• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Lyphen said:
If you're thinking of buying Armored Princess, make note that the game has black bars on the left and right side of the screen in 16:9 resolutions, an issue that still hasn't been resolved despite them knowing about it since release.

It pisses me off.
I don't even notice it most of the time. Then again, I use a 32" TV that I sit, like, an arm's length away from for my monitor. That might make it less apparent.

panda21

vocab said:
Besides Cryostasis, is there any other 1C games worth buying?

seems kbap is on sale on direct2drive, and something called 'a farewell to dragons' that i couldnt find much information about anywhere.

Lyphen said:
If you're thinking of buying Armored Princess, make note that the game has black bars on the left and right side of the screen in 16:9 resolutions, an issue that still hasn't been resolved despite them knowing about it since release.

It pisses me off.

It's only like an inch on either side for me (26 inch 16X9), which is barely noticeable. It's not like it's displayed in 4:3 or something.

Updates to Portal have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

Changed radio transmission frequency to comply with federal and state spectrum management regulations
wat

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm too lazy to play through the game again, hunting for a radio or something. :lol Do it for me, Portal fanatics!

Acidote

Lyphen said:
I'm too lazy to play through the game again, hunting for a radio or something. :lol Do it for me, Portal fanatics!

Well, there's a radio in you room when you start the game, I hope it's not like carrying a garden gnome again.

Boonoo

Acidote said:
Well, there's a radio in you room when you start the game, I hope it's not like carrying a garden gnome again.

It couldn't be, though, due to those glowing fields that destroy everything non gravity fun. Maybe you have to find and listen to every radio in the game.

Edit: On a related note, I like that now through achievements we can see how far people have gotten in the game. Only 53.6% have beaten in.

Acidote said:
But I am too lazy to install it. Going to take at least a couple of hours to download it again.

Scipius

Well, the radios now have a red light on them. The achievement also lists "0/26" and in the second level I found a radio on top of the camera (which wasn't there originally).

I destroyed the first level radio by walking it into the emancipation grid, but it didn't register anything. With the second though, I noticed the light turned to green as I was about to exit. You will then hear a signal instead of music and the achievement part will register.

Time to go through Portal again then.

Donos

Question:

I want to buy the orange box over steam but i live in germany and the german orange box is cut. my steam is always set to english (for uncut Counterstrike 1.6).
Is there a way to buy Orange Box or Half Life 2 uncut over steam ? I don't want the german subs/dubs, english is fine.
thanks in advance.

panda21

o wow i just noticed the steam version of BF:BC2 has a 5 activation limit. (i assume that means they all do)

the de-activation tool sounds reasonable and by the time i have 5 activations used up i probably won't care about the game anyway, but still.. feels bad man

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
panda21 said:
o wow i just noticed the steam version of BF:BC2 has a 5 activation limit. (i assume that means they all do)

the de-activation tool sounds reasonable and by the time i have 5 activations used up i probably won't care about the game anyway, but still.. feels bad man

The de-authorization is built right into Steam this time, so it's not an issue to get activations back like it is with Crysis.

Garou

Donos said:
Question:

I want to buy the orange box over steam but i live in germany and the german orange box is cut. my steam is always set to english (for uncut Counterstrike 1.6).
Is there a way to buy Orange Box or Half Life 2 uncut over steam ? I don't want the german subs/dubs, english is fine.
thanks in advance.

Buy the retail UK version and register it on Steam, that is the easiest and cheapest way to get it.

Stallion Free said:
The de-authorization is built right into Steam this time, so it's not an issue to get activations back like it is with Crysis.
This I can agree with, if it's all built in and automated that is rather cool, does that mean you need to uninstall the game before a format or pc upgrade then?

Diablohead said:
This I can agree with, if it's all built in and automated that is rather cool, does that mean you need to uninstall the game before a format or pc upgrade then?

You can just right click on the game in the Library tab and click on the De-authorize button. Also, when you launch the game, it'll ask you whether you want to Play Bad Company 2, De-authorize the game, or Contact EA Support.

Roofy

crimsonheadGCN said:
You can just right click on the game in the Library tab and click on the De-authorize button. Also, when you launch the game, it'll ask you whether you want to Play Bad Company 2, De-authorize the game, or Contact EA Support.

That sounds awesome

Is Football Manager 2010 and VT2009 the only new sales this week guys?
the reason i ask is because you seem to find the great hidden deals that i always seem to overlook

Javaman

Roofy said:
That sounds awesome

Is Football Manager 2010 and VT2009 the only new sales this week guys?
the reason i ask is because you seem to find the great hidden deals that i always seem to overlook

I hadn't seen it on sale yet but Lego Starwars complete is only $20. I've been having a blast with that one. I do wish there was more to spend studs on though. I've just finished the main story lines and still have a lot of gameplay left but not much to spend the money on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Javaman said:
I hadn't seen it on sale yet but Lego Starwars complete is only $20. I've been having a blast with that one. I do wish there was more to spend studs on though. I've just finished the main story lines and still have a lot of gameplay left but not much to spend the money on.

The "cheats"/special characters which are super useful for getting 100% cost quite a lot. However, if you save for the stud multiplier cheats first, you end up maxing out the stud counter pretty easily.

Javaman

Stallion Free said:
The "cheats"/special characters which are super useful for getting 100% cost quite a lot. However, if you save for the stud multiplier cheats first, you end up maxing out the stud counter pretty easily.

Yeah, that's my problem in a nutshell. I bought those first and they stack. It's up to x8 right now and can go up over x80. Why even put those into the game if there's nothing that requires that much money?

Diablohead said:
Devs, more of you do this please.

Devs, just dump it all together please.

I'm not seeing a 3rd party DRM entry in the steam store, just in the little footnote which is often wrong as it's almost always just a copy and paste from the back of the retail box.

URL started working again but only in chrome, not in steam beta.

TouchMyBox said:

I'm not seeing a 3rd party DRM entry in the steam store, just in the little footnote which is often wrong as it's almost always just a copy and paste from the back of the retail box.
I don't think we will ever say good bye to DRM for a long time yet (lol ubisoft) but having it all in one place if you bought the game from steam is very welcome, especially if it means less finding websites and logging in to them or 3 activations where you get no active refund unless you phone them. Making DRM easy to manage and simple to reset is rather great imo.

Hugbot

TouchMyBox said:

DRM is here to stay, at least this is easy to manage and pretty unobtrusive to the whole experience.

I really wish Sega All-Stars Racing would just get released...

It's back to being an enigma with no timer, but still sitting in the coming soon column.

FrostuTheNinja said:

It's back to being an enigma with no timer, but still sitting in the coming soon column.
I been watching to see what price it comes up as in the UK and it's rather silly now, must be a reason for pushing the time back every chance they get...

Suairyu

Banned
Diablohead said:
I been watching to see what price it comes up as in the UK and it's rather silly now, must be a reason for pushing the time back every chance they get...
Same here. Tesco have it available for £12 (!!!) on the online store. The Steam price probably won't be any better, but I would not mind paying a couple (and I mean just a couple) of quid extra for the convenience. I wish I knew either way.

EDIT - "Release 3rd March" - Well isn't that just lovely. My bet tomorrow it'll say 4th.

panda21

they do this to us quite often i think. seems for most stuff except the big games like BF:BC2 they just set it to the US release date, and then do this weird delaying thing until when its actually supposed to be out in europe on friday.

i just watched silent hunter tick over from being available in 1 hour to just saying coming march 2, and now march 3..

Don't hold me to this but I wouldn't be surprised to see an Indi pack be a midweek deal. A new pack was added to the registry and includes such games as Altitude, Gridrunner, Bob Came In pieces, Space Giraffe.

graywolf323

FrostuTheNinja said:

I see it in the new release column now but no price listed

graywolf323 said:
I see it in the new release column now but no price listed

Every step of the way, SEGA seem to have been doing their utmost to sabotage the PC release of the game, its getting ridiculous at this point. I can guarantee you that the game is finished as I've been playing it for nearly a week now.

Fwiw, its under new releases for me, but you can't actually buy the thing. This is after its been pushed back without notice twice already.

LovingSteam said:
Don't hold me to this but I wouldn't be surprised to see an Indi pack be a midweek deal. A new pack was added to the registry and includes such games as Altitude, Gridrunner, Bob Came In pieces, Space Giraffe.

Oh shit, oh shit! :D

panda21 said:
they just set it to the US release date, and then do this weird delaying thing until when its actually supposed to be out in europe on friday.

Except it released in Europe (at retail) last week and it isn't up on the US store either.

Indie Midweek Madness

Save big on Gridrunner, Space Giraffe, Bullet Candy, Bob Came in Pieces, Altitude, Super Laser Racer, and Galcon Fusion! Buy all the games in the Midweek Madness Indie Game Pack for just $9.99!

$9.99

If you do not want to buy the pack then each game is $2.00 each.

Defense Grid just got an update-

Updates to Defense Grid: The Awakening have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

* Support for DLC is enabled. Check out the new FREE DLC pack, Borderlands! Four challenging levels new to Steam players.
* Upgraded leaderboard performance - Defense Grid now uses the official Steam leaderboards. Unfortunately, this change resets all existing leaderboard entries, but the good news is that all of the leaderboards are wide open and waiting for your high scores to post. Defend the cores and show others how good you are.
* Corrected a bug in which Cannon towers would sometimes fire twice as often when using fast forward.
* Fixed an issue in which AI audio would still play even if the Voice Over volume was turned all the way down.
* Fixed an issue that prevented the Voice Over volume slider from responding to mouse input.
* The Achievements button on the Main Menu will now take the user directly to their stats and achievements page for Defense Grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom