bitten, I'm telling yas). Great game aside from the weird technical jank, though.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence." - Robert Frost

1. You really should read quotes before you post them in an attempt at a trenchant response.

2. Being able to decipher what messages are worth listening to is one of the most important things a person can learn.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Whoa, I reached a secret level in Escape Goat 2 and it doesn't fuck around. I don't think I'll ever be able to beat this; I came close twice, but blew it both times.

The game even goes as far as blatantly mocking you:
after dying many times the "quit" option in the menu changes to "rage quit".
And that's exactly what I did!
Omg that spoiler is amazing. Next level game design right there.

Lain

I believe the 1st arena unlocks when beating the game or it could be there already, I didn´t try it until I finished it. The others get unlocked once you get to wave 11 in the previous arena.

So, once you get to wave 11 in Arena 1 you unlock Arena 2, do the same in Arena 2 and you unlock arena 3 and so on.

To get the achievement you need to reach wave 11 in all arenas.

Oh, good to know. I only made it to wave 10 and I don't think I'll bother to get the achievement (because I just tried and the doom screen of death at the end of Arena is still not fixed).

Dice

1. You really should read quotes before you post them in an attempt at a trenchant response.

2. Being able to decipher what messages are worth listening to is one of the most important things a person can learn.
1. I did.
2. I was agreeing with you. The person he is speaking about clearly has problems they still need to grow past.
3. Castle of Illusion rocks.

What the fux?

Mirror of Fate just CTD on me. Something about "Storage device is not available"...
Now it's got me paranoid about the state of my Steam HDD... :\

Sajjaja

Now imagine witnessing this meltdown through an Occulus Rift headset

I can see all the privileges being checked.

You should block people like that if you value your mental health, even if you agree with the underlying argument; people like that are toxic.

It was on some Facebook page, ain't a friend of the person, but the person he was yelling at was a buddy of mine lol. I should probably take screens of it and post it here. It was really mind boggling.

I have to get a friend a last-minute birthday gift because I forgot; he's got Deadpool on his wishlist. I'm guessing it's not too expensive on the aftermarket yet? Where's the cheapest place to get it hassle-free?

Did you find a copy? I've got a Deadpool (UK) Steam key still if you haven't. <-- and it's gone! Thanks for the trade Dog Problems :)

(Still got some Prey Keys too)

EDIT:

Read on and you got a copy. Grats!

I like the games where you can see the difference from level 1 to level 99.
Code:
[IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l197/MavromatisLozay/2014-03-29_09-24-46_zpse8e5d599.png[/IMG]
Like, throwing away your clothes to move quicker. Thanks Random F2P MMO!

Tizoc

Slowly progressing in Mercenary Kings, but mainly because the game just feels slow. I've set my online status to Public but no one's joined me yet, prob. because its still not active?

Comparing it to Metal Slug is rather misleading as MS is far more fast paced.

Did you find a copy? I've got a Deadpool (UK) Steam key still if you haven't. <-- and it's gone! Thanks for the trade Dog Problems :)

(Still got some Prey Keys too)

EDIT:

Read on and you got a copy. Grats!

I'll buy the hell out of anal sphincter game because I actually want to play it again at some point, or atleast that's what I'm tricking myself into believing. I'm not rich though, how many keys would you want for it?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-9CA824E5FBD70650 - Taken by KenOD

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm glad I stayed up long enough to get Alien Zombie Megadeath (thanks NingenJanai), but I could have done without ever seeing that image.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
1. I did.
2. I was agreeing with you. The person he is speaking about clearly has problems they still need to grow past.
3. Castle of Illusion rocks.

Well, this is what I get for reading things while drinking. It seems I owe you an apology.

It was on some Facebook page, ain't a friend of the person, but the person he was yelling at was a buddy of mine lol. I should probably take screens of it and post it here. It was really mind boggling.

There are a lot of crazed personalities on the web. Check out the insane ramblings and accusations of sexism and racism on twitter or tumber when Fuller axed a female Asian character from his show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom