• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Okay so.

Relic Super Pack + Dawn of War: Soulstorm costs more than Dawn of War Everything Pack + Company of Heroes Gold.

Grrrr.

Why can't Soulstorm just be in the super pack. It would make things easier. ;_;

EDIT: Is Bullet Candy worth the $3.59. I know it's not much of a discount from $3.99 but hey. I doubt it'll get much better. I just have no clue if it's any good.

Tendo

not sure if it is garbage or not but heavy weapon is only a buck. so i'm gonna snag that.

so far my cart has:
civ iv complete
world of goo
heavy weapon
jack keane
both runaway games
shadow grounds survivor
and flatout ultimate carnage.

i'm tempted to add insaniquarium, peggle nights, and eets chowdown too :(

GHG

Gold Member
Prince of persia is 25% off, now only £18. Now we're talking.

STALKER clear sky is also 50% off.

My cart at the moment:

BioShock
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
Left 4 Dead
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Trials 2 Second Edition
Prince of Persia

My poor wallet...

bee

some great deals on there i must say, along with some bizarre prices aswell

stalker : clear sky £9.49
trials 2 £1.49
X3 Pack Includes: X3: Reunion, X3: Terran Conflict £15.40

tempted by 2 games, civ 4 complete pack and il-2 sturmovik 1946. not sure if i'll like civ 4 at all, is it anything like anno 1701? which i love and sturmovik, hmm anyone got any impressions on that?

Twig

Banned
Why oh why is The Longest Journey still only 10% off. I've been waiting for a good deal on that forever.

IT'S NOT COMING IS IT.

Mrbob

I've done some snooping, here is a better plan if you want all the dawn of war games.

The Dawn of War super pack which is normally $59.99 is half off right now for $29.99...that includes all the games including soulstorm which is $26.99 on its own right now. :lol

Then pick up the company of heroes pack for $22.49 and you can get all the games together for about 52 dollars. So in essence you would pay about 15 bucks for soulstorm versus buying it seperately.

Remy

Just pulled the trigger.

Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast 8.99 USD
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (NA) 9.99 USD
Company of Heroes Gold 22.49 USD
World of Goo 14.99 USD
Aquaria 15.99 USD
Shadowgrounds Survivor 7.49 USD
Bioshock (NA) 4.99 USD
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW) 17.49 USD
Sid Meier's Pirates! 7.49 USD
Subtotal 109.91 USD
Tax 0.00 USD
Shipping 0.00 USD

Total 109.91 USD

I love that Valve has a shipping line item for Steam purchases. :lol

Tendo

My total: 91.41 :(
Final tally: civ iv complete, best of the underground pack, peggle nights, world of goo, insaniquarium, both runaway games, flatout ultimate carnage, heavy weapon. Still tempted to snag jack keane for ten but this is good for now.

What is everyone else getting?

Javaman

Mrbob said:
I've done some snooping, here is a better plan if you want all the dawn of war games.

The Dawn of War super pack which is normally $59.99 is half off right now for $29.99...that includes all the games including soulstorm which is $26.99 on its own right now. :lol

Then pick up the company of heroes pack for $22.49 and you can get all the games together for about 52 dollars. So in essence you would pay about 15 bucks for soulstorm versus buying it seperately.

It gets even more tricky since the THQ everything pack is only 75$. For 20$ more then you quoted he could get all the THQ games. I'm in a bit of a bind since I own one or two from every pack. Since the packages aren't discounted based on what I already own (Stalker1, COH1, Titan Quest, they are much less of a deal. :eek:P

In the short term, I picked up Bioshock, Darkstar one, and Painkiller, Total was less then 20$!

KrawlMan

Wow I'm pissed... :/

I bought Fallout 3 on steam only 2 or so hours ago for $49, now I go and check out the Steam store to see its now $39. Bullshit. I know its only $10 but seriously...I bought it only a few hours ago.

Volcynika

KrawlMan said:
Wow I'm pissed... :/

I bought Fallout 3 on steam only 2 or so hours ago for $49, now I go and check out the Steam store to see its now $39. Bullshit. I know its only $10 but seriously...I bought it only a few hours ago.

Put in a support ticket, there's a good chance you'll be able to get refunded $10.

Twig

Banned
Javaman said:
It gets even more tricky since the THQ everything pack is only 75$. For 20$ more then you quoted he could get all the THQ games. I'm in a bit of a bind since I own one or two from every pack. Since the packages aren't discounted based on what I already own (Stalker1, COH1, Titan Quest, they are much less of a deal. :eek:P

In the short term, I picked up Bioshock, Darkstar one, and Painkiller, Total was less then 20$!
Yeah I thought pretty hard about buying the THQ pack but the only other games I actually wanted from it were Titan's Quest and its expansion. I have like no interest in the rest.

It'd be neat if at some point in the future they gave us discounts if we already owned some games in the pack. Or AT LEAST gave us gift copies, like Valve did with TOB and HL2/E1.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The entire Dawn Of War for $29.99 is insane. I spent nearly $200 on the series.

Man I hope DOW II is on Steam in a couple of months.

K.Jack said:
The entire Dawn Of War for $29.99 is insane. I spent nearly $200 on the series.

Man I hope DOW II is on Steam in a couple of months.
It is, they have a page up for it though you can't preorder yet. Purchased WiC, and Bioshock for $5 is too appealing, though I probably won't play through it again...ah well!

Twig

Banned
epmode said:
Buy it anyway!

GET DREAMFALL TOO.
Too late! Already spent way more money than I intended to!

But I've accepted the fact that it's never going to go on a good sale. So next time I have money...

bee

x3n05 said:
Xpand Rally for $5 or Xpand Rally Extreme for $13.49?

Or is there a better rally game?

edit: sega rally is not available in aus

in terms of fun it's, rfactor subaru 1.0 mod>>>>sega rally>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

other than that, get colin mcrae 2005 off gog

Chris R

Also, anyone know if The Witcher's gameplay gets any better than what the demo has? I mean the game looks great, and the story sounds interesting, but the gameplay was very poor in the demo.

rhfb said:
Also, anyone know if The Witcher's gameplay gets any better than what the demo has? I mean the game looks great, and the story sounds interesting, but the gameplay was very poor in the demo.

Wait - Demo?
I've been thinking about this game , where the hell is there a demo?!

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Pretty much everywhere that normally caries demos?

WTF. Non steam demo = Lame.
Guess ill go to..uh Big Download oh snap it's there.
Thanks for enlightening me.

bardia

Haven't logged on my steam account in over 1 1/2 years, logged on today to buy bioshock and see what else I had since my bro is finally getting a gaming PC I was going to gift all my games to him. Looks like my accounts been hacked and they changed the email and information :lol :( :(

Only box I still have with my CD keys is Half Life 2...I sent in one of those questions to support with a picture of it, but since it's been so long since I logged in who knows whats going to happen....good bye HL2/Counterstrike :(

Cday

Banned
Anybody else getting a "The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes", error? Trying to install a game.

I keep having to refresh my login and then it gives me this error when I do. Says my steam ticket has expired. I only bought the game(s) 2 days ago...

I changed my PW just in case somebody was trying to play my shit but everything looks normal when I look at my recent game times.

epmode

I think you can usually fix that by stopping Steam, deleting the clientregistry.blob file in your Steam folder, then restarting.

neight

Banned
bardia said:
Haven't logged on my steam account in over 1 1/2 years, logged on today to buy bioshock and see what else I had since my bro is finally getting a gaming PC I was going to gift all my games to him. Looks like my accounts been hacked and they changed the email and information :lol :( :(

Only box I still have with my CD keys is Half Life 2...I sent in one of those questions to support with a picture of it, but since it's been so long since I logged in who knows whats going to happen....good bye HL2/Counterstrike :(
What came of this? I'm curious how they handle stolen accounts. Ever since I bought a lot of games in the holiday sale that has worried me.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Just a quick heads up,

Peggle Extreme is now Free

I don't know if it's forever, but you might as well grab it now :D

... well, the message that popped up today said it was :(

bardia

neight said:
What came of this? I'm curious how they handle stolen accounts. Ever since I bought a lot of games in the holiday sale that has worried me.

Got my account back :D ... I was very impressed with the support...my account had been hijacked for over 2 years...

All I did was provide a pic of my CD key of Half Life 2 and I gave them a few more specifics like when my account was created and when I activated HL2. Took about 3 days but I finally got an email with my new password etc

Truespeed

Does anyone know if it's possible to change your Steam account name? Mine is tied to an ISP I don't use anymore, and although it's insignificant because you can change your contact email whenever you want, I would prefer to use something else.

KiKaL

Truespeed said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to change your Steam account name? Mine is tied to an ISP I don't use anymore, and although it's insignificant because you can change your contact email whenever you want, I would prefer to use something else.

I've been wondering this to. Mines tied to an e-mail I had 5.5 years ago : / well that's what the account name is.

Zzoram

neight said:

If you always buy games with your real name, real address, real telephone number, and credit card, you can probably prove your identity against their records, although it might take a while and be a pain.

Truespeed

KiKaL said:
I've been wondering this to. Mines tied to an e-mail I had 5.5 years ago : / well that's what the account name is.

Can my numeric SteamID and/or Steam Account Name be changed?

Unfortunately, your numeric SteamID and Steam Account Name can not be changed. Your Steam Community ID can be changed at any time in your Steam Community settings, under "Edit my SteamID page".

Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom