• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

I'm an idiot and bought the Starbound tier for no reason so here.

Use this link with the code.
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starbound -- MB-D1E1CD6335D235A8 - Taken by curlycare. 102 entrants total.

t1389134571z1.png

If anyone knows how to redeem the Pixel Tier Reward manually instead of clicking on the link in the Humble Bundle key page, let me know.

Backlogger

Starbound, from what I've seen and been reading in the OT, is more of a "has the potential to be great" title since it's still alpha, and people are betting on mods to improve the final game even further. I'm not into content creation, but if they make the combat, looting, and questing good...

I'm looking forward to trying it out when I get home tonight. Looking forward to trying out most of the games in this bundle tonight actually. I haven't been this excited about the majority of the games in a bundle for a while

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reposting since I fucked up the raffle timer

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-79EBF9E31FD8F836
Reus -- MB-6224805872556EAF
Runner 2 -- MB-05A4A1E4B10E73A4
Papo & Yo -- MB-7FB676509843C177
To The Moon -- MB-37CE1FC7650BEB3B

t1389132637z1.png

Arthea

I'm an idiot and bought the Starbound tier for no reason so here.

If anyone knows how to redeem the Pixel Tier Reward manually instead of clicking on the link in the Humble Bundle key page, let me know.

Thanks for giving us slowpokes a chance!

Not sure what you mean by manually

Dambrosi

Banned
In case you didn't know: It's from the Terraria makers. And sold a million already.
I did not know that. And it selling a million digicopies changes absolutely nothing about my opinion, so I don't know why you mentioned it.

(FYI, I didn't like the first Terraria, nor Minecraft either. That whole genre seems pointless to me. I'm an old-school arcade gamer at heart - give my sprite a gun and lots of aliens to shoot and I'm there. Yeah, I'm a DadBro, now get orf mah lawn)

Vecks

-Treasure Adventure World. Cool. Treasure Adventure Game is one of my favorite games... Definitely the best Metroid-like on PC. It's too bad no one here plays it :( I'm not sure about the remake, the art isn't my thing, but the game is still golden.

I didn't even know this was on greenlight. Would've voted for sure. Treasure Adventure Game is great.

Backlogger

If you mean like getting a key and entering it into Steam than no. If you want to give it to another Steam account you have to Gift it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Buy the bundle as a gift and sent it via email to the person you want to gift it.
Mmm... I'd rather gift individual games, so people (hopefully) will only get the games they are missing and want to play. But if there's no other way, I'll have to do this then.

Oh well, in the end it's no big deal anyway.

Thanks for Reus m.gorecki, only game I needed from the bundle. Here are some random games I had lying around

ModBot said:
Instructions for YianGaruga:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-0C9FB60366EB0AB9 - Taken by brassica
SATAZIUS -- MB-51F78295DE007382 - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-606C24252A569D20 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-3E45E911323AAF83 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
King's Bounty The Legend -- MB-6E45157956EF8097 - Taken by Kiru
Europa Universalis III Collection -- MB-189824C8BF8B9727 - Taken by Relax.MX

Slyjss

So exactly how good is The Swapper?

I liked Braid and LIMBO and such.

Really good. It's more a puzzle than a platformer, and the final puzzles are REALLY challenging. The atmosphere is great and it also has a plot that will probably keep you awake at nights, wandering about the issues the game talks about.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I did not know that. And it selling a million digicopies changes absolutely nothing about my opinion, so I don't know why you mentioned it.

(FYI, I didn't like the first Terraria, nor Minecraft either. That whole genre seems pointless to me. I'm an old-school arcade gamer at heart - give my sprite a gun and lots of aliens to shoot and I'm there. Yeah, I'm a DadBro, now get orf mah lawn)

Terraria and Minecraft and pretty different, though.

See, Terraria is actually a game with gameplay. It's basically an open-ended multiplayer Metroid.

confuziz

Banned
Really good. It's more a puzzle than a platformer, and the final puzzles are REALLY challenging. The atmosphere is great and it also has a plot that will probably keep you awake at nights, wandering about the issues the game talks about.

Okay I have bought it. Thank you.

Dat backlog though.

Arthea

So exactly how good is The Swapper?

I liked Braid and LIMBO and such.

The idea is interesting, but for whatever reason a game is really really dark on my monitor, I knew it was dark, but it looked more alive in screenshots somehow. It's not very comparable to Braid or Limbo though, as gameplay in the Swapper is based on
cloning yourself and switching your position with clones.
Spoiler just in case, it's not really a spoiler.

rtcn63

Terraria and Minecraft and pretty different, though.

See, Terraria is actually a game with gameplay. It's basically an open-ended multiplayer Metroid.

I've read somewhere that Starbound in its current state is less "game" than Terraria, which worries me. I know, still alpha, but I was expecting something Diablo-esque. (Maybe just me, I'm a sad little short man)

I'm sure it's been asked before, but does anybody know the origin of the title "VVVVVV"? Some possible reasons for the name I've considered are the flipping of gravity (\ / \ / etc), the shape of the spikes, the name of the crew members, and it being the inverse of "AAAAAA" (as in, the sound of the scream one may make while falling, inverted as you inverse the gravity) which I had thought it was the origin since I believe there was a section of the game named this while falling upwards (but I cannot remember for sure). Does anybody know if the developer has specifically state the reason for the name? I've been searching but can't find anything definitive.

EDIT: Coincidentally I finished it, and while I found it highly enjoyable and would certainly recommend it, I was very surprised by how short it was (I finished it in two hours twenty minutes according to the final screen, with some idle time). I woud certainly recommend it, and I'm sure it's highly replayable, but I don't know if I'd have felt comfortable playing the full price.

I feel like I'm so fast on these giveaways but other people are still faster. Must be a matter of seconds. :p

Yeah, I'm so slow that I know I have zero chance unless it is a raffle of some sort. :) This is why every giveaway I do is a raffle, for the slower amongst us! :p

Tellaerin

-One Way Heroics. Nice. I got a key from that giveaway done here a few weeks back. I should probably play this sometime soon.

One-Way Heroics is definitely worth your time. I've already lost a few hours to it.

-Treasure Adventure World. Cool. Treasure Adventure Game is one of my favorite games... Definitely the best Metroid-like on PC. It's too bad no one here plays it :( I'm not sure about the remake, the art isn't my thing, but the game is still golden.

I really enjoyed what I played of Treasure Adventure Game, but I haven't touched it in ages. : ( I think I was trying to help out the inhabitants of this large tree that had fallen ill or something when I stopped. Thanks for reminding me about it - I ought to try and get back to that when I can.

Turfster

Holy shit. Just watched the Alien Isolation teaser trailer. This looks exactly like what I wanted! Now don't ruin it with lots of shootbangs, Sega.
Edit: The preview RPS played contained no shooting of any kind, so that's good.

dani_dc

Looks like it.
Higurashi from the Doujin 2 groupees bundle won't be getting steam keys.
Though at least they never promise they would and then decided no like some other have. Think it was silence on the matter and recently they said no after the greenlight.

Well that's a good way to assure I won't be buying their game.

Dr Dogg

Ok the more I read about Manos the more I have to have this.

Starting Brothers right now!

Too bad it doesn't have cloud saves, have it installed on my laptop as well for couch play.

You can knock it out in 4 hours. Worth playing in one sitting I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom