• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought beat hazard on steam, went to start playing and I was glued to it for 3 hours, and my Friends in the room couldn't look away lol. This game is fucking amazing, geometry wars + audio surf x 9000. I was playing on my media center pc on a 50" plasma with surround sound and lots of dethklok among other bands and it's badass.

There are some pretty nasty problems with screen tearing that I need to try to fix tomorrow and the music browser in game is slow as dog shit but the game is good enough to forget about that stuff.

Also, if you get seizures from flashing lights in games or whatever, this game would make you head explode, literally.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Desaparecido said:
I just tried that Babo game.

It's awful.

And it doesn't even have anything to do with Madballs.

Don't make me go back. :(
Yeah, the Madballs thing was mostly marketing. I would try playing a game with friends before dismissing it. It even has 4 player co-op. Also make sure you're using a gamepad.

SapientWolf said:
Yeah, the Madballs thing was mostly marketing. I would try playing a game with friends before dismissing it. It even has 4 player co-op. Also make sure you're using a gamepad.
I played CTF, like Babo Violent 2. I don't really have anyone to play it with, so there's that.

Spwn

The Madballs in Babo multiplayer was quite fun, but the single-player was a bit boring. I would buy the game, but I'm afraid there is no one to play with after the weekend.

Bought Beat Hazard yesterday and I'm loving it. Already spent five hours with it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Spwn said:
The Madballs in Babo multiplayer was quite fun, but the single-player was a bit boring. I would buy the game, but I'm afraid there is no one to play with after the weekend.

Wait, you are questioning a 2.50$ purchase? Goddamn Gaf. Goddamn.

NIN90

Stallion Free said:
I wouldn't actually. I wouldn't even bat an eye. That's around the price of a box of cereal where I live.

Well I do question if I need a box of cereal or not. :)
Different budgets I suppose.

But I buy games on Steam in the 1-10€ price range on impulse. D:

Stallion Free said:

Its not only that. Its the time you invest in it. I don't know about you but if im wasting my life on a game it better be a good one. If you buy it and dont play it then you are just a goddamned pack rat.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Its not only that. Its the time you invest in it. I don't know about you but if im wasting my life on a game it better be a good one. If you buy it and dont play it then you are just a goddamned pack rat.
Hey man, it's not my fault King's Bounty: Armored Princess can't even get one small patch out to fix widescreen! And that Dragon Age is an unstable shitstorm! :( I'm not a pack rat!

Oh dear, may overreaction may have betrayed something...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:

Well he had fun playing the multiplayer and it's not going to go dead after this weekend as I had no problem finding servers back in January when I was messing around with the game. So there you go.

chixdiggit

Desaparecido said:
I just tried that Babo game.

It's awful.

I actually had a pretty good time with it and will probably buy it. Nothing I would spend countless hours with but something I could see loading up here and there.

Stallion Free said:
I doubt it's the $2.50 that's bothering him. I wouldn't download a free game if I thought it wasn't any fun / wasn't going to be any fun.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Desaparecido said:
I doubt it's the $2.50 that's bothering him. I wouldn't download a free game if I thought it wasn't any fun / wasn't going to be any fun.

He had fun though! He says it in his post! He enjoyed the multiplayer. And there are people who were playing online before this free weekend so the 2.50$ is the only issue here.

vocab

Desaparecido said:

$2.50 is a joke for a lot of people. Plus I'll download anything that is free. Good or not.

I'm hooked on madballs right now. I got it ages ago when it was on sale, but could never find any populated servers worth a damn until this weeekend. Multiplayer is hilariously bonkers.

Hopefully this free weekend spurs more people to play.

panda21

how is lead and gold holding up? don't know why but theres something appealing about it, but these small DD MP games tend to die pretty quick.

Spwn

Stallion Free said:

Well, it's closer to 3.5$ for me. I like playing the MP, but I'm not sure will the appeal of the game last longer than the weekend. I've bought too many games lately anyways, so I may save the 2.5€ this time for something else.

denomes

panda21 said:
how is lead and gold holding up? don't know why but theres something appealing about it, but these small DD MP games tend to die pretty quick.

I've been playing daily since release and have only had trouble finding a game with a good ping once or twice.

A recent patch seems to have really improved the game as well, though I can't quite identify why exactly.

Stallion Free said:
And there are people who were playing online before this free weekend...
Maybe explain that instead of ridiculing him for not wanting to spend $2.50.

vocab said:
$2.50 is a joke for a lot of people. Plus I'll download anything that is free. Good or not.
$2.50s add up... on Steam, at the grocery. Especially when you start considering it a joke. And why would you download a game that isn't good? Nobody's free time is that worthless.

panda21 said:
I still think it's great.

Twig

Banned
Lead and Gold is getting dedicated servers real soon, which should help with the ping, and hopefully will give a better indication how popular it is/will be.

Volcynika

K.Jack said:
Is Star Wolves 3 playable?

I'm desperate for a space sci-fi type game, and it's cheap enough.

Is that one of the older ones? I think Fragamemnon said the older ones wouldn't run on Windows 7 or something. (I'd have to look and it wouldn't matter if that wasn't your OS anyways)

AcridMeat

Banned
I just bought Beat Hazard in a post-party exhausted state.

Just played the game on easy

HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS AMAZING! My senses just fucking exploded everywhere. I played a 2 minute long Choking Victim song, and now I have to take a break :lol :lol

Seriously, this is the best fucking game. :D I may have to go out and get a wired 360 controller just for this.

Truespeed

What a second, they're selling cereal on Steam now? Damn, that Amazon / Steam feud is heating up.

Anyway, let's get this Madballs Four Pack going.

Javaman

I think someone might have posted this earlier, but if you are having crashes on start up while running dual screens, just disable dual screens, launch the game and run it in a window. You can then activate the second screen. Worked like a champ for me.

graywolf323

Truespeed said:
What a second, they're selling cereal on Steam now? Damn, that Amazon / Steam feud is heating up.

Anyway, let's get this Madballs Four Pack going.

I'm willing to buy the 4-pack if we have four people ready to go right off the bat

Boonoo

AcridMeat said:

HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS AMAZING! My senses just fucking exploded everywhere. I played a 2 minute long Choking Victim song, and now I have to take a break :lol :lol

Seriously, this is the best fucking game. :D I may have to go out and get a wired 360 controller just for this.

It's so much better with a dual stick controller. I tried it for a bit with mouse and keyboard, and in this case the 360pad is heads and tails above.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
AcridMeat said:

I'm sorry, but this hype is out of order. Too much for this game.

I'll temper it by saying this: It's decent and might be worth your money.

edit: I played with a 360 controller.

Spwn

I wonder how much Madballs sold this weekend. The SWAT combo pack seems to be on the top sellers list. I too decided to buy it after some thought. I really hope there will be people to play with after the weekend.

AcridMeat

Banned
Boonoo said:
It's so much better with a dual stick controller. I tried it for a bit with mouse and keyboard, and in this case the 360pad is heads and tails above.

I actually ordered a wired 360 controller yesterday from amazon, they're like $25 right now. :lol

BobsRevenge said:
I'm sorry, but this hype is out of order. Too much for this game.

I'll temper it by saying this: It's decent and might be worth your money.

edit: I played with a 360 controller.

You're right, that was posted where at that point of time I was blown away. I'll agree it is decent, and might not be for everyone. But I love these types of games, so I think it's amazing.

graywolf323

Slavik81 said:
No. I was just going grocery shopping. I don't think I've ever seen a box of cereal for as low as $2.50. You're a lucky bastard.!

I actually bought a box of Captain Crunch on sale for $1.50 about a month ago

I picked up a Madballs four pack. Already have 3 copies accounted for but if you want the fourth PM me, it comes to $1.88/game after you split it up. Need to have paypal of course.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
woxel1 said:
Never before have I been so seduced by an offer. I was going to wait until the end of the season to buy, but not no more.

Yeah i caved in a bought it. 35 dollars for 5 games and i get the TF2 stuff. I've been meaning to try the Sam & Max games so i guess now is a good time.

graywolf323

BuddhaRockstar said:
I picked up a Madballs four pack. Already have 3 copies accounted for but if you want the fourth PM me, it comes to $1.88/game after you split it up. Need to have paypal of course.

sent you a PM a little earlier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom