• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regional pricing in regional currency is GREAT.
Pretty much everything is no at a reasonable price here in the UK and it will hopefully stay that way.
I am sure the rest of Europe will follow suit once they sort it all out. It is a beta after all. Pricing is rarely going to compete with retail after a game has been out a few weeks but if it can compete at launch that will be a step in the right direction.

Scipius

Kamakazie! said:
It is a beta after all.

I guess so: Bioshock is still listed as 54.99 USD, but in EUR it is listed as 19.99 (including VAT). Nice deal; hopefully not a mistake, but an indication that USD and EUR/GBP pricing will not be one-on-one.

Does anyone know if they also support European currencies outside of EUR and GBP? CHF, DKK, SEK?

psy18

You own 47 Steam Games worth ~ $553.62
Holy shit.

Edit: I think it only counts based on current price of the game, ignoring the discounts and packages when you buy them.

Guled

You own 15 Steam Games worth ~ $229.87 I find that a lot considering I just starting buying stuff off steam in Sept. Also, the in game browser is really neat

Johnas

This seems like a good place to ask:

I've played all of the HL2 saga, but not the original HL.

Should I go with the original game or the Source version? I wondered if there was a reason to go with either one besides the graphics. I don't think the original looks bad, but I didn't know if there was any kind of performance issue/content differences that would make one or the other preferable.

I know HL was on sale for $.98 recently, but I missed it.

Sciz

Johnas said:

Should I go with the original game or the Source version? I wondered if there was a reason to go with either one besides the graphics. I don't think the original looks bad, but I didn't know if there was any kind of performance issue/content differences that would make one or the other preferable.

Grab the pack on Steam that gets you HL1 and both expansions for $15. HL:Source is effectively the same, but with certain elements of the graphics updated (water, shadows, ragdolls) that make the entire experience less cohesive more so than they help.

Or you could just wait for Black Mesa, but that's up to a year off yet.

Won

Hmm I need to check this thread more often. Ingame browser is pretty cool stuff. :D

And "You own 38 Steam Games worth ~ $529.65"

Expected a bit more.^^

rezuth

psy18 said:
You own 47 Steam Games worth ~ $553.62
Holy shit.

Edit: I think it only counts based on current price of the game, ignoring the discounts and packages when you buy them.
Of course it does, it does not count what you purchased them for but rather what the value of them is. If you buy a car that has a standard retail value of $25 000 from me for $10, that does not mean that the car's value is $10.

FatalT

Banned
"You own 84 Steam Games worth ~ $904.29"

I'm impressed. I love Steam and I hope to give them much more of my money.

Remy

You own 60 Steam Games worth ~ $828.45

Wonder if I'm setting a record for a Mac user. Yay for Boot Camp I guess.

Joe Molotov

Johnas said:

There's not a big difference between HL and HL: Source. The graphics are slightly better in Source, but not really, and the Source physics don't really add anything. If I was going to replay it, I'd rather play vanilla HL.

epmode

Joe Molotov said:
There's not a big difference between HL and HL: Source. The graphics are slightly better in Source, but not really, and the Source physics don't really add anything. If I was going to replay it, I'd rather play vanilla HL.
I'd say to go with the original HL too. The infinitely superior Source flashlight made me think about it pretty hard, though.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
You probably noticed but AQUARIA is now on Steam!
It even has ACHIEVEMENTS.

For those not knowing, it's a game with very similar gameplay to Metroid, set in an under-water world. It also has an amazing soundtrack. There's a demo for it, but not on Steam it seems.

bdouble

Morbid Angel said:
EA on Steam?

Cryis+War is already on there. That was pretty big news considering EA has their own DD platform. Good stuff though. EA is a welcome addition to Steam imo. I think it works out for both them and Valve. EA still can publish its games and Valves for retail while EA uses Steam as its digital platform.

RJT

bdouble said:
Cryis+War is already on there. That was pretty big news considering EA has their own DD platform. Good stuff though. EA is a welcome addition to Steam imo. I think it works out for both them and Valve. EA still can publish its games and Valves for retail while EA uses Steam as its digital platform.

Read the article:

Though the EA-published Crysis and Crysis Warhead debuted on Steam earlier this year, the availability of the two games was negotiated by developer Crytek and Valve. Both were originally published under EA Partners label.

Probably be just as overpriced as the EA store, but at least you get treated fairly on Steam with regard to unlimited downloads.

zaxor0

You own 22 Steam Games worth ~ $229.8

Not so bad, after the break I have been thinking about getting the id super pack. Hmm.

EDIT: is the only beta part of steam the european currency thing at the store? where can I see what came with the beta?

epmode

Oh god EA on Steam would be wonderful. Just think of the back catalog... Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam, Steam Steam.

pancakesandsex said:
Has anyone played Mr. Robot? That looks pretty neat.

Very, very good game. I played it on Gametap (where anyone can play it for free, it's on their free games list : http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/131002650 ), and totally enjoyed it. Fun mix of puzzling and RPG with a clean, neat visual design and interesting writing.

As for Spore on Steam , they should add an achievement called "Should Have Let Soren Finish It" that unlocks after you put the game away forever after 15 hours of playing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If you want to boost your Steam Alabaster Score, I'd definitely recommend looking at some of the big Popcap collactions, especially when they're on sale.

Fragamemnon said:
Very, very good game. I played it on Gametap (where anyone can play it for free, it's on their free games list : http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/131002650 ), and totally enjoyed it. Fun mix of puzzling and RPG with a clean, neat visual design and interesting writing.

As for Spore on Steam , they should add an achievement called "Should Have Let Soren Finish It" that unlocks after you put the game away forever after 15 hours of playing.

Good to hear, maybe I'll pick it up after Aquaria is done.

Teknoman

Fragamemnon said:

Ah c'mon now. Still plenty of people having Space stage fun. Also updates, expansions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom