• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Leonsito said:
So... if I preorder L4D2 with 3 more friends it's about 25€ each one, holy shit.
wait what?!
someone needs to make a eurofriends system so we all get a cheap game.

also gaffers I'm pretty new to PC gaming and don't do it a lot but I'm gonna bite for L4D2, whats a good headset to buy for steam?

Leonsito

catfish said:
wait what?!
someone needs to make a eurofriends system so we all get a cheap game.

also gaffers I'm pretty new to PC gaming and don't do it a lot but I'm gonna bite for L4D2, whats a good headset to buy for steam?

If I'm reading it right...

Pre-Purchase Left 4 Dead 2 - Four Pack 113,99€ -> 102,59€

Includes four copies of Left 4 Dead 2 - Send the extra copies to your friends and you'll all get early access to the demo and exclusive in-game baseball bat.

I'm so preordering today, already have the yes of three friends :D

http://www.bitmob.com/index.php/mobfeed/oddworld-inhabitants-interview-with-lorne-lanning.html

So yes, we will be seeing more from Oddworld. Regarding the library, we are in the process of converting Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath to the PC, so that all four of the major Oddworld games will be re-releasing this winter in a package called "The Oddbox." This will be the Abe games, Munch, and Stranger as one package for Steam's digital distribution network, as well as a few other digital distribution outlets.

Can't wait for this, I missed out on the Xbox games and I've heard very good things. Never did own the Abe games but I borrowed them a bunch, be nice to have then and maybe finally complete um.

Capndrake

Des0lar said:
Why is it 134€ where I live? ;(
For some stupid reason, Europe is divided into "tiers" on Steam, some countries (Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, and a few others) pay more than any other region while others (Spain, Italy, Norway and more) pay about 20% less than that.

senahorse

Smash88 said:
They fixed a lot of glitches/bugs since release, and are still working on. For $25 you can't go wrong. If you like the total war series, then you will like this. Also be sure you are interested in this time period and the tactics they used. There are still bugs/glitches, and very few play multiplayer. It is worth it at this price, but full price I would not get it.

Alright thanks. I love this time period so I guess I'll have to pick it up then.

Polk said:
In UK it's even better deal, 4xL4D2 is about 88€.
wait, what? Ok, so is there a UK gaffer who has not bought L4D2 yet?

And just to get things right: If I get it gifted by a uk gamer I have the uncut version as well, right?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
bought the hitman collection thanks to a cool guy that helped me, gonna star with Silent Assasin and then move on inmediately to Blood money.

ArjanN

Capndrake said:
For some stupid reason, Europe is divided into "tiers" on Steam, some countries (Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, and a few others) pay more than any other region while others (Spain, Italy, Norway and more) pay about 20% less than that.

I knew it! I knew the Netherlands were God tier.

Painkiller Black on Steam including expansion for $9.99

Edit: It's free if you purchase Painkiller Resurrection which is also a special at $26.99 instead of $29.99.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
LovingSteam said:
I'd say it would be better to pick this one up on GoG. No DRM and GoG is more worth supporting, at least imo.

And if anyone here hasn't played Painkiller, the graphics still hold up and the game is truly awesome. Very fun game.

LovingSteam said:

Edit: It's free if you purchase Painkiller Resurrection which is also a special at $26.99 instead of $29.99.

Very fun bang bang shooty shooty game, but yea, if you can, grab it on GoG instead of Steam.

Helmholtz

Leonsito said:
Holy shit!

Maybe we should start a "Neogaf user searching for a foursome" thread :lol
Actually, I'm pretty sure a lot of GAFers are already doing that in the l4d2 preorder thread. I did this with some of my buddies a few days ago as well. Good deal.

Zzoram

Capndrake[B said:
]For some stupid reason, Europe is divided into "tiers" on Steam[/B], some countries (Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, and a few others) pay more than any other region while others (Spain, Italy, Norway and more) pay about 20% less than that.

Isn't it possible that those tiers are directly related to publishing rights? We know that digital sales are still bound to regional publishing deals.

LovingSteam said:
just keep in mind that the new painkiller expansion/game, painkiller resurrection, isn't made by people can fly, nor farm 51, but the knuckleheads at homegrown games http://www.homegrowngames.at/index_en.html

robert d. anderson and the legacy of cthulhu is pretty much one of the worst games ever. and just a little while ago they weren't working on painkiller resurrection but anderson II rise of r'lyeh. this stuff is almost dark apes, or sniper path of vengeance quality. jowood is pretty annoying at finding teams like this to do their 'big franchise' expansions. see the gothic3 expansion by trine games.

mandiller

Is anyone else going to do a 4 pack here on Neogaf? I live in Australia and would be down if someone in the US wanted to start a 4 pack. With any luck maybe I'll get the uncensored version that way.

I have paypal so I'm ready to go.

Ledsen

Capndrake said:

Why the fuck would NORWAY of all countries pay less? They're filthy rich the bastards :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
gregor7777 said:
Valve must have realized they were on to something good with these 4 packs. :lol
Valve has been the only company that seems to understand proper pricing and how to get people to jump in on it.

Both L4D2, and Borderlands are heavy 4 player coop games, It just makes too much sense.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If anyone in the UK is interested in splitting a Borderlands 4pack I'd be interested, works out a few quid cheaper than getting the US one.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Cool, put me in for a copy then, let me know when you've bought it and I'll PayPal you the money.

adg1034

Posted this in the Borderlands discussion thread, too, but if anyone is interested in going in on a US four pack, let me know.

adg1034 said:
Posted this in the Borderlands discussion thread, too, but if anyone is interested in going in on a US four pack, let me know.
Region dosen't matter, you can gift to another country (I had someone on here in the USA gift me L4D2). But the UK version is a tad cheaper than the US version.

adg1034

darkpaladinmfc said:
Region dosen't matter, you can gift to another country (I had someone on here in the USA gift me L4D2). But the UK version is a tad cheaper than the US version.

You're absolutely right. My mistake.

x3n05 said:
I am in for a copy of Borderlands if someone else is doing a buy in.
I'm still looking for one person for a 4 pack. Both me and one other guy preordered already, so we're waiting to hear back from Valve about cancelling the preorders (which they should honor, according to the support page), but that should be all wrapped up by Wednesday at the latest.

I bought the oddworld pack and damn is this game hard!

I wanna buy painkiller, but when i tried the demo, for some reason, it runs extremely fast. Anyone know why?

dani_dc

randomlyrossy said:
http://www.bitmob.com/index.php/mobfeed/oddworld-inhabitants-interview-with-lorne-lanning.html

Can't wait for this, I missed out on the Xbox games and I've heard very good things. Never did own the Abe games but I borrowed them a bunch, be nice to have then and maybe finally complete um.
Nice :D
Glad I didn't pick up Oddworld pack last week.

Don't think I'll be able to resist Hitman pack this week though.

Been wanting to buy the retail version of this for awhile, though for this price and for convenience sake I might go digital.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey, I think i'll use the 10 bucks I'm saving from a Borderlands 4-pack to get the hitman games!

It's worth it?

senahorse

Hawkian said:
Hey, I think i'll use the 10 bucks I'm saving from a Borderlands 4-pack to get the hitman games!

It's worth it?

Personally I would just get Blood Money, but that's because I can't stand old 3D games. As for Blood Money it still looks the part and plays well on Windows 7 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom