• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubezh said:
I wish they put Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars on Steam too. That was probably my favourite in the series.

It's coming, the Directors Cut version (semi-unfortunately). Not sure when but it shouldn't be too long a wait, I'd guess early next year.

Minsc

Gold Member
randomlyrossy said:
It's coming, the Directors Cut version (semi-unfortunately). Not sure when but it shouldn't be too long a wait, I'd guess early next year.

The built in hint system and extra beginning sequence as Niko were big pluses when I played on the Wii.

Minsc said:
The built in hint system and extra beginning sequence as Niko were big pluses when I played on the Wii.

Technically it's a great update of the game but personally I was annoyed by some of the small dialogue changes a few other things. The biggest thing being the complete replacement of the iconic opening line of the game which seemed just plain stupid to me. Probably just cause I adore the game so much but really annoyed me.

Of course anyone who plays the Directors Cut will still be playing an absolutely brilliant game.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Are they ever gonna make Stalker: Clear Sky the weekend deal? I really want to try it out, but not for 30 euros :/

Javaman

Doytch said:
Strong possibility it'll be TF2 to go with the free weekend. Though the last time they did that they discounted something else, too, I think.

I wouldn't be surprised considering how much attention this war has drawn in. It's hard to beat the previous $2.50 sale, but the more the merrier!

I'm reaallllllllly tempted by the Broken Sword pack, but I don't know...knowing that they're on GOG and come with some goodies (hi-res manual, art), plus not knowing if the Steam versions work well at all makes me reluctant to put that particular egg in Steam's basket.

graywolf323 said:
doubtful, the last sale it was the weekend deal

during the holiday sale I'd be (pleasantly) surprised to see it go any higher than 20% off

Yeah, Fallout 3 had a 25% off ($37.50) discount during the Christmas Sale last year. I can't imagine it dropping anywhere under $30.

graywolf323

wonder if they'll still sneak in the weekend deal today or will they wait until Friday?

Hasphat6462 said:
Yeah, Fallout 3 had a 25% off ($37.50) discount during the Christmas Sale last year. I can't imagine it dropping anywhere under $30.

I thought it was 20% last year? ($39.99)

Lothars

graywolf323 said:
wonder if they'll still sneak in the weekend deal today or will they wait until Friday?

I thought it was 20% last year? ($39.99)

Yeah it was 20% off which was still worth it but this year probably will be 50%

I wonder if there will be any other weekend deal in addition to TF2, but, with the Holiday Sale most likely starting on the following weekend, I doubt it.

Okay, FINALLY getting around to setting up my gaming PC I've had sitting around for a year or two. Finally set-up a Steam account, too.

I'm kind of lost. It seems easy enough to navigate, but the game selection seems really limited. I've realized I can scroll through a few pages of each genre, but still...am I doing something wrong?

Help a newbie out? lol

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Blue Jihad said:
Okay, FINALLY getting around to setting up my gaming PC I've had sitting around for a year or two. Finally set-up a Steam account, too.

I'm kind of lost. It seems easy enough to navigate, but the game selection seems really limited. I've realized I can scroll through a few pages of each genre, but still...am I doing something wrong?

Help a newbie out? lol
Click on browse games all - there are 86 pages - 2130 entries in total.

Brashnir

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Why are commandos: behind enemy lines and commandos: beyond the call of duty not on sale when it says all games?

Didn't see it posted by anyone else - this has been corrected. All of the Commandos games are now on sale.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i was absolutely in love with the first commandos game when it first came out.....

since you guys might know, were the second and third games even better? or should i just buy the first one again since i loved it...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Zzoram said:
Interestingly, Fallout 3 original version is off the store. Does that mean people who own Fallout 3 original get a free upgrade to GOTY, or just that nobody can buy the original now but it's still there for people who own it?

Option B obviously. They aren't going to give you $50 of DLC for shits and giggles.

Zzoram

Sinatar said:
Option B obviously. They aren't going to give you $50 of DLC for shits and giggles.

It's kinda annoying that I apparently have one of the only (if not the only) games on Steam that is delisted from sale.

Struct09

Zzoram said:
It's kinda annoying that I apparently have one of the only (if not the only) games on Steam that is delisted from sale.

Why would that bother you? You should still be able to re-download it if needed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Zzoram said:

You own it, it's in your games list, it will forever be in your games list.

What the fuck is there to be annoyed about?

Zzoram

Struct09 said:
Why would that bother you? You should still be able to re-download it if needed.

I guess as long as that's true, I don't mind.

Weekend deal confirmed: TF2 50% off (now $9.99) and free play weekend. Content update released.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
gregor7777 said:
That I seemingly can't buy the DLC for my gimped copy?

I'll be happily corrected if I'm wrong.

I thought you could still use GFWL to buy the DLC with the Steam version?

Or is it that you don't want to bother with GFWL?

morningbus said:

Well, I didn't know that was possible. And yes, I don't want to bother with GFWL unless I have no choice.

My point was that it's annoying that Steam does have the DLC, but only with the new copy of FO3, and it's completely unavailable on their service for people who bought the old copy.

Dynoro

morningbus said:

You would still need to use GFWL to access the DLC, i think, as it is all tied down by gamertags

Burekma

ItsInMyVeins said:
Commandos 2 or 3 -- which one should I go with and why?
Two, definitely. It's the better game (The best in the series, in fact).

On top of that, you can't run C3 any higher than 800x600 I believe, whereas C2 can go up to 1280x1024.

And you can't Alt+Enter to windowed mode in C3 for some reason :/.

I haven't seen this posted yet, but Grand Theft Auto 4 had a price drop and it is now $29.99. Just in time for the Holiday Sale. We might see it for $15-$20 next week.

Scipius

gregor7777 said:
Well, I didn't know that was possible. And yes, I don't want to bother with GFWL unless I have no choice.

My point was that it's annoying that Steam does have the DLC, but only with the new copy of FO3, and it's completely unavailable on their service for people who bought the old copy.

Welcome to the wonderful world of DLC. This is one of the reasons why I waited for the GOTY version (at retail though). Never buy a Bethesda game right away; just wait for the proper, complete version of the game.

You would still need to use GFWL to access the DLC, i think, as it is all tied down by gamertags

Not in the GOTY version. You can happily play FO3 and its expansions without ever logging into GFWL or creating a gamertag.

morningbus

gregor7777 said:

Your copy of Fallout 3 is as gimped as every other copy, pre-GOTY edition.

Just wait for the holidays and buy some MS points on sale. Or, just buy the GOTY now or during the holiday sale. Buying all the DLC will cost you $50 anyway. Thinking about it now, that is probably the reason why they didn't waste the effort to make the specific DLC for Steam: buying the GOTY edition right now is just like buying all the available DLC right now.

Dynoro said:

Well, yeah, you need to make a GFWL account and, I believe, be logged in to it to access the DLC, but it is pretty painless. If you jump through the two or three hoops to buy the DLC from them, having it automatically log you in is nothing crazy. GFWL doesn't work like Steam; it runs only on a per-game basis and there is no always-on application wasting your computer resources. Plus you get access to Fallout 3's pretty good achievements, with more than a few actually rewarding experimenting rather than just story milestones.

Scipius

morningbus said:
Plus you get access to Fallout 3's pretty good achievements, with more than a few actually rewarding experimenting rather than just story milestones.

All of them are either story milestones or are also kept track of via the more exhaustive stats page in-game. Achievements are the only thing in FO3 you can exclusively get via GFWL and they are useless. Apt.

morningbus

Scipius said:
All of them are either story milestones or are also kept track of via the more exhaustive stats page in-game. Achievements are the only thing in FO3 you can exclusively get via GFWL and they are useless. Apt.

I'll admit that a large portion of them are, but a there are more than a few that aren't just story milestones. I'll spoiler them just to be safe:

Psychotic Prankster 10
Placed a grenade or mine while pickpocketing

Weaponsmith 30
Made one of every custom weapon

The Bigger They Are… 20
Kill all the Super Mutant Behemoths

And then all the various "Reach certain level with certain Karma" achievements. Those reward playing the game differently or a certain way.

Of course, this doesn't mean they're vital to enjoying the game, but it is a nice little extra.

graywolf323

LovingSteam said:
Star Wars premier pack should be coming soon (don't know what it consists of).

but I already bought the LucasArts Premier Pack :-(

edit: though that came with pretty much everything but Battlefront 2 I believe

as long as they aren't adding any new games to Steam for it >_>

morningbus said:
Wait until next's week sale to buy stuff.

Also, buy the Valve Complete package during the aforementioned sale.
Sorry, I'm new to Steam but are you saying this Valve complete pack will be cheaper than 99.99 next week? I really only want TF2 and L4D2 for now but I'll wait if it will be worth it. How much cheaper do you think it will be?

I have 0 Steam games and want to start buying a few things.

criesofthepast said:
Sorry, I'm new to Steam but are you saying this Valve complete pack will be cheaper than 99.99 next week? I really only want TF2 and L4D2 for now but I'll wait if it will be worth it. How much cheaper do you think it will be?

I have 0 Steam games and want to start buying a few things.

Last year it was half off.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm kinda torn. I was planning on buying the GOTY edition for the 360 (i only rented it and bought the first DLC), since i put in a ton of hours into. However, i heard the PC version is best version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom