• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men of War is real-time tactics. Not your typical RTS gameplay. I love the multiplayer; got it for $5 on Amazon a while ago. The expansion is single-player only, though.

That Bioshock deal really deserves its own thread. A brand new big budget release that comes with its prequal for only £20!? Long live the PC and Steam! :D

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Maybe the ability to gift Bioshock if you already own it is a sign of things to come for other games on the service. :eek: I would have loved to gifted my redundant copies of Titan Quest and STALKER when I bought the THQ Mega Pack during the Thanksgiving sale.

Doomslayer said:
AHHHHHH BIOSHOCK 2 IS 80 FUCKING DOLLARS US ON THE AUS STORE........ FUCK YOU 2K.

......$240 US for the 4 pack. smh

Fuck me thats bullshit.

And AVP is $65 USD for Australia, how much is America getting it for?

If we go 4's for Bioshock with American purchasers will they be able to gift to Australia?

Edit... Answered ^ Cheers LovingSteam

hylian_pirate said:
If I preorder Bioshock 2 will they charge my card now and can I cancel it later?

Now. If you choose to cancel it later, it must be before the actual release or they won't refund you unless the game is basically unplayable for you.

Aliens vs Predator is going for $49.99 in the US.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Now. If you choose to cancel it later, it must be before the actual release or they won't refund you unless the game is basically unplayable for you.

Aliens vs Predator is going for $49.99 in the US.

Yes, and if you ask a friend from the U.K. to gift it to you, its $40.00 ;) Rabid, that is what I would suggest, depending on how the currency exchange works out for you. Otherwise just ask a buddy in the states.

MNC

Awesome deal. Dunno if buy - multiplayer seems questionable still, and my PC only ran the first bioshock mediocre :p Still, holding out for a 4pack until RIGHT before release! Hopefully somebody will want to join in, if I join in in the first place

Dennis

Banned
Doomslayer said:
AHHHHHH BIOSHOCK 2 IS 80 FUCKING DOLLARS US ON THE AUS STORE........ FUCK YOU 2K.

......$240 US for the 4 pack. smh
Wait wait, 80$ for a PC game ? I am sorry but :lol :lol :lol

Tell me honestly Aus GAF - is piracy out of control in australia?

drizzle said:
Cmon LovingSteam, where's Bad Company 2 4 pck with beta invitation preorder?

This waiting is killing me! :D

It'll come in the next few days most likely. I just would not expect it till Bioshock 2 had a few days of being the showcase title for the store. Then they'll probably have Bad Company 2 to be the next showcase up until the beta starts.

Australian store has prices in USD.

pilonv1

DennisK4 said:
Wait wait, 80$ for a PC game ? I am sorry but :lol :lol :lol

64ny9k.jpg

cry.gif

Just a heads up about Bioshock 2 for those who do not look at the System Requirements part of the page:

Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection; Ability to save game, earn achievements, receive title updates and online play requires log-in to Games for Windows LIVE; software installations required including Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries, Games for Windows LIVE client, Games for Windows LIVE Client Patch, Sony DADC SecuROM, Microsoft DirectX.

Dennis

Banned
OK so the Aus price is 72$ US but still why so high?

Is there any remotely rational reason for those prices? I mean australia is not some tiny little backwater market or anything. What gives?

legend166

DennisK4 said:
OK so the Aus price is 72$ US but still why so high?

Is there any remotely rational reason for those prices? I mean australia is not some tiny little backwater market or anything. What gives?

Publishers got used to selling games for around $80-100AU when the Australian dollar was sitting at about US60c. Now the Australian dollar is about 93c. They think consumers are stupid and will pay $80USD, because hey, it's what we've paid for a long time. Basically, it's price gouging. Because even if they just put it at $50US on the Australian store, they're not really losing any revenue that they had historically.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
crimsonheadGCN said:
Just a heads up about Bioshock 2 for those who do not look at the System Requirements part of the page:
Wow they really loaded it up with junk. Steam DRM, GFWL DRM, SecuROM DRM - one is enough publishers.

legend166 said:
Publishers got used to selling games for around $80-100AU when the Australian dollar was sitting at about US60c. Now the Australian dollar is about 93c. They think consumers are stupid and will pay $80USD, because hey, it's what we've paid for a long time. Basically, it's price gouging. Because even if they just put it at $50US on the Australian store, they're not really losing any revenue that they had historically.
Same shit goes on in Canada. Not as bad though, usually the price difference is $5 to $10 right now but its still annoying. Of course french language laws might have something to do with it as well. At least on the bright side we get the same steam store, so there is one way to avoid getting gouged.

Rur0ni

I've got [1] Killing Floor guest pass as well as [2] Shattered Horizon guest passes available. Anyone want them just pm.

Very VERY tempted to preorder AvP. Was one of my favorite franchises back in the day...but kind of want to hear more impressions on the game before I dive in.

Blast Processing said:
Is it just me, or does the steam page say that the Bioshock 2 4-pack only comes with 3 copies? It then specifies 4 copies of the original Bioshock...

Basically it is worded weirdly but they are counting one OG Bioshock going to the purchaser of the 4-pack.

Firestorm

Blast Processing said:
Is it just me, or does the steam page say that the Bioshock 2 4-pack only comes with 3 copies? It then specifies 4 copies of the original Bioshock...
They're making a distinction. You HAVE to keep one Bioshock 2 but everything else is a gift.

trinest

Blast Processing said:

You get one.

3 People to Gift another.

And then the original bioshock comes free as a bonus. + 4 extra to gift.

Ok, it's strange though. I went and compared the wording on the Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2 4-packs, and both are worded so that it's clear that you're getting 4 copies. Can anyone confirm that they have bought and gotten 4 copies?

Firestorm

Blast Processing said:
Ok, it's strange though. I went and compared the wording on the Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2 4-packs, and both are worded so that it's clear that you're getting 4 copies. Can anyone confirm that they have bought and gotten 4 copies?
I bought it.

1x Bioshock 2 went to My Games
3x Bioshock 2 went to Gifts
4x Bioshock went to Gifts

Rur0ni

Blast Processing said:
1 for myself and 3 gifts.

Cru Jones

Blast Processing said:

It is called a "Four Pack" for a reason, no confirmation is needed.

IceMarker

I already own a retail copy of Bioshock!

If I pre-order Bioshock 2 can I still gift my Steam version of it even though I have the retail version?

Basically what I'm saying is that if I buy Bioshock 2 right now, I'll have two copies of Bioshock. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom