• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

As I wasn't fast enough to get the prize, will wait for price to drop a lil, as I don't have only 2 games, I think. :(

feel

461a43f0aa7js0n.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I own everything in it, but the bundle isn't bad. All of those games are good games, and all of them either haven't been in a bundle before, or have only once a while ago. It just happens that these being good but not really recent games means more probably own them, like me. No regrets!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, got Starbound for 10 bucks. What was the other stuff? I'll go check now

Edit: Sweet, I wanted Reus!

Pretty decent bundle for me as I actually didn't have a single one of these games
Runner 2 is a must. In fact, I think I'm gonna gift a copy or two here.

Does anybody know how to buy and gift multiple copies of the bundle? Do I buy them all as gifts, or should I buy them for myself one at a time, gift every game and then buy another?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
It's not a bad bundle, but I figured something a bit more special would be in the works since it was number 10.

Don't own anything but Reus anyway, so I'll wait until the average sinks back down to $4/$5 (and US Airways finishes refunding me...) and buy in.

On the SEGA store there was Typing Of The Dead on sale, I decided to wait to see what was in the humble bundle. Already bought Starbound day-one. I went back now to the SEGA store and the deal it's over. Bummer

Freezard

Are you kidding me? I didn't even get a chance to buy Starbound ;_; Runner2 is nice though... and I think I'll pick up VOID for $2 at the Humble store. Although they don't have CORE or FAITH which I'm also missing... hmmm, maybe bonus games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One thing to note is that since its a main bundle they probably (will) add more games in the second week, and with the titles currently there, the potential titles could be promising.

However, I also don't really expect anything newly released, I am expecting good indie games of 2013/2012, as that's what the bundle seems like.

Vecks

Never saw/used that junioronly rule so I'm putting it in there just because it's there.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Vecks:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Papo & Yo -- MB-EBAE3C9DA5CC6A12 - Taken by C4rter. 12 entrants total.

t1389123096z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Stimulator 2013 -- MB-D36A9DAEF2499AD7 - Taken by derExperte

Have fun guys.

Lain

I received an invite for a beta-test of the stress type for Elder Scrolls Online (I never signed for the beta). When it rains, it pours.

Is there a ESO thread around where I could throw the key for someone interested in the game to use?

I received an invite for a beta-test of the stress type for Elder Scrolls Online (I never signed for the beta). When it rains, it pours.

Is there a ESO thread around where I could throw the key for someone interested in the game to use?

I am interested :) I also SIGNED up and got nothing. Woe is me.

I think maybe I'll just take my money and pick up the Swapper instead. Starbound for $10 gone in a blink and none of the bundle games I don't own interest me (except maybe Joe Danger?). I was hoping for some bigger titles in this bundle.

Joe Danger is great. Especially if you liked Excitebike way back when.

So let me get this straight.
I missed the "premium" 1000 spot tier and it was just a copy of Starbound for $10 plus HBX.
Currently HBX is up and the average is high because of this ($8.64 last I saw).
I own all games in the bundle, but they'll be "adding more"... I'm sure they'll add the other Joe Danger and maybe some Bit.Trip games?

Maybe I'll buy one just to ensure I have copies of the soundtracks and give away the keys in here... stay tuned, SteamGAF brethren.

--

Meanwhile, does anyone have a suggestion or two for me to play some besides my normal Spelunky/Risk of Rain/Rogue Legacy type stuff prior to MGR:R showing up Thursday? I think I might try to knock Gone Home and To the Moon out soon, since they're short.

--

Also, I find myself still entertaining the idea of "syncing" my x360 and ps3 console trophies/achievements to Steam through SAM. Like the RE5, RE6, Dark Souls platinums and such... at least for now since I can always go back and use SAM to reset them if I ever actually want to *earn* them again. But I find myself thinking of the 80 hours I spent playing RE6 (probably similar to RE5) to get the platinum and I really only want to play mercs in those games or hop on co-op with a friend and not actually grind that stuff out again.

What do you guys think of the idea of doing this -- if you're an achievement or trophy hunter and you've done that sort of thing on consoles, what do you think of the idea of parity on Steam even if you didn't *actually* earn them on your Steam copy?

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Machinarium -- MB-DDA42B08DADA2C54
F.E.A.R. -- MB-97AB1F7D00446FEF
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-12A861EE7593C722
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-B96EB567552BBD40
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-4E2D1C4C3F95D443
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-0435B9449D7EADF5

t1389133502z1.png

Good luck!

Whools

Ordered while Starbound was available, went while checking out and I don't have a copy. I own everything else.

Says on my page:

At least they're doing refunds.

That's very sound of them, other companies would probably be counting on people like you giving them extra money.

Arthea

I think we'll see this kind of limited copies tier often now, as it helped to boost price of bundle significantly.
and to think that gog invented it !

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Never saw/used that junioronly rule so I'm putting it in there just because it's there.

I dont really like the rule since there are a bunch of great junior members. And I have seen my share of giveaways from juniors.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Another reminder before I take a nap! A sample of things to come!
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Metal Gear Rising #3 -- MB-044FDE43F70CC44B
Metal Gear Rising #2 -- MB-73A276CBC1DD6672
Metal Gear Rising -- MB-D38F7E0AA64D0699

t1389137096z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom