• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A Korean guy sold it to me for a little under $30 USD over Paypal. The slightly higher price was worth not having to figure out where to get keys or whatever. Success! Thanks to all who helped.

...and with Alien Zombie Megadeath unlocking in the Blink Bundle:

Areuexx.jpg

def sim

On a serious note, the matter of games as an enjoyable activity for me has become something that I've recently begun to dwell on. Even just a year ago I'd laugh off the jokes that I buy more games than I intend to play with the internal notion that I'd get around to at least some of them eventually... but over the past six or so months it's become clear to me that I completely lack the desire to continue with something that doesn't wholly appeal to me. Like, I've been a fan of South Park ever since my brother called me into his room one night in the late 90s and showed me Cartman making fun of poor people during the excursion to South America or whatever, but because I watched a mate play through a good portion of what I'd yet to reach myself in Stick of Truth, when I returned home and loaded up own save, my interest had almost eroded entirely -- SoT is great because it feels as though you're playing an elongated episode of South Park, but the actual game component, as it turned out, doesn't appeal to me as strongly as I first thought.

I should probably clarify that my disillusion towards gaming isn't something that bothers me, but having accepted it, it does feel kinda weird that I spend, relative to what I earn, a lot of money on something I don't really feel strongly about. It's all well and good to joke about how it's nice to have something "just in case", but if there's no intention of making use of that product, is there any sense in obtaining it in the first place? Maybe I'm in too deep and have just subconsciously adjusted to go with the flow that I've developed since the closing days of the 2012 Summer Sale? I dunno.

Maybe it's time to take a step back and only buy what you're immediately going to play? It's not too late, I don't think you can ever be in too deep in something like this. You don't have to chase this dragon, JaseC!

Salsa

On a serious note, the matter of games as an enjoyable activity for me has become something that I've recently begun to dwell on. Even just a year ago I'd laugh off the jokes that I buy more games than I intend to play with the internal notion that I'd get around to at least some of them eventually... but over the past six or so months it's become clear to me that I completely lack the desire to continue with something that doesn't wholly appeal to me. Like, I've been a fan of South Park ever since my brother called me into his room one night in the late 90s and showed me Cartman making fun of poor people during the excursion to South America or whatever, but because I watched a mate play through a good portion of what I'd yet to reach myself in Stick of Truth, when I returned home and loaded up own save, my interest had almost eroded entirely -- SoT is great because it feels as though you're playing an elongated episode of South Park, but the actual game component, as it turned out, doesn't appeal to me as strongly as I first thought.

I should probably clarify that my disillusion towards gaming isn't something that bothers me, but having accepted it, it does feel kinda weird that I spend, relative to what I earn, a lot of money on something I don't really feel strongly about. It's all well and good to joke about how it's nice to have something "just in case", but if there's no intention of making use of that product, is there any sense in obtaining it in the first place? Maybe I'm in too deep and have just subconsciously adjusted to go with the flow that I've developed since the closing days of the 2012 Summer Sale? I dunno.

I never joked bro

im serious when I say you're wasting money and you're nuts, but it's your money and you can do with it whatever you want and makes you happy with it

I still love you

Cth

Opinion:
Robot Roller-Derby Disco dodgeball is a lot of fun, especially with friends.

And on that note..

ModBot said:
Good luck!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-834B5D65280E3297 - Taken by BernardoOne

He hasn't earned his stripes yet to be playing that saoirse Ryan gif card...

You have to be chosen.
Only when I earn those stripes will I become a true SteamGaf member.

people really use guides

I always forget they're there
I love the community guides, they're brilliant, especially for older games with graphical issues, normally they have in depth .ini editing guides on what to edit and how to get a proper FoV, and stuff like that.

And for newer games they tend to have achievement guides or for certain games a "best min/max build" stuff like that is really useful to me, and I love reading those.

It's one of those features that I really miss when I play games from other digital distribution services(like gog, love that place, but boy do I miss all the little things steam gives to me)

maty

How do you unlock all the arenas for the achievement? Just finish the game?
And yeah, the game is shit.

I believe the 1st arena unlocks when beating the game or it could be there already, I didn´t try it until I finished it. The others get unlocked once you get to wave 11 in the previous arena.

So, once you get to wave 11 in Arena 1 you unlock Arena 2, do the same in Arena 2 and you unlock arena 3 and so on.

To get the achievement you need to reach wave 11 in all arenas.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I still use gamefaqs if I am using a guide, grew up with it I guess.

Yeah, if I'm ever forced to use a guide to figure out how to meet the pre-requisites for sidequests, I always use gamfaqs. Or wikis. The Xenoblade wiki, for instance, was a great help for figuring out how to get sidequests.

I force myself to almost never use it for the main game though. I hate using a guide to progress the main plot.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

st...er_292x136.jpg

Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-2945280547E17E69

t1396063968z1.png

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
For the new page:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

st...er_292x136.jpg

Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-2945280547E17E69 - Taken by Sarcasm. 5 entrants total.

t1396063968z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco dodgeball is trully awesome. I played some kind of demo or beta a few months ago and I loved it, and now its even more fun :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe it's time to take a step back and only buy what you're immediately going to play? It's not too late, I don't think you can ever be in too deep in something like this. You don't have to chase this dragon, JaseC!

Eh... :p

I never joked bro

im serious when I say you're wasting money and you're nuts, but it's your money and you can do with it whatever you want and makes you happy with it

I still love you

Salsa, please, you have a girlfriend! Unless... it was me all along?

Edit: I should mention that I read all the responses to my earlier post, not just these two, and appreciate the input.

I can't help but wonder what happens if Valve throws open the floodgates, as has often been speculated.

But beyond that, stop trying to 100% Assassin's creed games. I've said it before, but I didn't just hate AC3, it almost made me want to hate every other game ever made.

I have a pretty sweet GameFAQs app on my phone

aa5Wnrlr8WSC38aCYpqs6p4Nh9ZrTu0m8wJFbWCHJAELyO0i6XB9Uyxd1QD7Y0tWvQY=h900-rw

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.faqr&hl=en

that said, I cant remember the last time I used a guide. If I can't figure out the achievement for myself then bleh.

I'm going to give this a shot -- my Galaxy S3 has a decent screen size, so it might be easier than the 7" tablet I was considering if it works out well enough.

Thanks.

Eh... :p

Salsa, please, you have a girlfriend! Unless... it was me all along?

Isn't Salsa a girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom