• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work. Getting to the level 6 secret area was the worst part for me. I didn't do the 30 minute thing either, just not something I enjoy.
Hmm, which one was that?

For me, the biggest pain was:

The key where you pushed barrels onto the blue squares. After finding the key I thought I had to get barrels on BOTH squares and spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to set this up. Once it was the last room I needed I tried again to no avail and I got frustrated and pushed just the one barrel over, which of course was all I needed. That was a kick to the nuts.

Finding the rooms was a lot of fun though, I just wish there was a little extra ending or something in-game for accomplishing it.

Hmm, which one was that?

The one where you need to
climb the "door wall" to the very right of the screen. I was trying to use the reaper for ages to keep pushing the switch and kept getting shot (I made it a few times and died on the way back down!). Then I used the mouse and it kept getting shot too.

Finally I realised I should use the mouse in the other direction. Oops.

For me, the biggest pain was:

Heh, I did the exact same thing. I thought it was impossible to get both barrels down there...and it was!

Finding the rooms was a lot of fun though, I just wish there was a little extra ending or something in-game for accomplishing it.

Same. Hopefully the mutator thingies are related to this in some way. They are supposed to be after you beat the game, but I'm not sure what "beat" means yet.

Guess I'm done with game buying till support get back to me, hopefully before the Batman sale ends but not holding my breath.

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

I closed the wrong tab, so after I completed the PayPal purchase, I couldn't get bounced back to the steam page to finish the transaction and let it go through. Now getting that error every time. Damn :(

Firebrand

They aren't a big deal.
They aren't really upgrades though.
I think there's some damage bonus, +35% or something, applied to one or two guns. Still takes up one upgrade slot (? I think, still very early in the game). I think I found a way to disable them by deleting a file from the DLC folder, but I don't think I'll bother restarting over it. I'm kinda bad at the game anyway, so.

The one where you need to
climb the "door wall" to the very right of the screen. I was trying to use the reaper for ages to keep pushing the switch and kept getting shot (I made it a few times and died on the way back down!). Then I used the mouse and it kept getting shot too.

Finally I realised I should use the mouse in the other direction. Oops.
I didn't have much trouble with that one once I decided to actually try to get to that spot (although I spent a bit trying to look in the other areas first). Having mouse crawl up the left side of that wall would make him fall and hit the switch again pretty rapidly. I suspect I may have gotten lucky with my drop to the door though, since there's a reaper like one pixel next to it.

Heh, I did the exact same thing. I thought it was impossible to get both barrels down there...and it was!
Honestly I am embarrassed with how much time I wasted on that one. I ALMOST managed to get the top barrel in with some quick dashing from the upper right switch, but even if I had, there's no way to get to the bottom one without both of those buttons being pressed down.

Same. Hopefully the mutator thingies are related to this in some way. They are supposed to be after you beat the game, but I'm not sure what "beat" means yet.
Those are probably for some coming update, they were not there the first day or so of release.

aku:jiki

iCt1pjq.png

Oh yeahhh, finally! My most satisfying and fun completion on Steam so far! That might've been the most stylish and simply coolest game I've ever played. Amazing soundtrack too. My body is more than ready for the sequel.

Now to decide what to go for next... Picking one to play is harder than actually beating the games!

8osw25D.gif

Between this and the video (trailer?) with the goat kicking a body onto a treadmill that then goes flying into a car and blows it up, I think I actually want this on day one.

Momentary

Banned
- Missing lighting effects
- Dropped resolutions, effed up non 16:9 resolutions
- Random lags
- This and a ton more I don't remember.
Perfect port indeed.

I"ve never experienced any problem with SSFAE. You seem like you're being super picky. Like I said, just mentioning non 16:9 resolutions makes me think you were running it on something old. They can't make the game run for everyone.

They've done a HELL of a lot more good than bad on console ports compared to what we get from other companies. You're the first person I've ever heard of that had such a distaste towards QLOC.

The way you talk about them would make me think SSFIVAE was a Dark Souls level of crappy. Which it sure as hell isn't

derExperte

Invites probably already went out, right?

Not the keys but if you're in you should've received a few mails with details.

You can buy it now and play it immediately, I think.

Yes, through the dev's website. http://www.goat-simulator.com/

The eternal question: unpack booster or sell on marketplace?

I sell mine because it's the reasonable thing to do. My advice for others: UNPACKTHINKOFTHEFOILS!!!

For those of you that actually have working Playfire rewards accounts -- how long after seeing the balance appear in playfire does it usually take to transfer to GMG?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Man all this Ittle Dew talk is gonna make me do another run.

I drew up my path on paper, haha, and the solutions to the couple of harder "shortcut" puzzles needed for quick reference.

Since the run is short, it's not horrible to retry it a few times, but it is very frustrating when you lose so much time from bosses that you really have not much control over (although I may be overstating that a bit, and maybe just the final guy).

Holy crap that's awesome. If it isn't too much trouble would you mind posting those? I love (and kind of miss) hand-drawn notes/maps.

jmizzal

For those of you that actually have working Playfire rewards accounts -- how long after seeing the balance appear in playfire does it usually take to transfer to GMG?

Mine usually goes right away until the last 2 days but they said it may take a lil more time since they are catching up on some they missed in the past

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

took me ages, and I ended up having to send in a support ticket going "wtf"

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell, I sat down to play some Two Worlds 2 just after 7pm and now its midnight ? Bloody hell, it doesn't feel like 5 hours at all. Been a while a game just grabbed me like that.

MUnited83

For you.
Do I need any of this extra Tomb Raider crap?

Not planning on playing MP. Haven't ever played the game before.

Nope.
Unless you want overpowered weapons and abilities, a 2 minute Tomb and some horrible costumes that are way worse and uglier that what the modding community managed to make.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to remap the controls on Cave Story+? My arrow keys don't work so I want to switch to using my numpad

edit: nvm, I got it. Got a spare keyboard with working arrow keys and changed them from the in-game menu.

Mine usually goes right away until the last 2 days but they said it may take a lil more time since they are catching up on some they missed in the past

took me ages, and I ended up having to send in a support ticket going "wtf"

I have about $8 in credit shown on playfire, but it wasn't available to me when I made a purchase on GMG earlier today. This is excluding the $12+ I'm still trying to get credited from the different email fiasco.

If I can get $20 in credit + a 20-25% off coupon, I think it might be time to pick up LoS2.

Khronico

Fucking hell, I sat down to play some Two Worlds 2 just after 7pm and now its midnight ? Bloody hell, it doesn't feel like 5 hours at all. Been a while a game just grabbed me like that.

Yeah, it's a surprisingly fun game. Here's hoping for Two Worlds 3 (3/Three Worlds?).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I had more fun with that one than I did with Skyrim.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Man, I don't check the topic for a couple of days and it grows a gazillion pages D:

8osw25D.gif

Between this and the video (trailer?) with the goat kicking a body onto a treadmill that then goes flying into a car and blows it up, I think I actually want this on day one.
I totally want this now.

Khronico

8osw25D.gif

This is like someone made a full game out of the Hall of Meat mode from Skate. I... I kind of want to play this game.

Dude, there's so much more than that to the game.

Vanilla TF2 was sheer genius, a true balancing act made even more insane by the amount of classes ready to tilt the whole thing. Unequaled in that respect.
I also don't like multiplayer shooters and I tend to be wary of free to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom