• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little disappointed by the bundle but will still probably end up picking it up if the week 2 bta games are good. Runner 2, Reus and To The Moon all look decent but nothing mindblowing imo. Starbound would have been great but oh well.

Another reminder before I take a nap! A sample of things to come!

Where's the bit about the fucking ridiculously awesome music in that image?

I sitll can't get them out of my head. I listen to them at the gym on a regular basis because they amp me up so much... AND I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT TO TAKE ON THE FINAL BOSS IN REVENGEANCE MODE AGAIN WITH THAT MUSIC CRANKED UP!

Colin.

Yup got that too, I wonder if its worth waiting or if this is just BS.

As a realist
cynic
I think it's pretty unlikely. And I have all the lower tier games, as well as Starbound (wanted to gift it) So it isn't worth the risk for me. But if you don't have any of the lower tier games, it is a pretty great bundle. Loved To the Moon.

maty

Does anybody know how to buy and gift multiple copies of the bundle? Do I buy them all as gifts, or should I buy them for myself one at a time, gift every game and then buy another?

Buy the bundle as a gift and sent it via email to the person you want to gift it.

feel

Already have To The Moon and Papo&Yo, and only kinda want Surgeon Sim (but that goes on sale for $2.50 so I'm definitely not BTAing for it), so I'm skipping this thing unless the added games are great (doubtful). Can't believe how disappointing HBX turned out for me. Damn.

nexen

I'm sure it is something on my end but Enhanced Steam no longer functions in my wishlist or badge page. Works fine in the store. :(

Dambrosi

Banned
So, the big surprise was Starbound, eh? A big ol' MEH to that. Just a flavour-of-the-month Terraria clone. Eff that.

Also, here's my spare Papo & Yo (and Juniors are welcome to try for it):

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dambrosi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Papo & Yo -- MB-E9B37FF68FC3B26E - Taken by fernandes

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So, the big surprise was Starbound, eh? A big ol' MEH to that. Just a flavour-of-the-month Terraria clone. Eff that.

Also, here's my spare Papo & Yo (and Juniors are welcome to try for it):

It's a good thing you have an anime avatar and I just ignore what you write anyway.

Knurek

Not that I want to give Humble guys any ideas, but if they really want to drive the BTA price up, they should have done hourly Starbound pickups. Say, 500 copies every hour for $10.

Arthea

Not that I want to give Humble guys any ideas, but if they really want to drive the BTA price up, they should have done hourly Starbound pickups. Say, 500 copies every hour for $10.

you are giving them ideas!
Not that gog haven't done enough harm and plenty of ideas with insomnia sale already (><)

Nabs

-Ethan: Meteor Hunter was just in the latest Groupees. Nice. Now give me cards.

-Manos the Hands of Fate finally got through, morningbus should be happy.

-Marvin's Mittens! Finally. That's a GAF game, and it's pretty good!

-One Way Heroics. Nice. I got a key from that giveaway done here a few weeks back. I should probably play this sometime soon.

-Treasure Adventure World. Cool. Treasure Adventure Game is one of my favorite games... Definitely the best Metroid-like on PC. It's too bad no one here plays it :( I'm not sure about the remake, the art isn't my thing, but the game is still golden.

Tenrius

Imminent tears.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-0306728866DF1980 - Taken by VikasNarula

rtcn63

Starbound, from what I've seen and been reading in the OT, is more of a "has the potential to be great" title since it's still alpha, and people are betting on mods to improve the final game even further. I'm not into content creation, but if they make the combat, looting, and questing good...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
-Treasure Adventure World. Cool. Treasure Adventure Game is one of my favorite games... Definitely the best Metroid-like on PC. It's too bad no one here plays it :( I'm not sure about the remake, the art isn't my thing, but the game is still golden.

The art style is making it hard, but I'm still on board if the gameplay is as good as the original.

m.gorecki

I won To the Moon and Papo & Yo from gaffers a few months back. Time to give these great experiences to someone else. Also, some other games too.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-98F8873A1F9B0182 - Taken by angular graphics
Reus -- MB-524B835611098F37 - Taken by YianGaruga
Papo & Yo -- MB-9A2A34D95749AF67 - Taken by kevin1025
To the Moon -- MB-3676D16EE17DA17A - Taken by confuziz

D3RANG3D

-Ethan: Meteor Hunter was just in the latest Groupees. Nice. Now give me cards.

-Manos the Hands of Fate finally got through, morningbus should be happy.

-Marvin's Mittens! Finally. That's a GAF game, and it's pretty good!

-One Way Heroics. Nice. I got a key from that giveaway done here a few weeks back. I should probably play this sometime soon.

I pimped Treasure Adventure Game in one of the first Indie threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom