• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akia

Mrbob said:
I want CoH gold for $14.99. :p

Oh and World of goo for $14.99 or less would be nice. I've been patiently waiting on that title to drop in price.

Does CoH Gold include Opposing Fronts? Also shame on you for waiting on World of Goo. I bought 2 copies (Steam/Mac) this month and don't regret it one bit. The game is amazing.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
C'mon Steam, bring the WIN.

If Mass Effect is somewhere around 19.99 I will purchase it immediately.

Mrbob

Yeah CoH Gold is the game and expansion.

I want world of goo...but I'm waiting since the Wii version is 15. I don't think I should have to pay a PC tax of 20 dollars for the title.

Still nothing? Goddamn, gimme World in Conflict for $15-$20! I'd probably bite on good Mass Effect pricing too, and most likely rebuy CoH gold for cheap and give my discs to friends! C'mon c'mon c'mon...

Oh well, looks like it is a scrub since I assume (hope) that they are enjoying to holidays rather than beating bugs out of Steam. Hopefully they put on some good weekend deals. And wow are some of the people on Steam's forums huge fans of creating drama over the absence of a sale.

Thomper

CabbageRed said:
Oh well, looks like it is a scrub since I assume (hope) that they are enjoying to holidays rather than beating bugs out of Steam. Hopefully they put on some good weekend deals. And wow are some of the people on Steam's forums huge fans of creating drama over the absence of a sale.
Yeah, I actually felt really bad for the Valve-people after reading Steam's forums. People claiming they have the right to have sale, and if not, every single person at Valve is a bastard. Not just that, the sale needed to be 'worthwhile', with most of them expecting stuff like at least a 50% discount on stuff like Fallout 3. Like Valve even has any control over that. Ridiculous.

fallout

:lol Yeah, I mean ... I'm disappointed that there's no sale, but fuck, it's not like we haven't been seeing good deals all year.

Twig

Banned
People bitching about not having a sale at all is ridiculous.

But the fact that there was a sale yesterday, and it was gone before I even knew about it would bother me a little... if I wasn't already assuming that it was a glitch.

Esperado

I'm not sure if its a new thing or not, but I've noticed gamers having a sense of "entitlement" over the price of games recently. The other day on CAG I was reading about Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted being on sale for 41.99 and they were complaining about how stingy Sony was for not dropping the price and how it should be $30 retail by now. Then, they went so far as to compare these two games to Heavenly Sword. I just don't understand how people can expect game prices to be a low price and then have angry emotions and resent towards the game when the they aren't. It's kind of a culture shock for me. I wish I could know how old these kids are or where they grew up or something because I can't understand it.

Esperado said:
I'm not sure if its a new thing or not, but I've noticed gamers having a sense of "entitlement" over the price of games recently. The other day on CAG I was reading about Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted being on sale for 41.99 and they were complaining about how stingy Sony was for not dropping the price and how it should be $30 retail by now. Then, they went so far as to compare these two games to Heavenly Sword. I just don't understand how people can expect game prices to be a low price and then have angry emotions and resent towards the game when the they aren't. It's kind of a culture shock for me. I wish I could know how old these kids are or where they grew up or something because I can't understand it.

Ratchet and Clank I can understand though since it's been out for a while and sony goes out of it's way to say what makes a game a "greatest hits" and then they don't even go through with it. They shouldn't be flaunting that price will drop when it hits the amount of sales they predetermined, which from what I understand R&C sold really well, and they act like they never said it. :p

Edit: Also, no one in this thread is bitching that they deserve a sale and valve is scum without it but we've come to expect holiday sales from them and are disappointed from the way things have been going. Disappointed not angry mob entitlement or something....

Volcynika

TheOneGuy said:

But the fact that there was a sale yesterday, and it was gone before I even knew about it would bother me a little... if I wasn't already assuming that it was a glitch.

Yeah, I'm disappointed, but I'm not like "BURN VALVE TO THE GROUND!" They will continue to put up their deals, and I'll continue to go "Fuck you Valve, making me spend money!"

What the hell? If there was a sale yesterday, Steam did not stand up for people to enjoy it. I tried several times.

And now some prices even got higher! I was thinking of getting Flatout Ultimate Carnage for US$ 9.99. Now it is US$ 19.99.

Go Valve, fuck with your customers.

Volcynika

Chiaroscuro said:
What the hell? If there was a sale yesterday, Steam did not stand up for people to enjoy it. I tried several times.

And now some prices even got higher! I was thinking of getting Flatout Ultimate Carnage for US$ 9.99. Now it is US$ 19.99.

The updating and putting all those sales up seemed to fuck the store up badly, they had to do a roll back. Just play the waiting game for them to get everything fixed, unless you have to have the games now.

Some of you guys make it sound like we're not having a sale at all...I thought we'd come to the conclusion that its a matter of when, not if, I mean they did have 'em up last night--Spore for $38 apparently.:D

Thomper

TheOneGuy said:

Yeah, I'm very disappointed with the fact that the sale seems to have disappeared again. But I'm sure they'll put it back up again, just not during Christmas day when nobody's in office.

That, and Valve has had some incredibly awesome Weekend Deals this past year. Pretty much 80% of my Steam collection is built from games gotten from deals like that. The $1=1 euro thing has been the first real complaint I have about Steam.

Oh, it seems like UbiSoft has added some of its catalogue to Euro-Steam. Cold Fear, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, GRAW, other Tom Clancy stuff, and Beyond Good and Evil have been added. Prices seem very reasonable. None of their newer releases besides Far Cry 2, though.

I bought Beyond Good & Evil. Only $5, so even if the Holiday Sale pops back up again, I can't lose that much money on it. Already have the GameCube-version, but this game deserves a double-dipping.

Chiaroscuro said:

Christ get over yourself. Their servers were acting funny so they took it down to fix the servers. I know they did this just to piss off their customers but get over yourself.

Chris R

Quick steam question. I'd love to have my steam account on both my laptop (and now my netbook) as well as my PC. Last time I tried this I ran into some errors though. Is there a way to get this happening? I wouldn't be playing TF2 or CS:S on my laptop/netbook but would want to play stuff like bejewled and peggle and audiosurf, ect.

duffey

rhfb said:
Quick steam question. I'd love to have my steam account on both my laptop (and now my netbook) as well as my PC. Last time I tried this I ran into some errors though. Is there a way to get this happening? I wouldn't be playing TF2 or CS:S on my laptop/netbook but would want to play stuff like bejewled and peggle and audiosurf, ect.
You should be able to so long as whatever other computer isn't logged into Steam at the time you're trying to connect.

Tendo

I'm hoping for a deal on grid and world of goo. if mass effect and red alert 3 have decent cuts i may double dip

That's nice. I wish I knew if this EA thing was guaranteed going forward (I wouldn't hesitate to rebuy Spore if I knew that all the expansions would be on Steam day one) or if it's some sort of experiment that can be canceled if EA isn't happy with the results.

Thomper

Seems like all Ubi-games are now on EuroSteam. Prince of Persia, Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway, and Shaun White Snowboarding are now also available. If you look at the published-by-UbiSoft-page, it has a picture of Prince of Percia with 25% off in the header. The game is still priced at 45 euro's, though, which I hope would be the regular price. Maybe the 25% off is a sign of the Christmas sale yet to come?

RJT

I wonder if Ubi and EA were waiting for regional pricing to fully jump on board... I guess it was kind of worth it, if that's the case (I'm hoping Europeans boycott full price games, so that they finally realize their regular pricing sucks)

GHG

Gold Member
£34.99 for Far Cry 2 and BIA:HH :lol :lol :lol ? They having a laugh. POP being £30 as well kills it. You can get all of those games for £15 each from Amazon. Ubi are absolute jokers. They keep their catalouge from the UK region until regional pricing comes in so that they can attempt to shaft us. Nice try. BGE for £5 is ok though.

Haden

Banned
Hey guys this is a pretty damn noob question but I have been out of the PC game for a longgg time.

Brought myself a new pc for christmas which should be coming early new year. Was wondering if I purchase games on steam can I uninstall them and then reinstall them whenever I want?

Thanks for any replies. Damn its so fun looking through steam I remember when it had hardly any games on it bar valve on its insane now!

epmode

Yeah, you can install Steam on as many computers as you want. The only restriction is that you can only be logged into your account on one machine at a time.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
GHG said:
£34.99 for Far Cry 2 and BIA:HH :lol :lol :lol ? They having a laugh. POP being £30 as well kills it. You can get all of those games for £15 each from Amazon. Ubi are absolute jokers. They keep their catalouge from the UK region until regional pricing comes in so that they can attempt to shaft us. Nice try. BGE for £5 is ok though.

£26.99 should be the rrp of all big steam releases, seems like the sweet spot between what people can actually buy it for in stores, and what publishers believe they should be able to charge for a new pc game.

Pasco

Banned
Haden said:
Was wondering if I purchase games on steam can I uninstall them and then reinstall them whenever I want?

Broad brush answer: Yes.

There may be a few exceptions for specific games that use specific types of DRM with install limits, but I can only think of 2/3 games that do that.

Haden

Banned
Thanks for responses guys I dont want to get to the stage where I have so many games I can't buy anymore! And there are so many amazing games on steam my bank account and hardrive will be in big trouble hehe.

Pasco said:
Broad brush answer: Yes.

There may be a few exceptions for specific games that use specific types of DRM with install limits, but I can only think of 2/3 games that do that.

Wait what? What 2/3 (or do you mean 1/3?) of games on steam have install limits?

madmook said:
He means around two or three games total, not two-thirds of all the games.

:lol Ok, that makes sense. I was gonna say all I could think of was bioshock but they removed that months ago. That makes more sense.

Only thing I might get is the relic pack and the eidos pack since it's slightly cheaper and I wanted them anyhow...

Tendo

titan quest gold for 15. tempted to gift it. i wish i there was any easier way to check prices. the site and steam are loading so slowly :(

rabhw

Is CoH: Gold worth it for the single player campaign? Not really into the MP portions of RTS games since I'm awful at them.

Mrbob

MaritalWheat said:
WiC $22...tempting...very tempting.
Mr. Bob, you get CoH yet? $22 for gold is a steal!

I was gonna jump on that, and then I saw the Relic pack for $37.49. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not home till later tonight, but I'm hopping on it right away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom