• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burli

Pringo
Hi Guys, need some help.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit and Steam is being a bitch.

When I start it up I get the 'Connecting to Steam account" message, then after that goes, nothing. The steam icon is in my taskbar but if I right click it and choose a window, such as the games windows, the icon just dissapears and nothing happens. Same can be said for the main icon in my taskbar, if I click it nothing happens other than the "connecting" message.

I've tried re-installing, didn't work, it won't let me run Steam in Vista compatability mode either - any ideas, or anyone else with this problem? It was working a few weeks ago when I last tried so I'm stumped.

Thanks for any help.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
MisterRoboto said:
I bought the oddworld pack and damn is this game hard!

I wanna buy painkiller, but when i tried the demo, for some reason, it runs extremely fast. Anyone know why?

If you go to the Steam Painkiller forums some other people are having issues with it. I guess it has to do with using a multi-core AMD processor.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Titan Quest/Titan Quest:IT is still available from D2D for $5, for people who are interested.

Javaman

DirtRiver said:
I am not being able to buy Titan Quest by itself, I only can buy the Gold Pack :angry: Any ideas?

You definitely would want the expansion since it not only adds content but UI improvements as well. If you get it, run the game with the expansion pack executable and you can play through the original campaign with the improvements.

DirtRiver said:
I am not being able to buy Titan Quest by itself, I only can buy the Gold Pack :angry: Any ideas?

They took out the ability to buy Titan Quest and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne separately a long time ago. You can only buy them as a package now.

Also, NBA2k10 is now up for purchase.

Davidion

Quadrophenic said:
Anyone else interested in a Borderlands 4-pack? My friend wants in too, so we have two people now....

I'm in for a 4pk.

Am also potentially interested in a L4D2 pack buy if anyone's doing that.

I've done business in the buy/sell thread here with good rep, play on numerous board members on Steam and other platforms, etc.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Davidion said:
I'm in for a 4pk.
Am also potentially interested in a L4D2 pack buy if anyone's doing that.
I might have both games for you. I'm one person short on L4D2 and on Borderlands.

I've just posted a steam support ticket to cancel my original Borderlands preorder. That way, you could just paypal me the money once (including the paypal tax).

Let me know.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It kills me that my brother has a shitty rig. He has/is getting Borderlands, L4D, L4d2 excetera on 360. Can't even play DOW2 co-op campaign with him. Pathetic.

Davidion

Quadrophenic said:
Sweet. I'll PM both you the paypal info.

Cool, will await the info. :)

drizzle said:
I might have both games for you. I'm one person short on L4D2 and on Borderlands.

I've just posted a steam support ticket to cancel my original Borderlands preorder. That way, you could just paypal me the money once (including the paypal tax).

Let me know.

Well, I already agreed to this past Borderlands buy so I don't wish to dick anyone over. However, if you're interested, I'm still in for L4D2.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question: i wanna format my PC so that i can install windows again, however i don't want to reinstall all of my steam games that i already have on my computer. Is there a way i can skip reinstalling my steam games once i format my PC?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gexecuter said:
Quick question: i wanna format my PC so that i can install windows again, however i don't want to reinstall all of my steam games that i already have on my computer. Is there a way i can skip reinstalling my steam games once i format my PC?

Right click on the game and do the back up option. I just keep backups on my hard drive so I set it so it does it in one big data chunk. Then after you re-install steam you can go click the back up file and it will "install it"

Gexecuter said:
You could just copy your steamapps folder over to a backup drive and then just move it back over after you reinstall steam.

x3n05 said:
Personally I would just get Blood Money, but that's because I can't stand old 3D games. As for Blood Money it still looks the part and plays well on Windows 7 :D

so do the earlier games do anything better? or is blood money like the pinnacle of them all?

Facism

Davidion said:
Cool, will await the info. :)

Well, I already agreed to this past Borderlands buy so I don't wish to dick anyone over. However, if you're interested, I'm still in for L4D2.

[edit]spot gone.

epmode

CrookedRain said:
You could just copy your steamapps folder over to a backup drive and then just move it back over after you reinstall steam.
Yeah, but this doesn't copy any registry settings. It's probably better to use the in-Steam backup function.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LovingSteam said:
My buddy didn't say but most likely it will offer the special edition that D2D is offering.

I just checked the D2D site and their special edition has all the stuff I was looking for so as long as Steam is consistent with that I'm happy. Hopefully as DLC releases it will show up on Steam too, unlike Mass Effect which forgot that Steam existed.

Tim-E

theMrCravens said:
For 5-10$ it's a no-brainer...

..but without a Battle.net type lobby or friends playing this with you, it can get boring.

I have 3 other friends that play it frequently, so I never have trouble there. It's so cheap, you can force your friends to buy it!

Tim-E said:
I have 3 other friends that play it frequently, so I never have trouble there. It's so cheap, you can force your friends to buy it!

or just buy it for them (that's what I did) and it's worked out well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom