• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Well apparently someone worked at Valve today:

Pre-purchase Napoleon: Total War™ and get Royal Scots Greys elite unit!
November 26, 2009, 8:59 am - Valve
Pre-purchase Napoleon: Total War™ on Steam and receive the Royal Scots Greys elite unit, for use in both single player and multiplayer game modes.

Or pre-purchase the Imperial Edition of Napoleon: Total War™ on Steam and receive the Royal Scots Greys elite unit, plus a free copy of Medieval II: Total War™ to play right away.

Big-E

I am glad that I I didn't buy the Lucas Arts pack today as I notice that the sale for that and the THQ pack is good till Monday. Now I can wait to see how much damage is done during the rest of the days and pick that up if I am still alive after Valve's evil deeds.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's the perfect "chillax" game. I don't think I've even been so immediately relaxed by a videogame before. First time you zoom out is a nice holy shit moment as well.

Orgun

Fuuuuuuuu, I think i'm gonna have to stop checking the deals section. Just bought Fallen Earth as well >_<

That was very much a "Hey it's cheap and i'm curious so i'll give it a go! ...Sort of like an Amsterdam hooker" thought process

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Boom! Left4Dead 2 for the slower people.

star wars kotor - 2,49
majesty 2 - 9,99
left4dead 2 - 37,49
cities xl - 24,99
madballs in babo invasion - 2,00
mini ninjas - 14,99
dead space - 14,99

All prices in USD

Dead Space is an awesome game. Is Cities XL as broken as the Beta was?

I asked this question in the deal thread, but let me ask here:

does anyone know why the hell I can't play mission 4 of Company of Heroes on Steam once the action starts? It crashes almost instantly once I build my base. Also, the framerate doesn't lock.

I have Vista 64bit on a Q6600 with 4 gigs of RAM and an ATI HD 4890. Is my ram too low?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ah, not having one am i likely best avoiding?

CoLaN

Jut bought Madballs in babo. A lot of features, online play... so i can play a little nice game here and there between my main games, instead of some shitty free to play titles :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
GhostRidah said:
amazing, then again I did play it with my wired 360 controller which mad it 10 times better imo

It plays phenomenal with the mouse and keyboard, you just have to turn off v-sync in the video options and the mouse lag disappears. You can force v-sync/triple-buffering externally and there will be no mouse lag.

Stallion Free said:
It plays phenomenal with the mouse and keyboard, you just have to turn off v-sync in the video options and the mouse lag disappears. You can force v-sync/triple-buffering externally and there will be no mouse lag.

People say this, and yet even at a rock solid 60fps the mouse control still felt janky and laggy to me. It was better, sure, but still pretty inferior to using a 360 pad.

Mrbob

I know this is old, but looking at the community page I just realized Valve added total time played for all games now. Finally, and seriously awesome. Too bad it didn't log the hundreds of hours I put into Dawn of War 2 already. :D Oh well, just glad to see it up!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
brain_stew said:
People say this, and yet even at a rock solid 60fps the mouse control still felt janky and laggy to me. It was better, sure, but still pretty inferior to using a 360 pad.

I didn't bother with the v-sync or triple buffering my self, I played the game at a rock solid 90 something fps or whatever it's capped at. I hate any control lag with the mouse and would rather having tearing than lag or (god forbid) having to use a controller.

kpeezy

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I didn't bother with the v-sync or triple buffering my self, I played the game at a rock solid 90 something fps or whatever it's capped at. I hate any control lag with the mouse and would rather having tearing than lag or (god forbid) having to use a controller.

So wait, there is a threshold of performance where the mouse controls don't have issues?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
kpeezy said:
So wait, there is a threshold of performance where the mouse controls don't have issues?

No, v-sync and triple-buffering kind of create control lag, which in some games is more noticeable than others. Brain Stew would do a better job of explaining than me.

CoLaN

Just an update since i've played Madballs for a bit...

Buy it! Unlockables weapons, skins, different balls with powers, single-player campaign, online co-op, online versus...

I really didn't expect it to be like this. Controls feels pretty good, if you played similar games like this you will be at home.

The game is even better than many of the $10-15 games you see on xbl or psn.

Nothing in today's steam sale interests me, well I could easily buy and play nearly everything but I am watching how much I spend, and the more games I own the less work I get done at home :lol

Hope tomorrow we get some shooters.

Althane

KOTOR and Majesty 2 are tempting. Haven't heard much about Majesty 2, is it as good as the old one?

And KOTOR... so tempting. $2.50...

God I love Steam.

Is it just me or is the Steam download speed a bit slow? It's fluctuating like crazy for me. From 350KB/s down to like 70KB/s.

They probably have a ton of people getting games right now.

Volcynika

Grimm Fandango said:
Is it just me or is the Steam download speed a bit slow? It's fluctuating like crazy for me. From 350KB/s down to like 70KB/s.

Yeah, I downloaded Dragon Age Origins from them in juts a few hours and KOTOR is taking FOREVER.

Grimm Fandango said:

Pausing and resuming tends to boost the speed a lot, at least for me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
CoLaN said:
Just an update since i've played Madballs for a bit...

Buy it! Unlockables weapons, skins, different balls with powers, single-player campaign, online co-op, online versus...

I really didn't expect it to be like this. Controls feels pretty good, if you played similar games like this you will be at home.

The game is even better than many of the $10-15 games you see on xbl or psn.

...anybody else get it?

I bought Osmos and Windosill (not on sale but three bucks and looks adorable) but thought I could write this one off. These sub-$5 sales are kiiiilling me. I don't know if I'd ever play it. Online co-op though... my favorite.

Tim-E

Grid isn't working for me at all. I open it, and after the intro video the game crashes. It seems like there are a lot of people with this problem, too, who have posted on the official forums and there are a million posts about it with no answer. Anyone here have any idea?

edit: I have the game "working" now, but it'll only play in fucking safe mode.

I posted this in the other thread but didn't get a response. I am just curious if you can combine the games of two steam accounts if you own both. I really just want to move source and hl2:Deathmatch from my one account to my main account that has 30 other games on it.

Twig

Banned
arts&crafts said:
I posted this in the other thread but didn't get a response. I am just curious if you can combine the games of two steam accounts if you own both. I really just want to move source and hl2:Deathmatch from my one account to my main account that has 30 other games on it.
There's no way to do it on your own but maybe MAYBE (probably not) if you contact Steam support they can do something for you.

DMPrince said:
Well. I got bored with KOTOR after 12 minutes :lol.

This is just curiosity and I'm not trying to be an ass. So please don't be offended.

How can you possibly have any sort of idea what an RPG is like in 12 minutes? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom