• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMACOMPUTA

I see Titans Quest on sale a lot.. Always passed it up.

Anyone know anywhere to get it for the cheap?
Regret not getting it +expansion for $5.. :(

IMACOMPUTA said:

Gold version is just about twice that on Amazon, which is still a good deal. It'll probably be on sale again, though.

Anksta

IMACOMPUTA said:

Its a good game but I think it's been surpassed by Torchlight in every way.... well except that Torchlight doesn't do multiplayer.

forrest

formerly nacire
I have a question regarding games that steam carries, but that I purchased at retail. I installed UT3 which I had from retail long ago, then registered it on Steam with the packed in key. Much to my delight Steam recognized the key and linked it. However, it started downloading and installing the entire UT3 Black package.

Can I uninstall the copy I just installed? I already have Tomb Raider Underworld installed as well and I was wondering if there was a way to register it with Steam without having to reinstall it?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
nacire said:
I have a question regarding games that steam carries, but that I purchased at retail. I installed UT3 which I had from retail long ago, then registered it on Steam with the packed in key. Much to my delight Steam recognized the key and linked it. However, it started downloading and installing the entire UT3 Black package.

Can I uninstall the copy I just installed? I already have Tomb Raider Underworld installed as well and I was wondering if there was a way to register it with Steam without having to reinstall it?
Right Click->Pause update->Delete Local Content->Done

ZZMitch

So, I think my Steam account has been hijacked... or at least I can't get into it. I am sending a ticket to valve right now, attaching a picture of the CD-Key of Team Fortress 2 I bought a while ago at best buy... wish me luck! :D

Is there any timefram for a response?

My group is currently in need for more members.

Just looking for group members that are laid back, and just wanna have a good time playing games.

Steam ID: Labombadog

IMACOMPUTA

Anksta said:
Its a good game but I think it's been surpassed by Torchlight in every way.... well except that Torchlight doesn't do multiplayer.

Well, that's the thing. My cousin and I would like to play it together. :p

TheExodu5

Banned
Anksta said:

I think it's better than Torchlight when it comes to more exciting and visceral combat, but TQ has much better balance and a far wider array of useful builds. TQ beats Diablo in almost every way though. :)

Oreoleo

ZZMitch said:
So, I think my Steam account has been hijacked... or at least I can't get into it. I am sending a ticket to valve right now, attaching a picture of the CD-Key of Team Fortress 2 I bought a while ago at best buy... wish me luck! :D

Is there any timefram for a response?

3-5 business days

Zzoram

TheExodu5 said:
I think it's better than Torchlight when it comes to more exciting and visceral combat, but TQ has much better balance and a far wider array of useful builds. TQ beats Diablo in almost every way though. :)

TQ loses in terms of replayability (no random maps) and UI. I could never tell what my health was at when looking at the middle of the screen because of the tiny health bar in the corner (where you look 99% of the time in these games) and the way hotkeys worked was very annoying.

IMACOMPUTA said:

I bought it back during a sale, never got a chance to play it though. The single player works, but whenever i try to play LAN or online, it says i have network problems. Apparently its a pretty common issue, and all of the "fixes" i tried never worked. Pretty sure its just a problem with the game itself because i have no issues with other games. I had no interest in playing through by myself so just uninstalled.

Just a heads up if you plan on buying it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fragamemnon said:
take the UBI DRM bitching to the thread already made for it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387906

More talk about that sweet-ass Star Wolves 3 preorder deal. Definitely going in on that one since I missed the first two games.

Well on a completely random whim I picked up the Star Wolves pack. Started playing the first one and so far it's absolutely rocking my socks.

It kind of feels like a blend of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident and a Infinity Engine RPG. Good stuff so far.

coopolon

IMACOMPUTA said:

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say I regret buying it for $5, but I definitely did not enjoy it as much as other people on GAF have. The biggest problem was in multiplayer half the quests don't work, it says "This quest cannot be completed in a multiplayer game." I never investigated to see if this was fixable, I think it's completely unacceptable for game where obviously multiplayer is a huge emphasis to not work perfectly out of the box.

It was also very boring (which is probably why I didn't care enough to try to fix the multiplayer problems.) IT's also extremely easy to build a broken character, which I'm not really sure what the point is. Also, you don't share experience, so my friend who went storm had lapped me level wise even though we were always together, I assume because he was killing so many more creatures. Both of us put tons of hours into Diablo 2 and Torchlight, and we both thought TQ was so bad that after 3-4 hours we gave up and started playing Starcraft.

On the other hand, it often goes down to $5, might be worth seeing for yourself.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
coopolon said:
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say I regret buying it for $5, but I definitely did not enjoy it as much as other people on GAF have. The biggest problem was in multiplayer half the quests don't work, it says "This quest cannot be completed in a multiplayer game." I never investigated to see if this was fixable, I think it's completely unacceptable for game where obviously multiplayer is a huge emphasis to not work perfectly out of the box.

That's strange. I had no issues whatsoever with MP in both TQ and IT.

Zzoram

Sinatar said:
Well on a completely random whim I picked up the Star Wolves pack. Started playing the first one and so far it's absolutely rocking my socks.

It kind of feels like a blend of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident and a Infinity Engine RPG. Good stuff so far.

The only review I found of Star Wolves 3 gave it 4/10, mostly for poor pacing (open world with nothing in it, takes super long to travel from starbase to starbase) and bad controls.

coopolon

JaseC said:
That's strange. I had no issues whatsoever with MP in both TQ and IT.

Yah, I feel like it was a bug, or something. In the most recent LTTP thread, someone else had experienced the same problem, so I know it wasn't just isolated to me. For all I know it was an easy fix, we just weren't enjoying the game enough to investigate it.

vocab

How do King Bounty games progress in terms of story and gameplay? I played Armored Princess demo, and it was really tough to get into because I had no idea what I was doing.

vocab said:
How do King Bounty games progress in terms of story and gameplay? I played Armored Princess demo, and it was really tough to get into because I had no idea what I was doing.
Armored Princess is made for guys and gals who finished The Legend and game out it with balls of steel. You need to really know the game before you go into Armored Princess.

19Kilo

Wait, Silent Hunter 5 unlocks tomorrow? Fuck yeah.

Edit: Looks like D2D has a Gold Edition listed, not sure if it's worth the extra $10 and not having it on Steam:

Additional Gold Edition Features:

* Includes three famous non-playable historical U-Boats:
o U-99 (type VIIB) – submarine of U-boat ace Otto Kretschmer
o U-30 (type VIIA) – submarine of U-boat ace Fritz Lemp
o U-552 (type VIIC) – submarine of U-boat ace Erich Topp

* Includes four famous Allied ships:
o HMS Duke of York (King George V battleship class) – the ship responsible for sinking the German battlecruiser Scharnhorst and carrying Churchill to America in one occasion.
o HMS Walker (V&W destroyer class) – ship commanded by Donald Macintyre during the battle for convoy HX112 which led to the capture of top U-boat ace Otto Krestschmer (U-99) and death of U-boat ace Joachim Shepke (U-100)
o HMS Stork (Black Swan sloop class) –flagship of the famous commander Walker, leading the 2nd Support Group flotilla assigned to U-boat hunting
o HMS Suffolk (Kent cruiser class) –famous British cruiser involved in the battle of Norway and the sinking of the German battleship Bismarck
o Includes The Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Official Guide
o 110-page pdf guide detailing the crew, submarines, ships, and weapons of Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic.

Doytch

vocab said:
The story continuity exists, but it's completely perfunctory. I don't even know what the story was, though there are funny bits of dialogue. Gameplay...I think starting at The Legend is easier because there's a smaller variety of effects/abilities/monsters to keep track of. AP adds a bunch of stuff and cleans up The Legend to the point where it's no-doubt a much better game than The Legend, and if you don't mind learning it quickly then go with AP. TL definitely gives the gentler introduction, imo.

They're both really long though (30-40 hrs), so if you're only gonna play one, go with AP.

19Kilo said:
Wait, Silent Hunter 5 unlocks tomorrow? Fuck yeah.

A PERMANENT INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://silent-hunter.us.ubi.com/silent-hunter-5/.

Jupiter's cock.

Danne-Danger said:
Armored Princess is made for guys and gals who finished The Legend and game out it with balls of steel. You need to really know the game before you go into Armored Princess.
Really? I found Armored Princess easier than The Legend. I'm sure part of that is because I had already played The Legend, but I actually hit a wall in the first game and never finished it, whereas I got to the end of AP without too much trouble.

Chris Remo said:
Really? I found Armored Princess easier than The Legend. I'm sure part of that is because I had already played The Legend, but I actually hit a wall in the first game and never finished it, whereas I got to the end of AP without too much trouble.

Yeah, the pet dragon makes you pretty overpowered in AP.

Javaman

I'm specing out a new computer and was thinking about using a 30gig SSD for my C drive. Does steam let you choose where to install it during the initial installation? I definitely won't be able to fit all these games if it only defaults to C:. It's surprising that they still hadn't updated the client to let you install the games on different drives.

edit: definitly

Volcynika

Looks like a weeklong deal on Football Manager

Football Manager™ 2010 Update Celebration - Save 50%
March 1, 2010, 10:29 am - Valve

In celebration of the game's big update today, Football Manager™ 2010 is 50% off until 10am PST Monday.

This was the update:

Updates to Football Manager 2010 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Football Manager 2010

■Fixed crash when clicking on the backroom advice button

■Players who say they are willing to leave the club to help with the clubs debts no longer get upset if you transfer list or offer them out.

■Fixed scouts completing thier nation assignments too early for small reputation clubs.

■Adjusted generation of names for Croatian newgens with second nationalities.

■Fixed older newgens in some cases getting youth contracts instead of regular contracts.

■Playing for a clubs A and B teams now does not count as having already played for 2 clubs in a season when joining a new team.

■Past meetings tables are now sorted by goal difference and goals for after points.

■National team facts information panel now only uses first team players.

■Adjusted changes in very low average attendances

■Fixed newgen name issues where some African newgens for example were getting English names because of their birth city language being English.

■Players no longer get unhappy about the clubs league position until after a reasonable amount of games have been played.

■Fixed bug where a person loses a language skill when changing from a player to a staff member.

■Stopped inappropriate manager to manager comments been available on Brazilian State league games.

■Adjusted newgen attribute creation and development

■Adjusted Danish cup attendances

■Players dont get called up to Olympic qualifiers if they have important club matches.

■Automatic rejection of other national job offers if offered multiple jobs. When you accept an offer, it auto-rejects the other jobs just like it does with club management

■Adjusted Turkish Super Cup attendances

■Adjusted Bulgarian attendances in continental matches

epmode

vocab said:
Besides Cryostasis, is there any other 1C games worth buying?
As others have said, Men of War and King's Bounty are both great.

I also played an adventure game called Overclocked: A History of Violence and I really liked it. I The modern setting is great and the well-done prerendered backgrounds are a nice throwback to old adventure games.

I didn't really like the ending but it's definitely worth playing. Also: it's almost entirely overlooked on this forum.

...not on Steam, sadly.

Volcynika

vocab said:
From what I read, it seems it's on sale for just today only. Midweek madness is still tomorrow.

March 1, 2010, 10:29 am - Valve

In celebration of the game's big update today, Football Manager™ 2010 is 50% off until 10am PST Monday

The news was at 10:29 AM PST, so that's why it looks like a weeklong sale. And they've had multiple sales running at once, ya know. :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Zzoram said:
The only review I found of Star Wolves 3 gave it 4/10, mostly for poor pacing (open world with nothing in it, takes super long to travel from starbase to starbase) and bad controls.

Reading reviews on PC exclusive games made by small european teams is a waste of time.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If you're thinking of buying Armored Princess, make note that the game has black bars on the left and right side of the screen in 16:9 resolutions, an issue that still hasn't been resolved despite them knowing about it since release.

It pisses me off.

vocab

Lyphen said:
If you're thinking of buying Armored Princess, make note that the game has black bars on the left and right side of the screen in 16:9 resolutions, an issue that still hasn't been resolved despite them knowing about it since release.

It pisses me off.

That sucks.

I'll probably wait for a 1c collection sale or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom