• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwell

Count me in the same boat regarding BF2, I was all excited to hear it was coming expecting a $20 price tag like in retail stores, but no go. I was going to get a second copy since the patch process prior to 1.5 sucks (still sucks for me as I had to jump through some hoops to get it installed on Win 7 64bit) But at least with 1.5 I don't need to use the CD anymore so when my friends come over they can just sign in with their login and we can play together on my gaming comps.

I've noticed that lately that Steam (read game companies I know its not steam's fault) haven't been as quick to lower the price to retail level lately. But at least they still have some great sales that make me bite from time to time.

b.e.r.g

Tim-E said:
Still a good deal! :D

Btw, noticed that the game indeed has a time trial. I don't know if that was the DLC referred to earlier, but it sure is a part of the Steam release. It let's you replay the chapters you've beaten but with a timer.

I also notice the world record for the first track was 3 seconds =/ Hope it's not over hacked.

Javaman

A bit off topic, but in Godfather for the PC how the hell do you swing the bat? I hadn't had any trouble figuring out any of the other controls and can't find anything about it in walkthroughs or message boards.

Edit: Must be a bug with the game. I found in a FAQ that q,w,e should swing it. What a crock.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
b.e.r.g said:
Still a good deal! :D

Btw, noticed that the game indeed has a time trial. I don't know if that was the DLC referred to earlier, but it sure is a part of the Steam release. It let's you replay the chapters you've beaten but with a timer.

I also notice the world record for the first track was 3 seconds =/ Hope it's not over hacked.

The DLC they were referring to was like a... trippy... non... real floating box kind of time trial. It wasn't free, it won't be in the Steam release.

zoku88

Slavik81 said:
And yet its the top-seller of the bunch...
Well, I suppose it just proves that in any mass population, there are a bunch of idiots. Only way companies can continue these kinds of things

*Note, if, perchance, that didn't make sense, it's because im currently fighting a bout of insomnia,

b.e.r.g

Hawkian said:
The DLC they were referring to was like a... trippy... non... real floating box kind of time trial. It wasn't free, it won't be in the Steam release.
Ah yeah I recall those. Thought they where some "pre-order exclusive" or something. Well I can live fine without :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They looked cool, but there is plenty of parkour-itch-scratching fun in the included speed runs and time trials.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If BF2 can sell that well at 30$, when EA finally drops it during a sale or something it will easily jump to #1.... which should show EA that BF3 needs to remain a PC exclusive (which they hinted at I think) and maintain all that was good an awesome on BF2.

spotlight.jpg

Save 50% on all Hitman games including The Hitman Collection.
Deal ends Monday.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Submarino Conversível said:
Save 50% on all Hitman games including The Hitman Collection.Deal ends Monday.

Bought. At 10$ this stuff isn't even processed in my brain before I hit the purchase button. (I won the whole series on discs)

ArjanN

graywolf323 said:
too bad Hitman: Contracts still isn't up on Steam...

This. "All Hitman games" my ass.

Sure, contracts has some remake levels, but the original levels are some of the best in the series IMO.

Get this if you don't have it. I already own all 4 games twice.

Mrbob

It is like Valve read my mind.

I saw Hitman Trilogy on PS2 for 20 bucks and almost picked it up. But then I thought about it and realized I need to play these games on PC. And the weekend deal is here! Bought!

Defense Grid: the Awakening price drops to $9.99/£6.99/€8.99 - no excuses, grab it if you haven't yet! :)

What if I want to wait for it to be 5 bucks again first? :p

legend166

Is Hitman easily playable with the mouse/KB?

I've got a wired 360 control but since I doubt it would support that I couldn't be bothered doing it all manually.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
It is like Valve read my mind.

I saw Hitman Trilogy on PS2 for 20 bucks and almost picked it up. But then I thought about it and realized I need to play these games on PC. And the weekend deal is here! Bought!

Too bad you won't gain ground on me. I'm buying it!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
legend166 said:
Is Hitman easily playable with the mouse/KB?

I've got a wired 360 control but since I doubt it would support that I couldn't be bothered doing it all manually.
Extremely.

Slavik81

K.Jack said:
So what's the Yay/Nay on Red Alert 3.
The game itself is awesome and beautiful. It is Red Alert 3 in all the ways it should be.

The cutscenes, however, are a horrendous downgrade from the previous Red Alert games.

Red

I just promised myself today: no more Steam games. Too much money spent. You don't have that kind of cash.

And now they've gone and done this. Valve, you really need to stop taking my money.
Submarino Conversível said:
spotlight.jpg

Save 50% on all Hitman games including The Hitman Collection.
Deal ends Monday.

kuYuri

I'm thinking since Contracts isn't on Steam, I'll just buy the Hitman Trilogy from retail and just buy Hitman: Codename 47 alone from Steam and have all the Hitman games at once.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GAH I HAVE BOUGHT TOO MANY GAMES STEAM STOP HAVING SUCH GOOD DEALS.

Scale of 1-10, how good a deal is this and how good are the games regardless of price? :[

scarybore

Sweet, was going to buy the Hitman games at Chistmas to replace my disc copies so this is certainly well timed. Any serious problems I should know about with Codename 47 on Vista/Windows 7?

Ogs said:

I've always been puzzled as to why it's not on Steam so it's nice to finally have an explanation. Still, you would have thought that they would remove the sound file in question to get around this problem but I guess IO Interactive must be really busy.

I heard Blood Money is kinda wonky on Vista. Hope people will tell me otherwise.

I think I had some crashes on Vista but I always put that down to using a no-cd crack that may have been a little wonky. Can't remember any other issues but it was a while ago since I last played the game.

legend166

Codename 47 is crashing on me whenever I try to enter the options.

I'm on 64bit Windows 7. I'll change the compatability and see what happens.

I haven't played a single Hitman game... will bite if the verdict on Windows 7 64-bit compatibility for these games comes in positive despite my insane backlog.

Hinomura

Mrbob said:
What if I want to wait for it to be 5 bucks again first? :p
Well, probably it's not going to happen so soon, and in the meantime you're preventing yourself to play the best tower defense fixed grid based game! :p

Smash88

Banned
brochiller said:
header.jpg

$25 now.

Worth it? Been thinking about picking this one up for a while.

They fixed a lot of glitches/bugs since release, and are still working on. For $25 you can't go wrong. If you like the total war series, then you will like this. Also be sure you are interested in this time period and the tactics they used. There are still bugs/glitches, and very few play multiplayer. It is worth it at this price, but full price I would not get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom