• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambles

Eaten By A Grue said:
Oh no, midweek madness? Civ Complete pack for $20?

Sounds like this is only the beginning for my wallet to get raped twice a week now.

1fvgjn.gif

I know how you feel. Preferring physical media I was recently looking at the retail copy that sells for 45 CAD, for about 20 CAD less from steam I might be tempted to give into DD like I did with HL2 and L4D. How long will this sale last?

Thomper said:
Today's THQ-deal seems to be 50% off on Dawn of War 2 and other Dawn of War titles.

So this is strange:

Dawn of War Complete Pack = $55

however,

Dawn of War II ($20) + Dawn of War Platinum (Original, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade($15)) + Soulstorm ($15) = $50

So, you can save 5 bucks by not going for the pack, but getting the component parts separately. Is Platinum available in all territories?

Blizzard

Banned
Toby said:
I didn't think I would like it much either, but after buying it last week in the D2D sale I was hooked. Ended up having to pry myself away from it after playing 17 hours in two days.

I plan on buying this complete package just for the expansion packs, maybe I can use my extra copy to get my friend addicted.
Just remember, in almost all cases (except for some by Valve) you can't gift any duplicate copies to friends as part of a package. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Oh God, Dawn of War 2 at 20$ again. Maybe I'll pick it up for my girlfriend, and then get her into Space Hulk 3rd ED. if I can find a copy on eBay.

Sloegr

Blizzard said:
Just remember, in almost all cases (except for some by Valve) you can't gift any duplicate copies to friends as part of a package. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

He can gift his D2D copy, though ;)

Is Dawn of War 2 worth getting just for the co-op single player and the new patch gamemode? I tried the multiplayer beta and didn't really like it, but I have a few friends who would co-op and play Last Stand if I picked it up.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
ElJuice said:
Is Dawn of War 2 worth getting just for the co-op single player and the new patch gamemode? I tried the multiplayer beta and didn't really like it, but I have a few friends who would co-op and play Last Stand if I picked it up.
A thousand yeses cried out over the warp.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Dawn of War 2?

Bought.

LOVED the demo, but didn't have the money at the time to buy it at the time (college).

Dreavus

ElJuice said:
He can gift his D2D copy, though ;)

I would say yes. The single player might not be for everyone, but it is pretty fun finding loot and leveling up. Storyline has a few cool twists as well.

I posted my last stand impressions in the other thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352727&page=21

It's looking good so far! :D

Kosma said:
Lol I just saw that Wolfenstein is 60 euro :lol

Wtf are they thinking? :lol
Pricing on Steam is shit (Germany here, so no Wolfenstein at all :lol ) - you can get pretty much everything that's not on a super sale much cheaper when you import from the UK. Hell, even local Amazon is cheaper in most cases - they really dropped the ball imo.

Mrbob

The Last Stand add on for Dawn of War 2 is awesome!

This game is a no brainer for 20 dollars. Co op campaign is second to none, online multi is great, and TLS add on is fantastic. I played it nearly 3 hours tonight!

I'm completely out of the Civ loop, although I was a massive fan of the original back in the day, in addition to Colonization. Is Civ4 a worthy entry in the series?

SabinFigaro said:
I'm completely out of the Civ loop, although I was a massive fan of the original back in the day, in addition to Colonization. Is Civ4 a worthy entry in the series?

Of course! The vanilla is a bit dull late game, but with Beyond The Sword it's perfect. Excellent mod community too, Fall From Heaven II alone makes the game worth it.

Rufus

Phife Dawg said:
Pricing on Steam is shit (Germany here, so no Wolfenstein at all :lol ) - you can get pretty much everything that's not on a super sale much cheaper when you import from the UK. Hell, even local Amazon is cheaper in most cases - they really dropped the ball imo.
Which is why I only buy Steam games when they are on sale. I can't think of one that cost me more than 10€, actually. :lol

I managed to switch CoH to English by now, btw. There's a locale.ini in the games' folder, I just had to change the sole value from German to English. What's with not having a language selector anyway? (Hell, why not have one pre download, so I don't have to download as much?)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mrbob said:
The Last Stand add on for Dawn of War 2 is awesome!

This game is a no brainer for 20 dollars. Co op campaign is second to none, online multi is great, and TLS add on is fantastic. I played it nearly 3 hours tonight!

Except it does the stupid Halo thing where co-op is with friends only. If finding Firefight people is a pain, imagine trying to find people on a PC RTS. Yeesh. :lol

Ormberg

Firehead said:
Civilization IV: The Complete Edition is also 50% today.
Does anyone know if this offer will still be available 10 hours from now?

Proxy from work tells Steam I'm from another country and won't let me buy :\

Sloegr

Ormberg said:
Does anyone know if this offer will still be available 10 hours from now?

Proxy from work tells Steam I'm from another country and won't let me buy :\

Steam says that the deal ends Friday, so you should be OK.

Mrbob

firehawk12 said:
Except it does the stupid Halo thing where co-op is with friends only. If finding Firefight people is a pain, imagine trying to find people on a PC RTS. Yeesh. :lol

?

You can use matchmaking to find others to play with.

Ormberg

What a load of crap!

Steam has Civ IV for 50% off but. £12.49 in Uk but 19.99€ in rest of EU!?

RAGE!

I'm still buying though... :\

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Kifimbo said:
Is there a problem with the PC version of Saints Row 2 ? A 72 Metacritic rating ?

I haven't tried running it myself, but apparently the performance is terrible even on higher end machines and there are a ton of bugs. There will also apparently never be an official patch to solve these problems, either.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Kifimbo said:
Is there a problem with the PC version of Saints Row 2 ? A 72 Metacritic rating ?
It is pretty poorly optimized, considering what is up on the screen, you don't expect it to chug on halfway decent hardware but it does. Apparently it is mainly CPU bound, so decreasing effects helps little with the framerate.

Kifimbo said:

While driving, when you enter a "new" section (which is almost, all the time) the game chugs while it loads it up, so driving becomes a complete fucking pain in the ass as your control goes up the shitter every 10 seconds. This is my main problem with the game, along with fuck all mouse control on the menus which could of easily been implemented.

KiKaL

I have Saint's Row 2 and haven't had an issues at all. I've put in about 6 hours and like it. I can say though I just recently upgraded and my old system that could run Far Cry 2 and UT3 decently couldn't run Saint's Row 2 at all. I have a high end system now and it runs perfectly fine. It seems the most important thing is CPU speed because that, mobo and ram is all I upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom