• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Brettison said:
Steam just updated and it's now equipped with Win 7 taskbar features. Pin it to your taskbarm and you can right click now for your Steam jumplist!:D

Does this mean they are finally going to update the Minimize Steam warning with a screenshot of Windows 7 instead of old ass XP?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It took me a bit to figure this out, but if you are downloading a game on Steam on Windows 7, the icon will show the progress in the background behind the Steam thing. Totally sweet.

nice @ Win 7 support!

I did a screenshot to show it to a friend of mine:

steam_win7.png

Hopefully theyl lock it into position and remove the notification area icon. Pinning it does work but you dont get the download progress bar when you close it.

Hero

Ogs said:
Hopefully theyl lock it into position and remove the notification area icon. Pinning it does work but you dont get the download progress bar when you close it.

Right now I'm downloading the Left 4 Dead 2 demo and while it's pinned to my taskbar it shows the "4" logo and a green/red mix, green is the % that the demo is downloaded.

legend166

Hitman Blood Money doesn't show up in my recently played despite the fact that's all I've been playing the last week.

Also, any idea when ToMI Episode 4 is coming out? Must be in the next couple of days, right?

Hero said:
Right now I'm downloading the Left 4 Dead 2 demo and while it's pinned to my taskbar it shows the "4" logo and a green/red mix, green is the % that the demo is downloaded.

Did you minimize the steam window or click close ?

b.e.r.g

God damnit! Please, someone, is it normal for STALKER to have these constant hiccups? It freezes up for about half a second ever so often! I peek around the corner, freeze, dead!

Twig

Banned
b.e.r.g said:
God damnit! Please, someone, is it normal for STALKER to have these constant hiccups? It freezes up for about half a second ever so often! I peek around the corner, freeze, dead!
I don't remember having such a problem, but STALKER is notoriously buggy.

You might want to look into some mods, I think they fix bugs here and there? I've never used any, personally, but hey.

Twig

Banned
Salaadin said:
Does Steam ever try and copy sales? Id like to buy this but would rather get from steam.
Not really but it's almost Christmas, and Steam DOES have an after-Christmas sale where EVERYTHING drops price at least a little. If you really want it on Steam, I'm willing to bet Bloodlines will drop to about that price from the day after Christmas until... about a week later, I think.

D2D clearly don't want my money, evertime I attempt to buy somthing I get a 'not available in your region' message - then I switch to the UK version of the site to find that a $4.95 game is priced £19.99 in the UK, more even than on Steam :/

graywolf323

Submarino Conversível said:
Actually, there's some nice stuff on their Halloween Sale:

http://www.direct2drive.com/staticpage.aspx?topic=halloween

wouldn't surprise me if Steam puts some of those games on sale as well

TheOneGuy said:
Not really but it's almost Christmas, and Steam DOES have an after-Christmas sale where EVERYTHING drops price at least a little. If you really want it on Steam, I'm willing to bet Bloodlines will drop to about that price from the day after Christmas until... about a week later, I think.

don't forget we still have the weekend deal coming either tomorrow or Friday

Bootaaay said:
D2D clearly don't want my money, evertime I attempt to buy somthing I get a 'not available in your region' message - then I switch to the UK version of the site to find that a $4.95 game is priced £19.99 in the UK, more even than on Steam :/

Same. At least I was able to get Bioshock, it's the only place available to me since everywhere else is region locked and the physical copies that are sold here are imported and cost a lot more than the games that are officially distributed.

Salaadin

I gunna wait it out then. It wont be hard with my current backlog.

STeam is the worst thing to ever happen to me. I find myself on the store everyday just browsing and spending half the night convincing myself to NOT buy stuff. Shit.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Salaadin said:
STeam is the worst thing to ever happen to me. I find myself on the store everyday just browsing and spending half the night convincing myself to NOT buy stuff. Shit.
Steam is deviously genius. It's like having a store of something you appreciate inside your house 24/7 taunting you with stuff you want.

I love it. I hate it. I love to hate it.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Salaadin said:
I gunna wait it out then. It wont be hard with my current backlog.

The constant deals they put out, make it even worse.:lol

Salaadin

Does that Unreal pack ever go on sale?
I already own Unreal 1, UT2k4 (lost CD key) and UT3 (PS3) but still want it so I can play UT2k4 again, play the superior version of UT3, and finally get to play Unreal 2.

Capndrake

Salaadin said:
I already own Unreal 1, UT2k4 (lost CD key) and UT3 (PS3) but still want it so I can play UT2k4 again, play the superior version of UT3, and finally get to play Unreal 2.
It was on sale about a month and a half ago.

Sloegr

Salaadin said:

IIRC, the Unreal Pack and UT3 were on sale last month.

Salaadin said:
Damn. I didnt have a PC a month and a half ago :lol
Im in no rush to play them but Id love to get back into UT again.

Just wait until boxing day, the Unreal Deal pack has been on sale a few times, its bound to get a significant price cut in the Boxing day bonanza.

Bebpo

Banned
Uh, I know steam is having problems with all the server stuff for L4D2 demo but ALL MY GIFT OPTIONS HAVE DISAPPEARED

This is bad because I just spent $135 on 4 copies of L4D2 and I'm about to get paid for the other 3 but...I can't gift them.

wtffff

Bebpo

Banned
Nm, they're still there if I go under games->manage gift and guest passes. They just aren't showing up as "x extra copies" on my game list screen anymore. Hmm...

kai3345

Banned
So GAF I just activated my debit card today and I'm lookin for something to purchase.

Can GAF recommend me some good cheap games (preferably around 10 bucks, but if its really good 20 bucks is my max)

I'm packing an ATI Radeon 9600 so I'm obviously looking for something that will look at least decent and run well.

here's what I already have
fctw8y.png

kai3345 said:
So GAF I just activated my debit card today and I'm lookin for something to purchase.

Can GAF recommend me some good cheap games (preferably around 10 bucks, but if its really good 20 bucks is my max)

I'm packing an ATI Radeon 9600 so I'm obviously looking for something that will look at least decent and run well.

here's what I already have
http://i36.tinypic.com/fctw8y.png

Deus Ex. Stat.

Slavik81

Archie said:
The Witcher is so good. It looks like a PS2 game on my system, but oh man I love it.
Sometimes I think it's better just to have the game sitting at either end of the spectrum.

I was playing Assassin's Creed the other day. First with the highest settings. It looked great. Then with the lowest settings. It looked weird, like a totally different game. Not as cool as on high, but entertaining anyways.

The things in the middle, however, were awful. Particularly if there was any pop-in. Being anywhere close to the high settings just made all the flaws more annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom