• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidion

Twig said:
I'd play it. I've had it for ages. X:

Finally, someone with good taste. <3

But yeah, but anyone wondering about the worth; it's a good dumb shooter that's cosiderably worth the minuscule price tag. I paid $8 and it was a fun romp through the single player; multi is icing.

Twig

Banned
It's just skins and I think it gives you the unlocks early instead of making you work for 'em.

So if that's worth it to you...

Unlocking stuff is pretty easy.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands was added to the "Coming Soon" list. It'll be integrated with Ubisoft's new DRM scheme and it will probably cost $59.99 like Assassin's Creed II and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction.

epmode

crimsonheadGCN said:
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands was added to the "Coming Soon" list. It'll be integrated with Ubisoft's new DRM scheme and it will probably cost $59.99 like Assassin's Creed II and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction.
And I'll avoid it, just like I've put off every other recent Ubisoft game.

...but I don't know if I can continue the boycott through Trackmania 2...

graywolf323 said:
Is the Madballs: S.W.A.T. Combo Pack worth it or should we do a 4-pack instead?
Damn . . . I saw "S.W.A.T. Combo Pack" and got all excited that Irrational's SWAT games were available in a combo pack.

vocab

DrPirate said:
Anyone here try Beat Hazard? It's 7 bucks and looks to be a whole lot more fun than Audiosurf.

Some impressions a couple pages back. It's fun, way more fun that audio surf IMO, but if you are scared of seizures, don't buy this one. So much flashing, and light show shit enough to make your eyeballs bleed. I played and beaten 3 tracks on Hardcore so far, and they were all different experiences.

DrPirate

Banned
vocab said:
Some impressions a couple pages back. It's fun, way more fun that audio surf IMO, but if you are scared of seizures, don't buy this one. So much flashing, and light show shit enough to make your eyeballs bleed. I played and beaten 3 tracks on Hardcore so far, and they were all different experiences.

Thanks for that. Sold!!!

Sloegr

Teknoman said:
Computa, you might want to edit that post a little.

There was an accouncement by a mod entitled "Retarded Lie Day." I figured there was some leeway when it came to insulting language, but I guess it's best not to take any chances.

IMACOMPUTA

Am i at risk? Is it the D word? or the F word? I see the F bomb on here all the time..
Please dont ban me! I'll fix it if i need to!

Firestorm

IMACOMPUTA said:
Am i at risk? Is it the D word? or the F word? I see the F bomb on here all the time..
Read the FAQ forum. Read the ToS. You didn't edit out the offensive part.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
IMACOMPUTA said:
Ahh, the motherfucking F bomb.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
IMACOMPUTA said:
G-word.

But you were only describing the homoerotic aspects of Altered Beast so I don't see a problem actually.

Red Scarlet

IMACOMPUTA said:
Haha. My cousin and I played through it recently. We were dying laughing at how GAY it is. There are so many gay animations/poses. Clothes ripping off/etc.
It was kind of a while ago (like 2 years ago) but i swear i remember punching somethings *EDIT* off.
:D
Its fun for a laugh.

*whisper whisper* calling stuff gay as a pejorative is the bannable part of your post.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
dallow_bg said:
G-word.

But you were only describing the homoerotic aspects of Altered Beast so I don't see a problem actually.
Altered Beast per se isn't really homoerotic though; it's more the post-80s innuendo playing into it, I think. Was all over the place back then.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
dallow_bg said:
G-word.

If it was Cho Aniki he might have been able to slide. Hopefully he spends his time away from the forum learning better adjectives.

On topic, are there any good Soldat clones on Steam? There are a few on the consoles but it's not the same without the mouse.

Red Scarlet said:
*whisper whisper* calling stuff gay as a pejorative is the bannable part of your post.

I'm pretty sure he was not using it as a pejorative. He was saying the game was gay in that it likely appealed to homosexual men because of the all the beefcake dudes whose muscles bulged so much that their clothes ripped in half.

Edit: Also furries. Totally a game for gay furries.

vocab

Trent Strong said:
Why the fuck don't they put Silent Hill 2 and 3 up on Steam. GOD DAMN IT!!!!!

eh. Konami always treated Silent Hill like shit in the US. We were lucky to get SH1 on the PSN.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Lime said:
TFU is a horribly incomplete, buggy mess. At 5 euro/dollars it might be worth it, but at 15, it's way too much, and there are so many more deserving and more enjoyable games to spend your time on. If you have to play a Star Wars game, get the Jedi Knight collection.

Waste of money, imo.

See i have the Jedi Knight collection. Played through Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy, was just hoping this was more of the same.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
zombieshavebrains said:
See i have the Jedi Knight collection. Played through Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy, was just hoping this was more of the same.

If you have a 360 controller and are a huge Star Wars fan, it's definitely worth it. While the combat doesn't feel as polished as the Jedi Knight series and the protagonist isn't as loveable as the Kyle Katarn (fuck Jaden Korr :lol) you eventually build up into an incredibly powerful that is a ton of fun to play as. They really fucking nail grabbing people/things with the force and throwing them. And the fan service is so goddamn good. From the bonus levels to the skins you can choose from the play with, they lay it on thick.

MoFuzz

zombieshavebrains said:
If by more of the same you mean a nerf bat for a light saber, then yes it's the same.

That's right, a laser sword that should has been shown in countless films/tv/comics to slice just about anything to ribbons with a flick of the wrist is apparently about as effective as a neon coloured foam baton.

hamchan

MoFuzz said:
If by more of the same you mean a nerf bat for a light saber, then yes it's the same.

That's right, a laser sword that should has been shown in countless films/tv/comics to slice just about anything to ribbons with a flick of the wrist is apparently about as effective as a neon coloured foam baton.

Yeah the lightsaber is so useless in TFU :lol

The whole is game is pretty much just picking guys up with the force and smashing them into walls/throwing them over the edge.

Also the Star Destroyer part is one of the worst things I've ever played through.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
dallow_bg said:
Thank you!!!

I've heard bad things about their DRM though. Probably worth it though.

DRM? Oh fuck they put Tagés on it, i hadn't noticed. Anyway hopefully this game gets released on Steam or gog soon without the DRM.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
dallow_bg said:
Thank you!!!

I've heard bad things about their DRM though. Probably worth it though.
The original CD release also had some shitty DRM (was cracked quickly though). Unsure about the rerelease.
There was also an early DVD release iirc. That also had some shitty DRM.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Stallion Free said:
If you have a 360 controller and are a huge Star Wars fan, it's definitely worth it. While the combat doesn't feel as polished as the Jedi Knight series and the protagonist isn't as loveable as the Kyle Katarn (fuck Jaden Korr :lol) you eventually build up into an incredibly powerful that is a ton of fun to play as. They really fucking nail grabbing people/things with the force and throwing them. And the fan service is so goddamn good. From the bonus levels to the skins you can choose from the play with, they lay it on thick.

Have a 360 controller, wasn't sure if it supported it or not. Pretty big fan of Star Wars so for 15 bucks i guess it'll be worth it. Bugs don't bother me so much so long as it's not game breaking and i can still at least beat the damn thing.

Zinga

Banned
Bought the GTA Episodes, really looking forward to playing them! but downloading 16gb on my 1.5mbit connection takes some time :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
zombieshavebrains said:
Have a 360 controller, wasn't sure if it supported it or not. Pretty big fan of Star Wars so for 15 bucks i guess it'll be worth it. Bugs don't bother me so much so long as it's not game breaking and i can still at least beat the damn thing.

Yeah, I have played the two bonus levels and started the singleplayer (beat it on 360 before) and it's been working perfectly fine. It is locked at 30 fps which isn't a deal breaker for me (so long as it is a game that uses a controller), but it is for some people. It maps exactly the same to the 360 controller as it did on the 360 and it has all the correct icons/button prompts for it.

epmode

Anarchistry said:
Is there a concrete date for Steam coming out on Macs?
Hopefully soon. I have a feeling that the Mac release of Steam will coincide with the achievement update for the pre-Episode 2 Half-Life games. I've been meaning to replay them!

BobJustBob said:
I'm pretty sure he was not using it as a pejorative. He was saying the game was gay in that it likely appealed to homosexual men because of the all the beefcake dudes whose muscles bulged so much that their clothes ripped in half.
It's like the He-Man action figures.

vocab

So no one wants to man up for the madball 4 pack? I guess I will. PM me I'll give you my paypal so you can mail me the money. Make sure you include your steam account. $1.87 per person.

chixdiggit

vocab said:
So no one wants to man up for the madball 4 pack? I guess I will. PM me I'll give you my paypal so you can mail me the money. Make sure you include your steam account. $1.87 per person.

A whole savings of $0.62!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom