• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

The original game is also $3.90 + shipping on gogamer. Funny how I leap on this because it's steam, but I never would've considered it there.

amrod

Death to Spies: Gold Edition Now Available
January 22, 2010, 1:35 pm - Valve - Product Release
The spy action series Death to Spies is now available together in the Death to Spies: Gold Edition! The pack is being offered at 10% off until January 29th!

$35.99 USD

Dennis

Banned
Doytch said:
Single player is really good, but I had trouble at some points cause I suck. Nothing absolutely brutal though...
Oh, you find CoH a little difficult? May I recommend Men of War - its real noob friendly.

dLMN8R

LovingSteam - I heard rumors on the interwebz that Bad Company 2 is coming to Steam, and getting a 4-pack to boot. Dubbed the "squad pack". Anything that you've seen that might confirm as much?

dLMN8R said:
LovingSteam - I heard rumors on the interwebz that Bad Company 2 is coming to Steam, and getting a 4-pack to boot. Dubbed the "squad pack". Anything that you've seen that might confirm as much?

GordanVanDyke said:
Steam Beta: Yes there was a leaked image of a Package file we propped on Steam. People with illegal accounts can see games in this environment, but this is not a Beta in the term of Public Test Beta, but a real development Beta installer client for the Steam version of the full game. We are however working with Steam to have the Public PC Beta available on Steam, but can't confirm this quite yet so cross your fingers Steam users. :)

From the Battlefield blog. But that was from a while back. Lincoln Hershberger twittered that we should be expecting it any time now. But that was yesterday.

graywolf323

apparently Mass Effect 2 preloading has started on D2D so we can probably expect Steam to do something this weekend

just like they did with Dragon Age

BFBC 2 is in the coming soon section but the page hasn't been put up yet. Most likely you will be able to pre purchase today. Regarding a 4-pack, it doesn't seem like it unfortunately. Also, Dragon Age DLC will be up on coming soon section soon.

1CC Racing Mega Pack available:
- 4x4 Hammer
- A.I.M. Racing
- Classic Car Racing
- Death Track Resurrection
- Streets of Moscow

for US$ 14.99

Are these games any good? There is no demo for them and only a few have trailers. For US$ 14.99 I may byte it...

G_Berry

Banned
LovingSteam said:
BFBC 2 is in the coming soon section but the page hasn't been put up yet. Most likely you will be able to pre purchase today. Regarding a 4-pack, it doesn't seem like it unfortunately. Also, Dragon Age DLC will be up on coming soon section soon.

I just saw this on the Aussie store!

$49.99 for us too, thanks for not bending us over with the price EA and DICE I'm feeling the love!

Mrbob

LovingSteam said:

Oh damn, the squad pack isn't happening?

Crappy move by EA.

Mrbob

Not boycotting, but they were hinting at it via twitter the last couple weeks. Dice really shouldn't have said anything if it wasn't gonna happen. Only leads to disappointment. Especially when Bioshock 2 of all games is currently available with a 4 pack.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Diablohead said:
TF2 is failing to start and say's it's not available, anyone else having launching problems tonight?
I'm not sure if this is linked, but I haven't been able to refresh my server browser since noon.

LovingSteam said:
Hell yes! I am ready to buy once Steam gets the page up.

I just noticed that they are selling the limited edition copy for $50, they are usually $60+ for some games.

Volcynika

Why is the 4 pack not looking likely? Someone said it wasn't going to happen or something? Bioshock 2's 4-pack doesn't show up as an individual entry on the main store page, and is actually an option in the game's page. We can't get to BC2's page, so I guess we have to wait.

MoFuzz

Mrbob said:
Not boycotting, but they were hinting at it via twitter the last couple weeks. Dice really shouldn't have said anything if it wasn't gonna happen. Only leads to disappointment. Especially when Bioshock 2 of all games is currently available with a 4 pack.
That's right, I was following the murmurs of the 4-pack in this very thread. Was only kidding at the notion of a boycott BTW. Sorry, should have been more obvious :p

By comparison, I guess 2K really wants to push the multiplayer aspect of Bioshock 2. That, or they're just more PC savvy for having done this for Borderlands and now Bioshock.

Volcynika said:
Why is the 4 pack not looking likely? Someone said it wasn't going to happen or something? Bioshock 2's 4-pack doesn't show up as an individual entry on the main store page, and is actually an option in the game's page. We can't get to BC2's page, so I guess we have to wait.

The Bioshock and the others that had 4 packs showed up on the blob. This one doesn't show up as a 4pack.

Doytch

DennisK4 said:
Oh, you find CoH a little difficult? May I recommend Men of War - its real noob friendly.
Yeah I picked it up, haven't messed with it since I'm still knee-deep in KB:AP, but I plan on it. I generally enjoyed the fixed resources/troops missions in COH more than the more traditional ones. Like, the one where you break into the secret base at night and blow up the V2 rocket facility.

Firestorm

Fourman said:
Hell yes! I am ready to buy once Steam gets the page up.

I just noticed that they are selling the limited edition copy for $50, they are usually $60+ for some games.
It's like the Ubisoft games where everybody who pre-orders gets the Limited Edition.

I notice EA isn't doing 10% off pre-order price.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Bad Company 2 is available for pre order now, 35 quid :lol Think I'll wait and see if they do a 4pack.

No information about getting into beta if you preorder on Steam, I am sure you can but I want confirmation before I buy.

EDIT- Nevermind, they put it up now.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
http://store.steampowered.com/app/901297/

Looks like the LE is listed and going by the front of the steam page there's a beta from the 28th jan to feb 25th.

Now i pray a 4 pack, even if loving says there isn't one!

People like pictures.
1z3ue5t.jpg

amrod

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening Pre-Purchase Now

January 22, 2010, 5:45 pm - Valve - General Announcement

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening, the first expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins is now available to pre-purchase on Steam!

Available: 16 March 2010
This game will unlock in approximately 1 month, 3 weeks, 3 days and 17 hours

$39.99 USDPre-Purchase Dragon Age: Origins The Awakening

This expansion pack requires the Steam version of Dragon Age™: Origins in order to play.

brain_stew said:
Try deleting your .blob files.
I gave it 30 minutes and it started working again *shrug*

I'm interested in battlefield as I need a good feature rich shooter other then TF2 :p battlefield heroes left a sour taste in my mouth but I know that game was whipped together in a month for money raking, but the gunplay in that game was rather crap, how different is the main battlefield series?

Firestorm

amrod said:
Dragon Age: Origins Awakening Pre-Purchase Now

January 22, 2010, 5:45 pm - Valve - General Announcement

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening, the first expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins is now available to pre-purchase on Steam!

Available: 16 March 2010
This game will unlock in approximately 1 month, 3 weeks, 3 days and 17 hours

$39.99 USDPre-Purchase Dragon Age: Origins The Awakening

This expansion pack requires the Steam version of Dragon Age™: Origins in order to play.
I'm hoping that Dragon Age has a sale to coincide with this. I sold my Dragon Age retail so I could get it on Steam.

EviLore said:
BC2 bought. Dragon Age expansion laughed at.
yea me to, that expansion better have 20+ hours of new gameplay, that price is crazy for an expansion pack I hear will be just under 15 hours of content.

Lothars

EviLore said:
BC2 bought. Dragon Age expansion laughed at.

I don't have a problem with the Dragon Age Expansion Price but I won't be preordering it though I will be buying it on Steam.

I actually am happy they are doing an expansion instead of just DLC even though I like DLC.

Volcynika

I got Dragon Age for 37.49 or whatever from Steam. I will not buy an expansion for more!

(I still have to play through the base game anyways)

epmode

I love that they're going for an honest-to-god expansion pack instead of the horrible bite-sized DLC trend, but $40 is honestly a lot for a $50 game. Even Throne of Bhall (best expansion ever?) was less than that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
$39.99 is a lot for an expansion. I love Dragon Age so I will probably end up buying it, but there being no incentive whatsoever to pre-order so I will wait until it gets released before buying it. I really don't see why companies put up pre-purchase options for games on digital download services without offering some kind of added incentive. You pre-order in a store so you can guarantee that there will be a copy available when you come in to buy it on the release day. You don't have to worry about them running out of stock for a digital download, though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
24.99 will be my price for Awakening - I can't see myself paying more for an expansion nowadays. And thankfully, my 60$ Holiday Sale backlog is keeping my wallet safe when it comes to new game spending.

Saterium

So I haven't kept up with everything...

But is it safe to say the Bad Company 2 four pack is not happening? Also, it's pretty funny to me that there's only a limited edition - pretty limited =p

graywolf323

the DA expansion really should be $30 on PC since it's $40 on the consoles...

and I guess I'll pass on Bad Company 2 since there's no 4-pack

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Definitely going to wait for a Dragon's Age complete deal with all the DLC and expansions they are coming out with. So it'll be a while :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom